Few things we learnt tonight

Jos got his tactics completely, and i mean completely, wrong tonight. We were beaten by a side we would not have lost to had we had anything going forward.

I am quite frankly appalled that we lined up the way we did against Miwaw at their place. Atrocious.

In other news.... (and i will get slated for some of this)

1. Stobbs was particularly lightweight today. Poor passing, poor decision making, let's hope he improves.

2. Pelupessy is a very astute signing. As he acclimatises and becomes more in tune with the league he is turning in more and more composed and effective performances. I'm a fan.

3. Pudil, Venancio and Thorniley should be our current first choice three at the back: not Loovens.

4. Boyd offers next to nothing out wide. He runs a lot and provides cover to Fox but beyond that is impotent when attacking.

5. Fox is rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Jos got his tactics completely, and i mean completely, wrong tonight. We were beaten by a side we would not have lost to had we had anything going forward.

I am quite frankly appalled that we lined up the way we did against Miwaw at their place. Atrocious.

In other news.... (and i will get slated for some of this)

1. Stobbs was particularly lightweight today. Poor passing, poor decision making, let's hope he improves.

2. Pelupessy is a very astute signing. As he acclimatises and becomes more in tune with the league he is turning in more and more composed and effective performances. I'm a fan.

3. Pudil, Venancio and Thorniley should be our current first choice three at the back: not Loovens.

4. Boyd offers next to nothing out wide. He runs a lot and provides cover to Fox but beyond that is impotent when attacking.

5. Fox is rubbish.

Agree with most of that other than it will be lees now he’s fit on saturday

Saturday

Completely baffling to play no strikers at all with Nuhiu and Joao available, especially as Joao didn’t play barely any minutes at the weekend. Also the constant attempts to play out from the back was suicidal with the combination of Loovens and their strikers pressing high, never going to work against a side like Millwall that’s just naivety from Jos. 

Need to see a huge improvement to even compete with Villa Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Dynamic midfield of Pelupessy, Jones and Butterfield. Wallace up top with Stobbs and Boyd supporting.

Stuff nightmares are made of...

My god, that lineup looks more bizarre every time I read it. I'm pretty sure he selected tonight's team by pulling names out of a tombola drum.

20 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

We learnt that after the Derby win; there were far to many premature self-congratulatory BJs being dished out on here.

if that’s the case can we agree that there’s too man premature doom and gloomer’s considering we’ve narrowly lost with a rested team?

2 minutes ago, AyrshireOwl said:

if that’s the case can we agree that there’s too man premature doom and gloomer’s considering we’ve narrowly lost with a rested team?

No because the point is why were we resting players like Joao? It makes no logical sense. Why did Fox feature again when even a blind man can see he's garbage?

1 minute ago, AyrshireOwl said:

Too many going OTT. We were told Jos was an ultra defensive manager. This was confirmed with the Reading line up.

Not sure why people are so surprised.

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I’m just confused ! Don’t even think I could try to understand his thinking. 

For me we play our best side as often as we can... at the moment that is 

Venancio Pudil Thornley 

Hunt Pelupessy Reach Boyd

Clare

Nuhiu Joao.

Don't be daft. That would be too easy.