George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

8 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

Yet another shocking decision from Chansiri. I have no doubt that if this man remains in control

of my club, we are heading in the same direction as Blackburn, Portsmouth and Charlton.

I will be giving serious thought to renewing my season ticket. Do I want to put money into Chansiri's pocket?

If Chansiri countinues down this road I fear for the future of our club.

lol

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But why completely rule him out of the 1st team picture where he could see his value increase and when we could also benefit from having him in the squad?

I reckon DC was happy for him to rot, this is the compromise purely cos we need cash. Wonder if the accounts barely being signed off triggered his return...

1 minute ago, bigrbuk said:

I reckon DC was happy for him to rot, this is the compromise purely cos we need cash. Wonder if the accounts barely being signed off triggered his return...

We've messed this one up big time. No way his value will have gone anywhere but down in the months we have chosen to leave him out.

It's gonna be interesting (but not that interesting enough for me to attend) at the 'Steering Group' meeting tomorrow night 

Mr Chansiri is going to walk into a room choc full of tin foil hatters all demanding to know why George Hirst is banned from playing for the first team

Gonna be an awkward one that but I bet you here and now that Mr Chansiri comes out of it winning

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grez Bez
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's gonna be interesting (but not that interesting enough for me to attend) at the 'Steering Group' meeting tomorrow night 

Mr Chansiri is going to walk into a room choc full of tin foil hatters all demanding to know why George Hirst is banned from playing for the first team

Gonna be an awkward one that but I bet you here and now that Mr Chansiri comes out of it winning

Despite most of them never seeing him play

10 hours ago, matt.b said:

He looks dejected in every picture.

I think I would be. 

If he knew when he signed that he'd have one hand behind his back he'd have had second thoughts.

What a way to run a business. Does he actually believe people will buy season tickets when this kind of news gets out.

I wonder if this was supposed to be s secret. Reminds me of Villas Boas at Chelsea.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's more likely to walk into a room choc full of people who support everything he does, ready to shout down the first dissenting voices.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Its just been on Football Heaven too about Sam Hutchinson saying that from someone that was there

They let you on? Hehe.

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Perhaps Hutch is frustrated and "feels" he's been fit.  But with his injury history the club aren't taking any chances?  I know all logic's gone out of the window down at S6 but surely it can't be beyond the realms of man to think they might just be being cautious with him?

This is what I thought when I read what Hutch had said at the U23s.

Been a lot of people saying our injuries are, partly, down to rushing players back, so it's strange that we're now moaning about doing the opposite! lol

Didn't another player recently (Lees?) Say he'd made his injury worse by insisting on playing, when, in hindsight, he shouldn't have?

As for Hirst, nothing much has changed, he wasn't able to play for the 1st team already...

But we had a, so called, ITKer telling us he'd signed a new contract, which looked plausible with him returning to the U23s and Jos saying he needed to play U23 games for march fitness. Suggesting a 1st team game was a matter of time.

We got our hopes up. Only for them to be dashed again. Makes it seem worse somehow.

Guest Arcadianrocket
12 hours ago, Ma11ardMan said:

Far play to Jos for being honest, he’s obviously not happy with his superiors

It does seem this way, he walked out on Hertha Berlin early doors I think due to the owners.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We had a new contract on the table with Hirst ready to sign... then changed his mind again and asked for more...he wants the same as Hooper and a box..

Guest Arcadianrocket
5 hours ago, A12owl said:

The chairman/owner should just get out . Every day there is another crazy situation revealing itself. It was a joke a week or so ago.

Now it's an absolute train wreck. 

Words cannot describe what a ridiculous situation the chairman has created. 

I wish I could be at the steering meeting cos I love a confrontation with people who havnt got a sooby doo what they are doing. The man has got his head so far into the sand .

He is becoming more clueless by the day. 

Stubborn and arrogant. 

He is ruining OUR club. 

Fans can be so fickle.

The George Hirst situation is a mess. However, we have known about this since Carlos was here. We all knew George Hirst and SWFC were done.

Jos saying he cannot pick Hirst is more of a concern in the sense he is going against the chairman, showing what a mess we are in that even the top brass are not unite. Carlos clearly could not play Hirst either yet had the professionalism to not say anything. Jos is way too deep here hence he has said this comment. Wether it is true or not, right or wrong he should not have said anything.

The Hutchinson thing is even more worrying. We play Pessy week in week out, who is non league standard. If there is any truth in the Hutchinson thing then that would concern me.

The chairman could no wrong last two seasons, the fact that a lot of fans are willing to write him off due to bad injures, bad advise and a dispute with a 19 year old who wants to be paid before he proves himself is not on really.

George Hirst seems to come out of this argument very favourably over the chairman with some fans on here but we know that Mr Chansiri is not afraid to pay the big money wages. Could it be that young George is not being realistic in his wage demands? Young George isn’t proven yet - we cannot pay big wages on potential alone. 

I would love us to sign up George Hirst but no player is greater than the club even if his Dad was one of our greatest ever players. 

1 hour ago, AracdianDreamer said:

The chairman could no wrong last two seasons, the fact that a lot of fans are willing to write him off due to bad injures, bad advise and a dispute with a 19 year old who wants to be paid before he proves himself is not on really.

Really?

Tell that to.those that have been priced out on a matchday or had their corporate contracts torn up.

Or those that don't like the change from stripes or the change of badge.