Bristol City game in doubt??

Unless they are getting hammered with snow today I can't see why it will be off. 

The posts on their twitter today certainly make out it will be on.

Edited by nk

1 hour ago, nk said:

Unless they are getting hammered with snow today I can't see why it will be off. 

The posts on their twitter today certainly make out it will be on.

They have been hammered with snow last night and today I’m working from home and my office is 10 miles from Bristol and no one is in I would be very reluctant to travel.

2 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

Can't imagine it will be on if its anything like we have in South Wales this morning. Big snow drifts everywhere and now its freezing. Won't melt for Saturday.

I will be shocked if it's on. More heavy snow forecast heading up from the south today 

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Surely they need to make an official announcement imminently, presumably the team will be due to travel down this afternoon and looking at the forecast there's another swathe of snow covering the area for this afternoon.

It's ON currently 

Only way it will be called off now is if any adverse weather arrives and impacts something to the point of it being off

PS - I reckon Bristol City are DESPERATE to play us this weekend and will do everything in their power (whilst keeping everyone safe) to make it happen

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's ON currently 

Only way it will be called off now is if any adverse weather arrives and impacts something to the point of it being off

PS - I reckon Bristol City are DESPERATE to play us this weekend and will do everything in their power (whilst keeping everyone safe) to make it happen

yes agreed   the pitch they can control  but the safety of spectators surrounding the ground  might be harder

16 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I will be shocked if it's on. More heavy snow forecast heading up from the south today 

They don't care, pitch ok , no away fans, injuries for us, easy 3 points while they can get em.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Thats what I mean by they'll do everything in their power whilst keeping fans safe

suppose what's the price of an easy 3 points   If I was them I'd employ an army of people to clear the area 

Without a doubt they're desperate to get the game on and play us whilst we're struggling, even if it means not giving a damn about our fans having to travel down there, they've already got our money so if loads can't make it they don't care. If it's postponed then a fair number will have to return their tickets due to not being able to make it midweek.  The pitch is fine of course, but they shouldn't play it when there's a risk to travelling fans.

Meanwhile, across the city, Sheffield United call off their game 2 days in advance despite roads being clear, public transport mostly running normally, relatively local opponents and no more significant snow forecast. It's almost as if they've got a big game on Tuesday to rest up for...

1 minute ago, alanharper said:
Without a doubt they're desperate to get the game on and play us whilst we're struggling, even if it means not giving a damn about our fans having to travel down there, they've already got our money so if loads can't make it they don't care. If it's postponed then a fair number will have to return their tickets due to not being able to make it midweek.  The pitch is fine of course, but they shouldn't play it when there's a risk to travelling fans.

Meanwhile, across the city, Sheffield United call off their game 2 days in advance despite roads being clear, public transport mostly running normally, relatively local opponents and no more significant snow forecast. It's almost as if they've got a big game on Tuesday to rest up for...

tsk cynic

• Thanks 1