George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Not being funny but at the start of the season we had Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu, Forrestieri due back before end of season.  Did we really think we'd need George Hirst to keep us up?  Really?

Either way - WELL RUN CLUB

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Apparently shouted it to the crowd when being taken off today at the U23's then repeating it a couple of times to fans as he was mingling with them after

And that's what we call a source is it?  Someone posted it on here at the weekend that he'd said exactly that last week.  Hardly what you'd call good journalism and fact checking is it.  If he did that at the game the club would be well within their rites to just not even let him play for the 23's!  Why would they let him play for the kids if he were fully fit?  It doesn't make any sense.  If they don't want to play him, just don't.

And you wonder why people are taking shots at the site when this is what we're peddling as facts.

Just not bothered...

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Antoher one for you

Hutchinson said today that he's been fit since start of February, is fit, had told the boss he's fit, but hasn't been picked and doesn't know why.

Ethically I think it stinks, to be charging the prices we are charging, delivering what we are delivering on the pitch, while at the same time so many shenanigans happening off the field.

It shows contempt for the supporters in my opinion. Very sad.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I'm not talking about the last month, it's been known since the start of the season.  Carlos said as much.  It was obvious from the fact he wasn't in the U23's.  Not sure what's changed other than Jos has said it in plain terms.

It was only last week that a regular  poster on here was chased all over the forum by Big D asking him to prove that Hirst wasnt playing because he was banned.  I'm guessing he was hoping he'd implicate himself in some kind of defamation issue.

Now confirmed by Jos.

I wonder if he'll apologise.

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Because he's taking the place of someone who does want to be here.  Someone who might develop whilst playing.  Not rocket surgery.

He can have Rhodes' place!

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

And that's what we call a source is it?  Someone posted it on here at the weekend that he'd said exactly that last week.  Hardly what you'd call good journalism and fact checking is it.  If he did that at the game the club would be well within their rites to just not even let him play for the 23's!  Why would they let him play for the kids if he were fully fit?  It doesn't make any sense.  If they don't want to play him, just don't.

And you wonder why people are taking shots at the site when this is what we're peddling as facts.

Ah - so you won't believe any story unless David Conn himself has it on the back page of the Guardian. OK

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He told us last week he was available. What's changed?

He told us last week he was available to play for the under 23's and to train with the first team.

Nothings changed.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

@KivoOwl - tell this doubter just how many people heard Hutch say this as he left the pitch today mate

4 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Yes - I heard him say he could have played 90

Slightly different!

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Ah - so you won't believe any story unless David Conn himself has it on the back page of the Guardian. OK

No, but I'm not going to believe the first tweet I read from "SmiffyDaOwl" either.

Just not bothered...