Well Done Atdhe

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

My opinion is based on years of watching him play .

That's fine. There's no denying he can be frustrating. But he's having the best spell of his career right now and it's a shame people are still judging him on what was happening two or three years ago and can't bring themselves to at least pause with the criticism for a while. 

You repeated at least three times that he was there to score goals and wasn't doing so. There are plenty of opinions to be had about football, teams and players but it simply cannot be argued that this particular observation, at least for the last couple of months, is utterly wrong.

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well I do wear glasses from Specsavers , I think I base my opinion watching him for years , the bizarre fact with Nuhiu is for someone so tall he is far better with the ball at his feet than in the air , am I wrong? .I think the times I have groaned at another miss when he should have scored have worn my optimism and enthusiasm for the big un !!. Do you think we will gain promotion to the Premiership relying on him , you must do , I don’t . 

I think he deserves the chance to show what he can do under our new manager.  He’s doing well now and long may it last - if he keeps it up then we’d be foolish to let him leave. If he can’t keep up his form then there is an argument to let him go. 

And yes, I do agree with you, Nuhiu is better with the ball at his feet but that doesn’t mean he can’t play the target man role - he’s brilliant at doing that. 

Always liked nuhius work ethic, attitude and ability to draw two defenders everywhere with him.

when he played with Stevie may they would run through walls although neither could score in a knocking shop.

one of several good performances today.

Enjoyed Reach’s Megnuts and Big Daves worldy turn.

Cam’s had a blinding game. Good day.

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Most stupid comment on here . He’s got a fantastic attitude and is brilliant next to a pacy player (joao or Matias being examples ) give  me adthe over 40k cart horse fletcher any day . Needs a new deal . Shouldn’t be a 40 game starter but worth his place In the squad 

Most stupid comment !!! , is it anger that makes you say such things ? So he’s brilliant but shouldn’t play 40 games !! What does that mean ? Whoever keeps him out must be world class then !!. 

Thought he made a good contribution today in difficult circumstances. Definitely shook up Swansea's defence in the early parts of the game.

As a lone striker he lacked support and coming back for the ball as much as he did, did little for our attacks

Generally, he plays a bit too deep for me and that means we lose him in his attacking role.

And the Cruyff turn.....the Swansea defender should be completely embarrassed by being beaten by the slowest ever version of this particular skill.

26 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

And with that turn what happened next ? 

He missed the target very narrowly however if he keeps improving in the way he has, he will bury lots of similar chances.  The fact is, six months ago he probably wouldn't have created such a superb opportunity.  Very close to being the most improved Wednesday player under Jos, who knows how much better he can get

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That's fine. There's no denying he can be frustrating. But he's having the best spell of his career right now and it's a shame people are still judging him on what was happening two or three years ago and can't bring themselves to at least pause with the criticism for a while. 

You repeated at least three times that he was there to score goals and wasn't doing so. There are plenty of opinions to be had about football, teams and players but it simply cannot be argued that this particular observation, at least for the last couple of months, is utterly wrong.

I have many other reasons for my opinion , I am in no way saying he doesn’t have his uses at the moment , we need a centre forward , striker, target man  or whatever he is who can offer a greater goal  threat going forward . In my opinion of course . 

4 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

He missed the target very narrowly however if he keeps improving in the way he has, he will bury lots of similar chances.  The fact is, six months ago he probably wouldn't have created such a superb opportunity.  Very close to being the most improved Wednesday player under Jos, who knows how much better he can get

Ok hope you are right , I’m done arguing 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think he deserves the chance to show what he can do under our new manager.  He’s doing well now and long may it last - if he keeps it up then we’d be foolish to let him leave. If he can’t keep up his form then there is an argument to let him go. 

And yes, I do agree with you, Nuhiu is better with the ball at his feet but that doesn’t mean he can’t play the target man role - he’s brilliant at doing that. 

Every player should be allowed to show Jos his worth and I’m sure they all will it’s up to him who he thinks can help us get back up the league table and mount a push for promotion next season . I just feel we need more pace in attack and at the moment we don’t have enough . 

The over rating of Nuhiu on here gets worse. Should have been hooked off in second half as we were under constant pressure. Defence was knackered as it kept coming back. Played far too deep and when he actually does keep posession it's to play it back to our defenders.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You mean like link-up play? 

Did you get out the pub yet with all your mental mates? 

What part of too deep did you not understand.
When Hooper and Rhodes link up play they bring midfielders and attacking players in to play.

Nuhiu plays it back to defenders he's that deep.Then he leaves his strike partner isolated.

Might as well bring Carlos back .

I like to watch our players from the oppositions perspective and a lot of the time I see them panicking when confronted with nuihu.  This has been especially so during his last few games. I bet the opposition fans have a higher opinion of him than many of ours.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
21 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

If he had Ronaldo's pace and Michael Owen's finishing - he'd be worth £100m. 

But he hasn't. 

Fortunate then that he has other assets.

Now im not Nuhiu’s biggest fan but i will say he has improved hell of a lot since CC left,But was back to being poor against Barnsley,but played better today,but don’t think he was helped with wallace playing in the floating role today,he was too far away from Nuhiu and left him on his own too much,wallace was very poor and should have been hooked for joao before 60 minutes never mind 80mins and gone for it earlier 

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Most stupid comment !!! , is it anger that makes you say such things ? So he’s brilliant but shouldn’t play 40 games !! What does that mean ? Whoever keeps him out must be world class then !!. 

He is fantastic In certain games . Him and joao today would have won that game IMO , though I get the reluctance to play joao from the start. 

Again , I bet you were a semedo lover ( a player who offered jack poo) yet dislike adthe strongly 

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

If he had Ronaldo's pace and Michael Owen's finishing - he'd be worth £100m. 

But he hasn't. 

Too true Kivo but if he had he wouldn't be playing for us in the Championship:biggrin:

FWIW I think he should be given another year. He gives us something different. It's like Heskey innit. Wasn't prolific but strikers who played with him loved the problems he gave defenders thus giving them better chance of scoring. Also he's All Wednesday Aren't We...