Team v The Mackems

I honestly could not understand the first half set up today, I did not know what was expected of nuhiu for a start, long balls up to his head, no-one running off and the ball simply given backto PNE.

I did not know where Reach was playing, he simply ran from side to side.

I honestly think neither Nuhiu nor Reach knew what their roles were either.

Second half, totally different with Lucas on, PNE got taken apart for 10 minutes and looked totally woeful at the back, I honestly thought we might get 4 or 5 in the first 20 minutes...

Then we stopped, then we started again...

Surely an attacking side should trot out at Sunderland

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Agree with your team op but Jos might rotate the squad a little bit 2 games in quick succession might not he too good for the likes of Bannan after so long out, did Hutch go off just as precaution today? 

Nah I think it was a little more serious, he virtually did nothing after going down

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I honestly could not understand the first half set up today, I did not know what was expected of nuhiu for a start, long balls up to his head, no-one running off and the ball simply given backto PNE.

I did not know where Reach was playing, he simply ran from side to side.

I honestly think neither Nuhiu nor Reach knew what their roles were either.

Second half, totally different with Lucas on, PNE got taken apart for 10 minutes and looked totally woeful at the back, I honestly thought we might get 4 or 5 in the first 20 minutes...

Then we stopped, then we started again...

Surely an attacking side should trot out at Sunderland

I'm feeling generous... Could be a tactical masterplan? Lull them into a false sense that they don't have to defend at all, then bring on the attackers

Don't laugh but a few weeks ago this game would have been called a 6 pointer.

There were a few knocks and this manager is cautious with injuries.

Palmer for Hunt to be careful

One of Fox's better games so if he is fit play him, otherwise Boyd (is he injured?)

The Hutch, Bannan situation may need Jones/Butterfield (an I really suggesting this?)

Joao and Adthe should start or rest Adthe and give Rhodes  a run (am I really saying this?)

FF will be on the bench to replace Rhodes on 60 minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manor Owl said:

Don't laugh but a few weeks ago this game would have been called a 6 pointer.

There were a few knocks and this manager is cautious with injuries.

Palmer for Hunt to be careful

One of Fox's better games so if he is fit play him, otherwise Boyd (is he injured?)

The Hutch, Bannan situation may need Jones/Butterfield (an I really suggesting this?)

Joao and Adthe should start or rest Adthe and give Rhodes  a run (am I really saying this?)

FF will be on the bench to replace Rhodes on 60 minutes.

We certainly need to manage the injuries so no arguments there

I am certain JL selected team today with half an eye on Monday. Joao was the key today and I believe he was left out of starting XI to ensure he could play a role on monday which looked the more winnable game. the squad for whatever reason is fragile in Hunt, Hutchinson, and Pudil both looked to have knocks today and Bannan is not at his best yet whilst Forestieri is also short of game time.

i would love us to be able to play bext XI every game but do not thinkit is possible.

I suspect Boyd will be involved at Sunderland and Palmer will also probably start game.

The absence from 18 of Loovens and van Aken indicates they are not key in JL plans and unless Pudil and Fox are struggling on monday can not see them being brought back into fold.

i thought thorniley and preston played well for U/23s today. and who knows we could see some youths on bench.