Bristol City game in doubt??

image.png.4d39adccc4c971cf1d1aa878aa03f9b1.png

Not looking good, and Bristol Rovers had their game called off last night.  I imagine that there'll be loads of games called off this weekend up and down the country, not sure if Bristol City have undersoil heating but that alone may not save the game if there's travel chaos in the area.

That said, a free weekend and the chance for a rest before the Ipswich home game next Tuesday (it's forecast to be a bit warmer by then so the snow should have gone), and the possibility of some of the injured players being back for the rearranged fixture may be just what we need right now.

Edited by alanharper
typo

From a selfish point of view won't get train ticket refunded if postponed plus it would mean another mid week trek.:picnic:

A Bristol City fan has a thread going on here saying they do have undersoil heating.

Didn't the visitor from BC say they had under soil heating in another thread?  Anyway, might not be the pitch that gets the game called off, but the safety of the crowd.

Beat me to it Blue!

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Would be surprised if Bristol City don't have undersoil heating. They seem to have spent a far bit doing the ground up recently.

I suppose if it does get called off will be due to roads and pavements nearby being too unsafe for 15,000+ people.

You know how OTT they are with health and safety these days.

Had radio Sheffield on yesterday. They had someone in telling people to wrap up warm.

I bet lots were so glad of that advice as without those words of wisdom folk would have gone out in flip flops.

35 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

From a selfish point of view won't get train ticket refunded if postponed plus it would mean another mid week trek.:picnic:

A Bristol City fan has a thread going on here saying they do have undersoil heating.

You will if the trains get cancelled - fingers crossed! Or I think you can return unused tickets and get a refund less a £10 admin fee.

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Would be surprised if Bristol City don't have undersoil heating. They seem to have spent a far bit doing the ground up recently.

I suppose if it does get called off will be due to roads and pavements nearby being too unsafe for 15,000+ people.

You know how OTT they are with health and safety these days.

They do have undersoil heating