Jos "We had problems from the beginning"

Sheffield Wednesday.jpeg

Owls manager Jos Luhukay said his side were beaten by the better team following Wednesday’s 4-0 defeat to Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

A Bobby Reid hat-trick and a goal from Josh Brownhill gave the Robins all three points to put them back into the play-off places.

Luhukay said: “Bristol deserve the credit, they played a very good game.

“We had problems from the beginning of the game, I think Bristol had a lot of quality going forward, the two strikers gave us a lot of problems.

“We lost a lot of easy balls and at half time we tried to give the players some confidence and in the second half we were better.

“We are disappointed, we came for a good result today.”

The Owls have two home games next, starting with Ipswich at Hillsborough on Tuesday night, and Luhukay wants to see an improvement in front of the home crowd.

He added: “We now have two home games and we must be much better.

“In the next few days we must give the players confidence to get a good result on Tuesday night.”

Owlstalk Shop

2 league away games in a row that he said we have been 2nd best from the start. Not confident we will see an away win under his management.

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If we go a goal down it could get very poisonous 

It might but I don't see how that will improve things. The team lacks confidence, you don't give them confidence by berating them.

Cheer them on during the game, support them, I know it's a big ask but we need points. Jos can help by playing his best team. We need points, saving players for the next match won't do it now, every game is critical until we get points on the board. I'd be happy with 1 point and a clean sheet as a first step to improving confidence. (It's got that bad).

Today he went with 4 at the back and it clearly illustrates we are short in defence. None of back 4 who started game look comfortable today. Lees did tighten things up and it will be a blessing hes back. We are short of another decent centre half. The midfield was not great today. Think Reach has gone a bit flat looks to have lostsome zest. Others were against better opponents.

I do not think there is alot thatcan be done with players at Jos disposal. We can go back to playing 5 acrossback and we will pickup some points and hope weget odd goal here and there.

Thinkhe cantake resposnibility for Pelupessy the rest are down to mess he inherited.

This was not a plumb job and will still not be in summer.

Too many players purchased who have issues or wrong age. All players signed at past their peak not a good move.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He at no point didn't take responsibility

OK, maybe he took responsibility. However, he went with 2 completely different approaches and got nothing at all in terms of points and very little in terms of any positives generally. We simply don't look like winning games, especially away.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

OK, maybe he took responsibility. However, he went with 2 completely different approaches and got nothing at all in terms of points and very little in terms of any positives generally. We simply don't look like winning games, especially away.

Yeah true

Amazingly though our home form this season is way way way worse

Owlstalk Shop