Well Done Atdhe

3 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Really ? He’s a striker , he is there to score goals , he never looked close to scoring what do you see in him because I don’t see it . 

No I can’t I don’t see him scoring goals and isn’t that what he’s there for ?? 

With him scoring so many just lately , surely he must have a hatful this season by now !! 

If you're really simplistic enough to believe that a striker's only responsibility is to score goals himself (it's far more than that, but that's another matter), then can you examine the list below and tell me quite why you're so bitter about him because on your terms you should either be kissing his behind or reserving your sneering for someone else.

MINUTES PER GOAL 2017/8

Winnall       136

Nuhiu         159

Joao           183

Hooper       184

Matias        190

Rhodes       244

Fletcher      382

Forestieri    (0 goals in 99 minutes)

Edited by DJMortimer

No I can’t I don’t see him scoring goals and isn’t that what he’s there for ?? 

I can, He has been a totally different animal of late, pressing more WITH the ball rather than just taking players out of the game; without it  He embarrassed their defenders with that turn.

Really ? He’s a striker , he is there to score goals , he never looked close to scoring what do you see in him because I don’t see it . 

You obviously don’t know a great deal about football if you think strikers (actually he’s a centre-forward) are there to only score goals. 

2 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Great team effort today, and can’t deny Atdhe did his bit, but let’s be honest he’s a poor player! No problem with him starting games right now given injuries, but shouldn’t fool ourselves by thinking he has a part to play if ambitions for next season are to push for play-offs.

Wow!!!

2 hours ago, Guesswhosback said:

Didn’t see him do anything couldn’t hit a barn door. 

Double wow!!!

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If you're really simplistic enough to believe that a striker's only responsibility is to score goals himself (it's far more than that, but that's another matter), then can you examine the list below and tell me quite why you're so bitter about him because on your terms you should either be kissing his behind or reserving your sneering for someone else.

MINUTES PER GOAL 2017/8

Winnall       136

Nuhiu         159

Joao           183

Hooper       184

Matias        190

Rhodes       244

Fletcher      382

Forestieri    (0 goals in 99 minutes)

So according to your chart Nuhiu is better than Hooper ? I know who I prefer, like I have mentioned , stats mean nothing to me I say it how I see it and I don’t see the sense in minutes per goals or Big Dave getting the full 90 odd minutes . 

Well done again Atdhe. Great contribution to the team effort.

Also after the match today. Top lad.

The wife and friend walking up the bottom end of

Fitzwilliam St
with their Wednesday scarves. Cars stopped at traffic lights – car window rolls down and a big thumbs up from the big man himself. Made their day

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

You obviously don’t know a great deal about football if you think strikers (actually he’s a centre-forward) are there to only score goals. 

Wow!!!

Double wow!!!

Haha that’s your opinion , I don’t agree with you I think I know enough about football to form an opinion , Strikers , centre forwards are they different what about a forward what’s that role ? 

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So according to your chart Nuhiu is better than Hooper ? I know who I prefer, like I have mentioned , stats mean nothing to me I say it how I see it and I don’t see the sense in minutes per goals or Big Dave getting the full 90 odd minutes . 

You were the one banging on about him being there to score goals. So I used that chart to demonstrate that if that were the case you ought to be praising him as the only bloke with a better strike rate than him had done it with 1 goal in just 3 appearances. Like it or not, Nuhiu has proved more likely to get us a goal than just about anyone else. Do I think that makes him a better player than Hooper? Of course not.

I've gone on for years about striking being much more complicated than looking at numbers on a page. But there's no reason you should know that. So just in case, I stated it explicitly in my reply.

You just sound like someone who has made his mind up and is now too lacking in humility to acknowledge that Nuhiu has been playing well lately.

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I have no beef. Whether You, I or the next person like him or not; only a blind man could deny he played well. 

Well I do wear glasses from Specsavers , I think I base my opinion watching him for years , the bizarre fact with Nuhiu is for someone so tall he is far better with the ball at his feet than in the air , am I wrong? .I think the times I have groaned at another miss when he should have scored have worn my optimism and enthusiasm for the big un !!. Do you think we will gain promotion to the Premiership relying on him , you must do , I don’t . 

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

You were the one banging on about him being there to score goals. So I used that chart to demonstrate that if that were the case you ought to be praising him as the only bloke with a better strike rate than him had done it with 1 goal in just 3 appearances. Like it or not, Nuhiu has proved more likely to get us a goal than just about anyone else. Do I think that makes him a better player than Hooper? Of course not.

I've gone on for years about striking being much more complicated than looking at numbers on a page. But there's no reason you should know that. So just in case, I stated it explicitly in my reply.

You just sound like someone who has made his mind up and is now too lacking in humility to acknowledge that Nuhiu has been playing well lately.

My opinion is based on years of watching him play .

4 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Not good enough or me , he is actually too flash with his fancy stuff that never gets him anywhere , funny how we see things differently isn’t it , play him and forget about promotion imo

Most stupid comment on here . He’s got a fantastic attitude and is brilliant next to a pacy player (joao or Matias being examples ) give  me adthe over 40k cart horse fletcher any day . Needs a new deal . Shouldn’t be a 40 game starter but worth his place In the squad 

Anyone who can't see the shift he put in today should stop attending football matches. 

We all know his limitations and no, long-term, he isn't the answer - but for now, he's doing a good job and fully merits his place in the squad.