George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It's common knowledge released in a club statement. Hirst indeed has done nothing wrong, however his 'agents' have...he could quite easily tell them to fooook off if he wanted...unless he has a binding contract with them :rolleyes:

And we all know who they are , so it comes as no surprise they are trying to screw the club over Hirst .

42 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Great stats for youth level and he has real potential.

But so have a lot of youngsters and haven't went on to anything.

But nothing above youth level.

If he was demanding the wages of a first team player then we rightly said no.

If the club have a strict wage ceiling they don’t to go over, that’s fine.

I wish the club had stuck to a strict wage ceiling that they couldn’t break when we were in negotiations to sign the likes of Rhodes, Abdi, Fletcher, Emmanuelson etc. But that’s another matter.  Those players are seasoned pros, so I can understand why those players are on big wages, even though they’ve done little to justify their highly expensive contracts.

But how does sticking to a strict wage ceiling, justify freezing a youth player out of the first team and the U23s?

How is Hirst meant to ‘prove his worth’ if he has been not included in the first team and the U23s all season?

Hirst has only been afforded 25 minutes of first team football in total.  Which given the amount of senior strikers we have had available in the last 2 years, is hardly surprising.  There’s no way anyone can take any conclusions in regards to Hirst’s quality from that.

I don’t think many fans are saying that we should blow a king’s ransom on this kid’s new contract.  I think most fans are just p*ssed off that we seem to be cutting our nose off despite our face here.

22 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

If anyone is going to the meeting tomorrow can they ask him why he is doing this so we know all the facts please .

I will be asking this if someone doesn't beat me to it

I predict he'll lay into him, his fatha etc again though 

I am beggining to lose faith in how DC is running this club. Currently we have one half decent striker in Joao and that is it but refusing to play Hirsty makes no sense. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. If DC thinks we can't go down then he is deluded. Somebody who could possibly help us stay up and we don't allow him to play does nobody any favours. Crazy decision in my opinion.

1 hour ago, welsOwl74 said:

I very much doubt the club getting relegated or worse depends on hirst signing a deal pal

Short sighted thinking. 

Sheffield Wednesday in a nutshell, really. Infact that's Sheffield in a nutshell isn't it. Got to give it to both Wednesday and United, we're both reflections of the city.

Lets see who has a better career over the next 20 years, George Hirst or Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Think JR, a proven goal scorer £8M + wages.....Not worked out for us or him, 3yr deal ....ffp to think about, little resale value

Think GH, not proven £25K + per week +  add ons, bonuses 3yr deal ...Not worked out for us or him ....ffp to think about, little resale value

Fans

Fancy splodging all that fooookin money on an unproven player...and we are skint, up to our bollllox in ffp penalties, the chairman is clueless

lol

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you go to the last one mate?

(steering group not the big fans forum)

yes I did, I found them helpful but can see why people don't like them

I have to bite my tongue a bit as there's some proper tools who go

48 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It's common knowledge released in a club statement. Hirst indeed has done nothing wrong, however his 'agents' have...he could quite easily tell them to fooook off if he wanted...unless he has a binding contract with them :rolleyes:

You’re not getting it.  I couldn’t give a monkeys about he said / she said, who wants what, and who doesn’t want to pay it. It’s about stopping a player playing football over signing or not signing a new contract. Pathetic.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 11.37.33.jpg

Jos has just confirmed George Hirst is NOT allowed to play for the first team currently but can play in the Under 23's

The manager confirmed that he's not allowed to select him for first team duties

That's me done, absolute shyte

joke of a club, I think I'll save my money

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

If the club have a strict wage ceiling they don’t to go over, that’s fine.

I wish the club had stuck to a strict wage ceiling that they couldn’t break when we were in negotiations to sign the likes of Rhodes, Abdi, Fletcher, Emmanuelson etc. But that’s another matter.  Those players are seasoned pros, so I can understand why those players are on big wages, even though they’ve done little to justify their highly expensive contracts.

But how does sticking to a strict wage ceiling, justify freezing a youth player out of the first team and the U23s?

How is Hirst meant to ‘prove his worth’ if he has been not included in the first team and the U23s all season?

Hirst has only been afforded 25 minutes of first team football in total.  Which given the amount of senior strikers we have had available in the last 2 years, is hardly surprising.  There’s no way anyone can take any conclusions in regards to Hirst’s quality from that.

I don’t think many fans are saying that we should blow a king’s ransom on this kid’s new contract.  I think most fans are just p*ssed off that we seem to be cutting our nose off despite our face here.

Totally agree with this.