Dross Jos

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

I agree mate, he's had long enough to put his stamp/identity on this team, injuries or not and we still look clueless.

Cheap appointment where our only saving grace is theres some real dross below us who can't win.

Get your season tickets here boys, a bargain, we don't know what league we'll be in, who will be our manager or if we will sell all our best players????

If Monty Python did 150 year anniversaries this would be the script.

Its an absolute shambles mate.

You're telling me that our players in incapable of taking the game, at home, to Ipswich and Bolton??? They're professional footballers. We've not just got 11 lads off the kop and asked them get a result.. Although I think that would yield better results at the moment. At least we'd see some effort. Making 6 changes every match does no one any favours at all.

Things had gone a little stale under Carlos but they never even threatened to be as bad as they are now now. 

• Haha 1

The injuries are what they are and accept the impact they have, but that excuse is wearing thin.

We had recent premier league experienced players available today, comfortably out spent Bolton five fold I would assume with a squad comparison  based on today's teamsheet. Players available are not performing and that is Jos responsibility.

I have lost confidence that Jos is the right appointment into next season. If he keeps us up this season that will be enough, but we cannot entrust our most crucial transfer window in years (in view of wider  FFP implications) and start next year in the same manner he is managing this.

2 minutes ago, NoctOwl said:

Haha true enough, it was pretty surprising- surely it's his job to maintain positivity and give out some kind of message if he feels his players lack confidence?

I was hoping from the little info we had after his appointment that he would be more of a little general. A manager to be feared (but not from being assaulted ala Nigel P lol). However with so  few options available in reserve who can he drop at the moment? We really are in a mess. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

According to DC he was the outstanding candidate at interview! 

makes you wonder who the others were....

I have it on good authority they were Barry chuckle, the late Paul Daniels, Groucho Marx and Oliver Hardy. 

• Haha 2

I can't remember a more inept Wednesday side in 30 odd years. Totally bereft of any confidence. We were second to every ball, can't pass, showed no movement or attacking threat, and would have been easily beaten by a better side. We certainly didn't deserve to win that.

i just don't know where we go from here. We so badly needed 3 or 4 points this week, we've got one. When the palpable joy and relief of boyds goal started to calm down, It felt like the crowd expected that equaliser, like you knew you were about to be kicked in the bo11ocks.

cant see us getting anything next week either. 

I think we’ll stay up by 1 or 2 points purely because there will be 3 teams who absolutely cannot buy a win and are in less points than us right now.

That, In my opinion, will reflect more on our rivals ineptitude than anything Jos has done since he’s been here so as far as I’m concerned I don’t want him as manager next season. 

20 minutes ago, ramone said:

The people using the injuries as Jos' excuse are the same people that wouldn't afford injuries to be an excuse for a proven manager... Absolutely sums up Wednesday fans to a tee

what 'proven manager'?

the last one dug the hole we're in.

this one may have attributes carlos didn't, but looks as though he's lacking in other departments.

when we, or any other football club require a manager, they shouldn't be using just one avenue to list what is on their books and choose from the ones offered. it should be everyone realistic is up for consideration.

if halfords have no tyres to fit my car, it's pointless coming back with some push bike tyres just because they were well priced.

6 minutes ago, striker said:

The injuries are what they are and accept the impact they have, but that excuse is wearing thin.

We had recent premier league experienced players available today, comfortably out spent Bolton five fold I would assume with a squad comparison  based on today's teamsheet. Players available are not performing and that is Jos responsibility.

I have lost confidence that Jos is the right appointment into next season. If he keeps us up this season that will be enough, but we cannot entrust our most crucial transfer window in years (in view of wider  FFP implications) and start next year in the same manner he is managing this.

This

1 minute ago, Owlstastic said:

I was hoping from the little info we had after his appointment that he would be more of a little general. A manager to be feared (but not from being assaulted ala Nigel P lol). However with so  few options available in reserve who can he drop at the moment? We really are in a mess. 

Me too! I wouldn't even mind some screaming and shouting and ostrich-sand-hiding (or even £20 note metaphors if it motivated this bunch of overpayed geriatrics.

I'm with you on the thin squad, but talk is famously free, so maybe we could start there?!

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

I'm confident that we'll stay up and that there'll be a revolution in the summer with Jos still at the helm next season with a fit squad that he's happy with. I'm happy to defer judgement until then.

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Carlos Carvalhal. That proven manager

your mate was the clown that has the fitness level at the club at an all time low, results were a shambles, and we were on our way down. utterly shamed at home by the pigs, i bet they were gutted when this very limited man took us there and brought a point back, when they been expecting giving a rampant hiding to an open arsed carvahal side.

this very limited man may just scrape enough points to avoid relegation, but never forget, he has it to do with the mess your champion left

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NoctOwl said:

Me too! I wouldn't even mind some screaming and shouting and ostrich-sand-hiding (or even £20 note metaphors if it motivated this bunch of overpayed geriatrics.

I'm with you on the thin squad, but talk is famously free, so maybe we could start there?!

Perhaps he can't think what to shout at them? He needs to learn some appropriate English phrases. 

"gerrit forrard"

"Reachy, WTF was that? and so on...

Just now, dnhc said:

your mate was the clown that has the fitness level at the club at an all time low, results were a shambles, and we were on our way down. utterly shamed at home by the pigs, i bet they were gutted when this very limited man took us there and brought a point back, when they been expecting giving a rampant hiding to an open arsed carvahal side.

this very limited man may just scrape enough points to avoid relegation, but never forget, he has it to do with the mess your champion left

No mate, he was the manager that finished 6th and 4th in his 2 full seasons here. 

You keep your head in the sand mate, its best there for all of us really