Bristol City game in doubt??

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

what are your thoughts mate ?  Can see why you'd get this on at any cost considering our  status but the forecast seems to have been ignored 

I know it wouldn't concern you guys but to call it off now needs to be done as early as possible re traveling fans 

Of course I can understand both view points; on and off. And obviously why it needs to be done as soon as, because some of your fans, and your team, will be travelling today. 

I’d make the call now, and say it should be off. Depending on what weather forecast you look at, it looks like lots of snow till tonight. Then freezing rain. I live about 20 Minutes from Ashton Gate, and wouldn’t walk to it now, let alone drive.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BristolCityFan said:

Of course I can understand both view points; on and off. And obviously why it needs to be done as soon as, because some of your fans, and your team, will be travelling today. 

I’d make the call now, and say it should be off. Depending on what weather forecast you look at, it looks like lots of snow till tonight. Then freezing rain. I live about 20 Minutes from Ashton Gate, and wouldn’t walk to it now, let alone drive.

thanks 

but if that's true and considering further bad weather how can they say it's on ?

seems to me they are playing fast and loose with travellers / spectators safety 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

thanks 

but if that's true and considering further bad weather how can they say it's on ?

seems to me they are playing fast and loose with travellers / spectators safety 

11am tomorrow morning it’s meant to warm up a tad. That’s surely won’t be enough time for any considerable improvement. Ashton Gate is also surrounded by hills, all bar one entrance route.

• Thanks 1

All the advice from Highways agency is don't travel unless you have to. We should take heed of this and inform Bristol we will not be travelling due to a risk assessment advice not being compliant with protecting the Health and Safety of both staff and fans.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

20 minutes ago, BristolCityFan said:

Thanks for the honesty, seems to me they have, taken this decision to ensure our team coach sets off . It gives them every chance of getting the game on IF possible, As normal away fans are just an inconvenience. Thats not a dig at Bristol, its the norm everywhere. 

11 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

All the advice from Highways agency is don't travel unless you have to. We should take heed of this and inform Bristol we will not be travelling due to a risk assessment advice not being compliant with protecting the Health and Safety of both staff and fans.

They obviously have a different SAG to us !

Just now, nethertonowl said:

Thanks for the honesty, seems to me they have, taken this decision to ensure our team coach sets off . It gives them every chance of getting the game on IF possible, As normal away fans are just an inconvenience. Thats not a dig at Bristol, its the norm everywhere. 

To be fair, city seem to be treating home fans as an inconvenience this season. 300% price rise for children season tickets next season in some areas. 

My cousin and his family live down there.

It’s very snowy at the moment but by tomorrow afternoon we’re supposed to have rain. Good luck traveling down and if you get stuck give us a call!!!!!

Edited by nk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BristolCityFan said:

To be fair, city seem to be treating home fans as an inconvenience this season. 300% price rise for children season tickets next season in some areas. 

Yeah we featured that story on here a few days ago such was the universal agreement that it's totally bonkers

lol

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

So here in Sunny Sheffield....conditions ever improving.....game v Burton called off yesterday ???????????????????????

I know puzzled me that one , are they saving it for later knowing it’s a home banker ?  Have they a couple of players out ? All a bit pig in the sky if you ask me !! 

Bristol based fan on RS now saying all roads clear and pitch is ok  - seems to be a different opinion from lads on here

scrub that he's bristols coach doubt he's on the wind up 

Edited by steelowl

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

Bristol based fan on RS now saying all roads clear and pitch is ok  - seems to be a different opinion from lads on here

scrub that he's bristols coach doubt he's on the wind up 

The immediate area around the stadium might be clear but City are already closing some car parking near the ground and this picture is pretty typical of the suburbs. The major routes are clearing due to use but that's about it.

The major routes are clearing due to use but that's about it. (taken from our forum).

IMG_0050.JPG

Edited by ciderup