George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

Guest Hillsborough Mole

"We must channel our time, commitment and resource into those young players who want to prosper at Sheffield Wednesday- DC"

Doesnt really apply to Sean Clare either does it

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

"We must channel our time, commitment and resource into those young players who want to prosper at Sheffield Wednesday- DC"

No

Jos has said he's 100% ready to play Saturday

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Not far fetched at all, but you’ll be called batshit crazy by some on here for even thinking it 

Im the furthest from being a cynic or one to believe in conspiracy theories but there is something quite clearly wrong at the Club.

I wouldn’t rule anything out at the moment. It’s an absolute shambles!

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

It does happen occasionally. It might not even be the first time it happened here, McGugan springs to mind. 

McGugan’s wasn’t a contract issue though. The manager wanted him to play in a certain role and the player either wouldn’t or didn’t think that he could (depending on whichever version you go with). 

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a manager / chairman say “such and such won’t sign his contract so I’m not playing him.”

Mind you I don’t follow much football apart from us nowadays.

11 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

No it doesnt, and the same logic must be applied to the Clare situation as the Hirst situation- unless personal feelings are coming before the good of the team?

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Let's say that it's a personal thing between Mr Chansiri and George's people/dad - that's not great is it?

Let's say it's a thing about not playing him because he's not signing with us so we want to play our other players ahead of him - doesn't add up when you look at Thorniley, Clare etc this season

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON

Owlstalk Shop

I think everyone just wants full scale honesty. (Not that we deserve it, we are just fans of a team that kicks a ball around).

I'm personally just sick to the back teeth of all of this.

Hide that facts of one thing, everything that comes out seems worse with more speculation.

I sort of feel the Hirst issue is the tip of the iceberg. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I did expect you to say that to be honest having read your thoughts on the other thread. I'm intrigued by what you said about not liking what goes on after though! Care to expand on it?! 

I have done in the other thread repeatedly

You really have to go to one to see what I mean

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

Differences with the Chairman were why Jos left Stuttgart after a dozen or so games

He may well feel that doing the same again would affect his reputation going forward. He's caught between a rock and a hard place in that respect.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Happy to - just not sure how you get in!

Email the club tonight and ask if you can attend

There should be a place spare as I'm not going (if it's my seat it'll be right next to the chairman with reclining seats, cigars, and an assistant to help you on with your smoking jacket)

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

George HIrst.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.08.49.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.11.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.25.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.34.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.43.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.09.51.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.10.37.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 13.10.45.jpg

I can see him going on to be a good Premier League player and full England international. 

We still talk about how we missed out on Cantona nearly 30 on and I can see is talking about the George Hirst situation in 2048.

Hirst will be sold in the summer cos we need cash. Hirst has more value if he's playing and scoring. Therefore Hirst has been brought back into the u23 fold where we saw his value apparently reach £2m

Occam's razor innit 

4 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Hirst will be sold in the summer cos we need cash. Hirst has more value if he's playing and scoring. Therefore Hirst has been brought back into the u23 fold where we saw his value apparently reach £2m

Occam's razor innit 

But why completely rule him out of the 1st team picture where he could see his value increase and when we could also benefit from having him in the squad?