Ross Wallace - Injury

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I wouldn't have called it fake...

However.....(here we go, I know)

It was a very timely veteran move to get rid of a niggle on our dollar, so he can find a new club for himself next season.

Is this something you've heard people say, or is it just your attempt at supposing what the type that sees faces in clouds might say? Because, if it's the latter, their theories are typically much better than this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cowl said:

Is this something you've heard people say, or is it just your attempt at supposing what the type that sees faces in clouds might say? Because, if it's the latter, their theories are typically much better than this.

It was my opinion, nothing too far fetched. Hope he finds a good home next season and can perform to a decent level.

It is what anyone with a brain cell, who wanted to carry on playing pro football would have done. So good luck to Ross, been a great servent. 

I'd be disappointed if he re-signed, tbh. We need a new direction and we've got plenty of experience in Hutch, Bannan, Lee and not forgetting our ancient artifacts Jones and Boyd

I can understand some fans thinking Ross shouldn’t be offered an extension, but I would be happy.

He has been under-rated and under-appreciated in his time here. In his first season, when Carlos wanted us to play with width, Ross provided huge attacking threat. In the second season, when Carlos narrowed the midfield, Ross was far less effective. 

I recall the Bristol City home game as a great example. First half Carlos played one of his tight lop-sided midfields Reach-Lee-Jones-Bannan....it was dire. No outball wide right, and Bristol hemmed is in and went in deservedly two up.

At HT Ross came on right, FF left. We destroyed them second half, with Wallace hugging the touch line and providing an outball wide and a balanced attacking threat.

I would have no problem with Reach, FF, Wallace and Boyd being our perm-any-two-from-four width next season. 

However, if 352 or similar is Jos’s way forward, then obviously there’s no role for Ross, and I would wish him nothing but gratitude and the best of luck for the next couple of seasons.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I can understand some fans thinking Ross shouldn’t be offered an extension, but I would be happy.

He has been under-rated and under-appreciated in his time here. In his first season, when Carlos wanted us to play with width, Ross provided huge attacking threat. In the second season, when Carlos narrowed the midfield, Ross was far less effective. 

I recall the Bristol City home game as a great example. First half Carlos played one of his tight lop-sided midfields Reach-Lee-Jones-Bannan....it was dire. No outball wide right, and Bristol hemmed is in and went in deservedly two up.

At HT Ross came on right, FF left. We destroyed them second half, with Wallace hugging the touch line and providing an outball wide and a balanced attacking threat.

I would have no problem with Reach, FF, Wallace and Boyd being our perm-any-two-from-four width next season. 

However, if 352 or similar is Jos’s way forward, then obviously there’s no role for Ross, and I would wish him nothing but gratitude and the best of luck for the next couple of seasons.

This mentality is exactly why we are near the bottom and struggle to attack teams .

wallace is / was a good player but he’s well into his 30s now , has zero pace and is incredibly easy to defend against . We have got to stop living in the past , he currently offers nothing 

23 minutes ago, james o connor said:

This mentality is exactly why we are near the bottom and struggle to attack teams .

wallace is / was a good player but he’s well into his 30s now , has zero pace and is incredibly easy to defend against . We have got to stop living in the past , he currently offers nothing 

I think it's a given that he'll be released along with loovens .....

11 hours ago, MAL said:

Apologies if already posted.

Ross Wallace fake injury photo's.

Image may contain: one or more people

It’s in his contract fake all injuries when told to do so look closer it’s 2 different legs I think he’s been googling knee injuries and using them pics ........

Joking haha

He has been a decent servant for 2/3 years but even without the injury I would not be happy if the club were signing him up for another year.

Even if his salary is on the lower end of the squad scale he is still going to be on £10,000 a least a year this is £500,000 that could pay for the likes of Stobbs, Clare, Thorniley etc who are players i hope to see more of next season in and around the first team. We will still have Boyd (hopefully fit) so cannot see us needed Wallace.

Also in this bracket is Loovens, Jones, Abdi, Fletcher getting these and Wallace of the wage bill alone could save us £100,000 a week or £5m a season we have already wiped out 25% of the losses as silly as it sounds. If we can then get rid of Matias, Rhodes and one or two others that again could wipe another £5m off the wage bill reducing the losses another £5m. We need a few cheap Premiership loans and a bit of pace but we would still have the core of a very good top 10 squad - if they stay fit.

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

How likely is he to get better as a player?

Unlikely.

How likely is he going to be make the 11 every week?

Unlikely

If everyone was fully fit, is it a hard choice between himself and Reach or FF for example?

Unlikely.

Sorry Ross.

16 hours ago, MAL said:

Apologies if already posted.

Ross Wallace fake injury photo's.

Image may contain: one or more people

Anyone thinking this was a "niggle" is sorely mistaken. When you slice the side of the knee open like this it is to give the surgeon access to re-construct something.