George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

He told us last week he was available to play for the under 23's and to train with the first team.

Nothings changed.

He has trained with us this week and he plays tomorrow with our Under-23s. That is a positive situation," said the Owls boss. "I don't know how is the future but at this moment he is training and can also play for us."

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He said stuff as he came off and then again to others later on - as I said earlier - in the earlier post when I described what had happened 

If you heard fair enough, I don't doubt your hearing.

9 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Do you think Man City would do anything differently?

Personally I think it is exactly the right thing to do.  

Would that be the same for any player we have? For clarity: 

Any player who refuses to extend their contract on the offered terms you would ban them from playing for us?

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Would that be the same for any player we have? For clarity: 

Any player who refuses to extend their contract on the offered terms you would ban them from playing for us?

I'd be less inclined if they were a regular first team player, but teams up and down the land don't play players who are leaving at the end of the season.  Why would you play someone who doesn't want to be here?  Can't imagine many will have their head 100% in the game.

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Its just been on Football Heaven too about Sam Hutchinson saying that from someone that was there

It doesn't become a reputable source simply because the same guy who said it on Twitter said it on the radio too right?

Perhaps Hutch is frustrated and "feels" he's been fit.  But with his injury history the club aren't taking any chances?  I know all logic's gone out of the window down at S6 but surely it can't be beyond the realms of man to think they might just be being cautious with him?

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I'd be less inclined if they were a regular first team player, but teams up and down the land don't play players who are leaving at the end of the season.  Why would you play someone who doesn't want to be here?  Can't imagine many will have their head 100% in the game.

Can't imagine any clubs would shut a player out that scored over 50 goals last season, played for England and is fit and raring to go whilst plummeting down the league, unable to score and at risk of relegation

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

A 16 page thread full of stuff thats been answered 

HE ISN'T AVAILABLE TO THE MANAGER BECAUSE OF CONTRACT ISSUES 

What else needs discussing 

Who and why did they make that decision? Simple facts of the matter is that he's still under contract to us till the end of the season and therefore is being paid to play and as such should be available to the manager if he considers he could impact the team.   

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Can you give a few examples?

Apparently an Owlstalker placed a £100 wager with SkyBet on George Hirst playing this season, at 500/1. 

SkyBet threatened to pull sponsorship if the club let him play. 

Now it's making sense. And someone on here is to blame!!

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mountain Owl said:

Who and why did they make that decision? Simple facts of the matter is that he's still under contract to us till the end of the season and therefore is being paid to play and as such should be available to the manager if he considers he could impact the team.   

Impact a team that can't score, has the worst form in the league, an injury crisis, and looking likely relegated.

But we'll ban him from playing with a few others for good measure. 

Well run club ?

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

1.Which clubs ban players?

2. You’re assuming that the player in question doesn’t want to be here. 

3. Again your making assumptions on someone’s professionalism. I’d have thought (i’ve fallen into the assumption trap!) it would be in the players best intrests to give 100% to give himself the best opportunity’s.

I think the logic behind why Hirst hasn't been involved has been lost in all this.

I thought the reason he wasn't involved was that it was preventing the development of others that wouid be sticking around next season?

Well now he's.playing in front of these players in the U23s but not allowed to play in the first team?

Can someone ask Chansiri  (or whoever is chair) to explain this tomorrow at the steering group? 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think the logic behind why Hirst hasn't been involved has been lost in all this.

I thought the reason he wasn't involved was that it was preventing the development of others that wouid be sticking around next season?

Well now he's.playing in front of these players in the U23s but not allowed to play in the first team?

Can someone ask Chansiri  (or whoever is chair) to explain this tomorrow at the steering group? 

See that's a killer question innit

Borukov has had to drop to the U18's and U23's bench to fit Hirst into the side

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

What a farce. 

Whether George Hirst is the second coming is beside the point. 

Our owner is for all intents and purposes meddling in first-team affairs; preventing his head coach (who needs all the help he can get) from picking a striker who may help us get to safety. 

If he's willing to do that, then is it so far-fetched to think that certain first players are being prevented for contractual reasons?  

Not far fetched at all, but you’ll be called batshit crazy by some on here for even thinking it