Bristol City game in doubt??

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Was going to put exactly the same thing myself.

No one is holding a gun to any ones head to travel from Sheffield to Bristol tomorrow.

Most fans who have tickets will still go anyway though even if they don't really want to, therefore unnecesarily putting themselves at risk.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Was going to put exactly the same thing myself.

No one is holding a gun to any ones head to travel from Sheffield to Bristol tomorrow.

Even if the match was against one of our neighbours, I'd think twice about travelling. Why risk it to sit in the freezing cold for 90 minutes? Some proper drama queens on here. If the shoe was on the other foot we wouldn't give a monkey's about the Bristol fans having to travel.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Most fans who have tickets will still go anyway though even if they don't really want to, therefore unnecesarily putting themselves at risk.

Then they're idiots.

14 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Putting Wednesday fans' lives in danger so they can take advantage of our decimated squad. 

Bravo. 

no question in my mind they would try their utmost   - tbf we would 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Kivo's right though

Bristol City know that this game seems to be the exact time to be playing Sheffield Wednesday to reignite their season and it could mean the difference between playoff place or not

They'll do whatever they can to get this game on that's for sure - and not just to make sure the game goes ahead, but because they're sniffing three points

I bet if it was Wolves they were playing or Villa that it'd have been called off by now 'on police advice'

I guess you'll see conspiracy theories on all club forums! 

Fact is that there are two games at AG this weekend. Bristol Rugby are playing on Sunday. Therefore it was in the interest of the club to ensure that A&S police were happy with access around AG. That means ensuring clear roads and for health and safely regulations also mean that pathways around AG are also passable. A great deal of effort has gone in to clearing snow off the many footpaths.

Frankly I'm surprised that the club have made this announcement so early. More snow is forcast in the next 12hrs.

1 minute ago, Alan Robinson said:

Frankly I'm surprised that the club have made this announcement so early. More snow is forcast in the next 12hrs.

Absolutely

I guess at this stage the game is ON but the incoming snow could change that situation

Annoying though especially for those who are buying train tickets and hotels

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolutely

I guess at this stage the game is ON but the incoming snow could change that situation

Annoying though especially for those who are buying train tickets and hotels

It's actually snowing right now. I'm watching it fall from my lounge window and I live just 8 miles south of AG

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

League Cup Semi 2nd leg v Man U 93-94 season we postponed game on basis that travel conditions were too difficult for Manchester fans to negotiate, I'm sure. Can anyone confirm ?

I am 99% certain this is what happened.

Lost the rearranged game 4-1.

15 minutes ago, bradowl said:

If a club wants to get a game on they'll make the effort to make it happen....

Now them lot across town definitely don't want to play tomorrow because they want to concentrate on the more difficult game at Fulham next Tuesday. 

Did the club or Police call this off?

Strange to call it off so early, Rotherham called there's off even earlier ?

Just now, richowl said:

The game Tuesday is currently in major doubt I'm told .

Why? All main roads are clear, get some grit down around the ground like they have at the northern general areas. Doesn't even look like it's snowed around there