Full 90 minutes for Joost Van Aken

6 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

One of the players to build a team around next season.

Joost Van Aken, 

Adam Reach, 

Barry Bannan, 

Tom Lees

Jack Hunt,

Kieran Lee, 

Sam Hutchinson, 

Lucas Joao 

Gary Hooper

Fernando Forestieri

Some right quality there, imagine if we can add some successful recruitment to that lot!

Add the 3 keepers to that too.

just keeping them all fit which is the issue , 

Van Aken's a quality player, but he's not very good at defending at the moment.

It's just a different game in Holland, that's all.

Those lads have got the skills, which most of his height don't possess here, but the game's played at an ambling pace.

It's a shame he got injured, because the more he plays the quicker he'll adapt.

What did Brighton quote us for Dunk?

We couldn't afford a ready-made ball-playing CB of that stature.

54 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Van Aken's a quality player, but he's not very good at defending at the moment.

It's just a different game in Holland, that's all.

Those lads have got the skills, which most of his height don't possess here, but the game's played at an ambling pace.

It's a shame he got injured, because the more he plays the quicker he'll adapt.

What did Brighton quote us for Dunk?

We couldn't afford a ready-made ball-playing CB of that stature.

Not very good at defending.

bit problematic for a defender

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thebizzle said:

He is in full training, a week behind Hutch and Bannan, actually.

So a guy who has not been injured since about January other than getting something in his eye for a few days but never plays, never available but on at least £20,000 a week - I wish I could get a job on that sort of money for basically doing nothing.

I think I can see now why we are posting such losses each year. 

I would also hazard a guess if Big Ron or Jack Charlton or Mick McCarthy were his manager he would not have spend the last 2 years pretty much sat on his arse and would have played a lot more than 20 games.

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

So a guy who has not been injured since about January other than getting something in his eye for a few days but never plays, never available but on at least £20,000 a week - I wish I could get a job on that sort of money for basically doing nothing.

I think I can see now why we are posting such losses each year. 

I would also hazard a guess if Big Ron or Jack Charlton or Mick McCarthy were his manager he would not have spend the last 2 years pretty much sat on his arse and would have played a lot more than 20 games.

Why, what magic healing powers do they have?

Plus, I can tell you for a fact that a significant amount of time when he wasn’t playing, he was fully fit. He just wasn’t rated by Carlos.

Edited by McRightSide
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Why, what magic healing powers do they have?

Plus, I can tell you for a fact that a significant amount of time when he wasn’t playing, he was fully fit. He just wasn’t rated by Carlos.

The managers of old would not have allowed him to take the wee wee the way he has over the last two years, having time off for something in this eye or a broken finger nail.

A proper English manager would have told him to get on with it and get out on the field and play.

I can just see Abdi now trying to tell Bryan Clough I can't play today gaffer as i have an eye lash stuck in my eye - I think by the end of this conversation he would have two matching black eyes lol

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The managers of old would not have allowed him to take the wee wee the way he has over the last two years, having time off for something in this eye or a broken finger nail.

A proper English manager would have told him to get on with it and get out on the field and play.

I can just see Abdi now trying to tell Bryan Clough I can't play today gaffer as i have an eye lash stuck in my eye - I think by the end of this conversation he would have two matching black eyes lol

I've no idea what he had in his eye, but I'm certain that no medical staff anywhere would advise anyone not to train or play because of an eyelash in their eye.

Foreign bodies in eyes can be a danger to ones eyesight if not treated correctly dependent on what they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

I've no idea what he had in his eye, but I'm certain that no medical staff anywhere would advise anyone not to train or play because of an eyelash in their eye.

Foreign bodies in eyes can be a danger to ones eyesight if not treated correctly dependent on what they are.

Look Abdi has had more excuse for not playing that even Matias - who also seem to have fallen of the face of the earth again.

A proper English old school manager would not have fallen for this nonsense that was my point they would have them playing instead we continue to be fed excuse after excuse and he has play what 4 or 5 games this season out of over 40. Another great return from a player costing us £30,000 a week in wages.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look Abdi has had more excuse for not playing that even Matias - who also seem to have fallen of the face of the earth again.

A proper English old school manager would not have fallen for this nonsense that was my point they would have them playing instead we continue to be fed excuse after excuse and he has play what 4 or 5 games this season out of over 40. Another great return from a player costing us £30,000 a week in wages.

I'm not making excuses for him, when we signed him I had good expectations and he hasn't fulfilled them at all.

I don't know why he hasn't been playing nor what his string of injuries have been, although we are led to believe they have been minor ones. but I can't see the point of making things up about eyelashes in his eye.

Guest Arcadianrocket
On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:16, bigash_swfc said:

One of the players to build a team around next season.

Joost Van Aken, 

Adam Reach, 

Barry Bannan, 

Tom Lees

Jack Hunt,

Kieran Lee, 

Sam Hutchinson, 

Lucas Joao 

Gary Hooper

Fernando Forestieri

Some right quality there, imagine if we can add some successful recruitment to that lot!

Most of who were here last summer and summer before.

If only our recruitment team knew what they were doing.

On 20/03/2018 at 18:23, timrud said:

So the photo of Abdi training today isn't real?

think it is, thats the hard part, trains, on the bench, cameo appearance, disappears, start the the same routine again, we just cant work it out and its getting to us.

3 hours ago, AracdianDreamer said:

Most of who were here last summer and summer before.

If only our recruitment team knew what they were doing.

Exactly, absence makes the heart grow fonder so they say. These players were doing nothing much for us earlier in the season, some of who I’d argue are past their sell by date 

some are gonna be in for a shock when everyone’s back and we don’t start smashing teams, big changes needed in the summer