Sam Hutchinson

13 minutes ago, Zlin Owl said:

You have to admire Hutch for his reaction. He can see what is happening and knows he can help turn things so wants to do this sooner rather than later. Pity some of the others who are playing don't show the same level of commitment and steel.

Yes he has a fantastic attitude but I can understand the club in only wanting him to play 60 minutes testerday. If he had done 90 and broken down he would have been set back by weeks. Give him 60 wait to see if there is a reaction, if not give him 90 and then in the team.

Anyone thinking he will be on the bench on Saturday is being overly optimistic IMV. Next week hopefully he will get 90 on Monday and start the next first team game.

Guest Arcadianrocket
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He is better than almost every fit player even at 50%

The thing with Sam especially is he is injury prone even when he is 100%. He can go at any moment. Resting him for three weeks whilst he plays U23s game is pointless. If he feels he is ready and has trained for 3 weeks, he may as well play. It is more about managing the minutes he plays. He has still played Saturday then Tuesday for us far too often. If he plays once a week I am sure he will be fine.

We don't have the luxury of waiting for players. I would much sooner have Sam busting a gut to play and put his body on the line then those in the team who seem mentally weak and afraid to take responsibility. If we had more players with his attitude we would not be where we are/

It is deeply frustrating that most of our injured players are our leaders. 

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

While I would love to get hutch back in the team to give us that bite, drive and organisation in midfield along with his leadership qualities which we really do need right now to help shore things up. 

I can't help wondering if Jos has been told to try not to use certain players such as hutch and Abdi unless forced because if we are thinking of moving them on and trying to sell them in the summer if they get injured again it'll lesson the chance of sorting a deal, I've a sneaky feeling they're going to wait see how results pan out and make sure they're fit and give them the last 5/6 games back in the shop window so to speak. 

More chance of selling the kop than those two mate. Hutch and abdi are going nowhere and certainly not for a fee.

Hutches knees have always defied all modern known medical practices.  I honestly think his fitness is unique case.

Bringing him back into the team early countless times has led him back into the medical room.

So maybe this time they are going to try and get him ready correctly for once..No matter how frustrating it is for him and us

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hutch just wants to play football. Understand his frustration. He wants to help turn things around. But his injury record suggests we do right by not rushing him. 

Agree. A whole hearted player but often booked or injured more than most so wise to test him properly

5 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Hutches knees have always defied all modern known medical practices.  I honestly think his fitness is unique case.

Bringing him back into the team early countless times has led him back into the medical room.

So maybe this time they are going to try and get him ready correctly for once..No matter how frustrating it is for him and us

Agree with this - last time Sam himself who monitors his own fitness didn’t realise he had a broken bone  - so you can see why the club are being cautious and not listening to Sam anymore.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

Agree with this - last time Sam himself who monitors his own fitness didn’t realise he had a broken bone  - so you can see why the club are being cautious and not listening to Sam anymore.

Don't talk rubbish. Sam thought he had a problem so had a scan. Our "new" medical team missed the fracture. The problem didn't get better so he had another scan and then somebody realised that he had a fracture and it had been missed off the first scan. I'd say that this proves that Sam knows his body better than our "new" medical team.

1 hour ago, Bukta said:

Don't talk rubbish. Sam thought he had a problem so had a scan. Our "new" medical team missed the fracture. The problem didn't get better so he had another scan and then somebody realised that he had a fracture and it had been missed off the first scan. I'd say that this proves that Sam knows his body better than our "new" medical team.

He played with a broken bone then realised he might have a problem - yeah course he knows he knows his own body - if he’s so good at self diagnosing and managing his body why has he come off injured so many times ? Seems to me he is over eager to play and it causes him problems.,,

22 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

He played with a broken bone then realised he might have a problem - yeah course he knows he knows his own body - if he’s so good at self diagnosing and managing his body why has he come off injured so many times ? Seems to me he is over eager to play and it causes him problems.,,

I don’t think you could be further from the truth. The lad has a chronic condition like Ledley King and Paul McGrath had. If you treat these players with the same rules as everyone else they would have hardly ever kicked a football. 

6 minutes ago, Bukta said:

I don’t think you could be further from the truth. The lad has a chronic condition like Ledley King and Paul McGrath had. If you treat these players with the same rules as everyone else they would have hardly ever kicked a football. 

He had a scan that didnt pick up in a broken bone in his leg - he didn’t pick up on it either ! Nothing to do with his chronic knee condition- have you seen his press conference- he says he played with a broken bone 

11 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Maybe he thought he was fit, but the coaching staff wanted him to have longer recuperation time and come back to match fitness more slowly.

This probably frustrated Hutchinson as he more than likely just wanted to play, like every footballer wants to.

Exactly, he, along with Lee, came back from injury far too early and hence spent more time in the treatment room.

What do you want, him to start and have to come off after 20 mins, AGAIN, and be out for the rest of the season.

IF we can get a fee for him in the summer, we should snatch the hand off.

56 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

He had a scan that didnt pick up in a broken bone in his leg - he didn’t pick up on it either ! Nothing to do with his chronic knee condition- have you seen his press conference- he says he played with a broken bone 

That’s the point, he did pick up on it but the medical team sent him for a scan and said he was ok. Now think about that....let’s say on Monday morning you feel a pain in your shoulder, you suspect something is wrong, your employer sends you for a scan.  Your employers miss-read the scan and say there is nothing wrong with you. You rest and then start training again and after a few weeks or a month or so the stress cracks again. You would be livid. And how on earth could you blame Sam for that?

10 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Why is it so unlikely that he'll play if he's fit?

FFS.

if I was the manager hutch would be on bench today vs Bolton and start at leeds , but for some reason that aint jos`s way.  like I say what the heck is going on down there, now is not the time for giving players on comeback trail mini pre seasons , Carlos's mess needs to be sorted in summer ,then a proper pre season can be had which players aint had since s gray .