Jos "We had problems from the beginning"

Last couple of games we've lost that energy. We're no longer pressing players and forcing mistakes. Today's setup and lack of pressing is exactly what Carlos's was doing at the start of the season. 

João was back to his lazy self and not making the effort to track back and make a challenge. 

Players at the back are acting like pre programmed robots and unable to deviate from their "just pass short" code, which is causing problems because they probably have trouble passing wind on a good day.

In midfield we have good technical players and not a single one has a "get stuck in mentality", id be tempted to give semi a call at the moment.

All the above doesn't require world class players it just requires a certain mentality instilling into the players. Some just have it, others need to have it brought out of them. This is where a good manager comes in.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah true

Amazingly though our home form this season is way way way worse

Worse than the past couple of seasons? Yes obviously. Worse than our away form this season, not quite. We've 'amassed' 21 points from 17 home games and 16 from 18 away games.

6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Ipswich will be well up for this. Expect them to go all out first twenty minutes to try and rattle us. 

Could get very ill tempered if we concede early. 

Don't think it will tbh...I class myself as a angryhead boomer but I've no intention of spending money Tuesday night...the only people in the ground will be st holders who will sit in silence...apathy has set in..and that's not good

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

OK, maybe he took responsibility. However, he went with 2 completely different approaches and got nothing at all in terms of points and very little in terms of any positives generally. We simply don't look like winning games, especially away.

We're all disgruntled but I just do see any way in which the 11 players we were able to field today beat that Bristol City team, regardless of who's in charge. I'd hoped Jos would be able to get a bit more out of the team but the reality is the players available to him are for the most part very weak, mentally and technically. 

My point is, and it hurts me to make it because it should absolutely not be the case, is getting anything out of today with this team is an unrealistic expectation? Even a draw is unrealistic in my mind because we don't even have the ability to go there and keep things tight.

With each passing game, it looks increasingly like our fate will be decided by those around us and we will be nothing more than bystanders in the whole thing, it's a shocking situation by any standards.

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gypsyowl said:

If we lose next 2 he needs sacking 100% 

Then just pray for a short term fix to keep us up, Nigel Pearson would take the job 

I couldn't see Pearson taking the job if things were rosy let alone in our current predicament, on what basis do you make that claim?

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We're all disgruntled but I just do see any way in which the 11 players we were able to field today beat that Bristol City team, regardless of who's in charge. I'd hoped Jos would be able to get a bit more out of the team but the reality is the players available to him are for the most part very weak, mentally and technically. 

My point is, and it hurts me to make it because it should absolutely not be the case, is getting anything out of today with this team is an unrealistic expectation? Even a draw is unrealistic in my mind because we don't even have the ability to go there and keep things tight.

An in-form Bristol you might have a point but they had won just 1 of their last 13 including defeat to Bolton and losing points from winning positions against Leeds and Sunderland. It certainly wasn't too much to expect to make a fist of it based on that and to be out of the game by half-time is not acceptable.

I accept that Millwall might have been a more realistic game to try and win, which makes the teams selected for that game and today all the more baffling. 

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

I couldn't see Pearson taking the job if things were rosy let alone in our current predicament, on what basis do you make that claim?

We’re looking for a British coach for next season, McCarthy & Pearson are front runners I was told, chansiri probably realised we need someone experienced at this level, just what I was told anyway mate

Pearson for me if he can come in ASAP

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I have a feeling the crowd on Tuesday night may be a little on the low side. 

will  be 22-23k.which in truth is a bit crap as the last 2 home games have been cracking affairs .........anyone who came to the derby villa games cant possibly think they didn't have entertainment and value for money. 

Its a god awful situation he's come into, but listening to and watching him, I feel zero connection with this bloke.  Im sure he's a nice guy n that, and the language barriers obviously a problem, but I'm really beginning to question whether he's got the minerals to manage us in this kind of scrap. 

54 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

We’re looking for a British coach for next season, McCarthy & Pearson are front runners I was told, chansiri probably realised we need someone experienced at this level, just what I was told anyway mate

Pearson for me if he can come in ASAP

Surely its been said about 8million times on here, Pearson won't manage in Sheffield..