Dross Jos

37 minutes ago, NoctOwl said:

Wednesday: "Jos Luhukay: boss says team lack belief and confidence"

Saturday: stands silently on the touchline for 90 mins whilst Phil Parkinson goes barmy next to him.

Regardless of results, I just want to see some energy from the man in charge!

Ridiculous comment IMO you don’t have to jump around to be a good manager (not that I’m convinced Jos is) lol

7 minutes ago, ramone said:

No mate, he was the manager that finished 6th and 4th in his 2 full seasons here. 

You keep your head in the sand mate, its best there for all of us really

The comments about CC sometimes astound me - as you say 6th then 4th, from nowhere, even with money to spend it’s not as easy a task as some of our fans seem to think    :duntmatter:

Edited by Spookone
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

The comments about CC sometimes astound me - as you say 6th then 4th, from nowhere, even with money to spend it’s not as easy a task as some of our fans seem to think    :duntmatter:

Exactly. Its only because some people are now wondering what they hell they were thinking getting on the back of our best manager in recent times. You can bet your bottom dollar that, give the chance again, none of them would be calling for Carlos to leave. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. 

• Haha 1

Carlos was off to Swansea no matter what it was just about getting the timing right, finishing fourth and sixth was great on paper but means very little in the grand scheme of things ,yes it was enjoyable but that is it , ,we are still where we are ,still in  the championship and started the season the same as anyone else on no points and have improved very little since ,will we stay up well that is a poser we have enough to do so if they stop throwing games as they did today one stupid mistake cost us two points which would have made the cushion from relegation a little easier to bear,but as per we couldn't hold out yet again ,that is where we are at folk's and like it or lump it if we don't pick up the ante soon then it might be a hanging on and praying scenario ,

1 minute ago, ramone said:

No mate, he was the manager that finished 6th and 4th in his 2 full seasons here. 

You keep your head in the sand mate, its best there for all of us really

the clownsters collective methods in management dropped the fitness level to a point that we were in freefall, with a list of injuries longer than i can remember at ANY football club. 

his previous two seasons failings at promotion (as you yourself point out) added to the catastrophe of this season should easily have been more than enough for him to be sent packing, however for whatever reasons he wasn't and was allowed room to desert the ship he's holed.

Just now, ElsecarOwl said:

So where does the belief and confidence come from if not the manager ?

It can still come from the manager but he doesn’t have to jump around on the touchline - I seem to remember Arsenal doing pretty well over the years - Wenger isn’t in any way an extrovert is he?

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

the clownsters collective methods in management dropped the fitness level to a point that we were in freefall, with a list of injuries longer than i can remember at ANY football club. 

his previous two seasons failings at promotion (as you yourself point out) added to the catastrophe of this season should easily have been more than enough for him to be sent packing, however for whatever reasons he wasn't and was allowed room to desert the ship he's holed.

A finish in play offs was 'par' for what we'd spent. You have your head in the sand

Guest mkowl
22 minutes ago, ramone said:

Carlos Carvalhal. That proven manager

Fair enough that Swansea were playing with 10 but their match stats show no shots at all. Must be summat about Huddersfield

Jos may come good with a full, fit squad at his disposal next season.

But there seems to be little value in taking that risk. Let's get someone in with experience of the league. With the exception of Wolves who have spent a fortune the rest of the top 6 this year all have mangers with lots of experience in English football. 

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

A finish in play offs was 'par' for what we'd spent. You have your head in the sand

Don’t agree - there are teams spending money who aren’t getting the results they should be - we should all realise by now that there’s more to finishing top 6 than just spending money lol

Edited by Spookone
  • Like 1

Just now, mkowl said:

Fair enough that Swansea were playing with 10 but their match stats show no shots at all. Must be summat about Huddersfield

I know. And that will mean that, if City win, that Guardiola will overtake him as being the manager with the most amount of wins in the Premier League since he started his tenure at Swansea. 

In fact, Man Utd won so Mourinho will have just overtake him as well... 

But don't be fooled, @dnhc says he's a clown so I don't know what to believe... :tango: DNHC