Well Done Atdhe

Nuhiu divides many.

He divides me with my own opinions on him from week to week, and for me that is the issue.

We have what we have for this season and so it's open season for any striker at the club to make a stake for his continued employment at this club next season.

Bring it on - winner takes all.   

28 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He is fantastic In certain games . Him and joao today would have won that game IMO , though I get the reluctance to play joao from the start. 

Again , I bet you were a semedo lover ( a player who offered jack poo) yet dislike adthe strongly 

Semedo lover Haha now are know you are winding me up 

44 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He is fantastic In certain games . Him and joao today would have won that game IMO , though I get the reluctance to play joao from the start. 

Again , I bet you were a semedo lover ( a player who offered jack poo) yet dislike adthe strongly 

Really? Fantastic? I think you are getting a little carried away with that assessment :biggrin: He's an honest trier but that is all - probably much the same as Semedo.

Most of Nuhiu's goals have been in the cup against very inferior opposition. As for his "improvement" and so called great play under the "revival" under Jos.....we've struggled to score in most of them!

yes I'll agree he had a good game today but it sums him up when even on one of his better days he carried no goal threat at all

Edited by Ian

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

Most of Nuhiu's goals have been in the cup against very inferior opposition. As for his "improvement" and so called great play under the "revival" under Jos.....we've struggled to score in most of them!

yes I'll agree he had a good game today but it sums him up when even on one of his better days he carried no goal threat at all

4 goals in 4 games. No goal threat! 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Thought he did really well today. I voted for him as MOM.

Pudil, Reach and Dawson were really, really good but it’s a thankless task playing that role...just look how effective Abraham was.

Great team performance. Happy with that

So did I Mr R. Thought Pudil and Reach also deserved a look in though. 

23 minutes ago, Ian said:

You don't half talk some twaddle about Nuhiu. He's scored precisely 3 goals against "very inferior opposition" in the cup in his entire time here (Notts County, Oxford and Carlisle). Would his goal at the Etihad Stadium qualify in that category as well?

His record under Luhukay is 5+4 appearances, 4 goals and 2 assists. For the moment he has utterly destroyed the accepted wisdom of the rabid mob preaching the 'fact' that he cannot be a goal threat. And still he can't get any credit from some who are too lacking in humility to at least give it a rest for a while.

But such is the consistently rabid mania of your opinions on the subject, I suspect many posters have written you off as something of a flat-earther.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

You don't half talk some twaddle about Nuhiu. He's scored precisely 3 goals against "very inferior opposition" in the cup in his entire time here (Notts County, Oxford and Carlisle). Would his goal at the Etihad Stadium qualify in that category as well?

His record under Luhukay is 5+4 appearances, 4 goals and 2 assists. For the moment he has utterly destroyed the accepted wisdom of the rabid mob preaching the 'fact' that he cannot be a goal threat. And still he can't get any credit from some who are too lacking in humility to at least give it a rest for a while.

But such is the consistently rabid mania of your opinions on the subject, I suspect many posters have written you off as something of a flat-earther.

Was wondering how long it would take you to appear with your twisted stats.....you start off quoting him stats about "his entire career here" before moving on to hi son last 9 games.....but the fact is he didn't carry a goal threat yesterday and generally doesn't.....he's had his mini purpose patch for this season (he normally has 1 per season) in which, of those 4 goals, 3 have been against vastly inferior opposition (whether you like it or not) and the other was a dire penalty which the keeper had the good grace to dive out of the way of.

and he still can't run faster than me!

and you seem to have chosen to ignore my comment "he had a good game today" when embarking on your rant at anyone who dares to have an opinion that Nuhiu will not be the next Barca galactico

Edited by Ian

20 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

No I can’t I don’t see him scoring goals and isn’t that what he’s there for ?? 

I can't answer that but I'm sure Jos can. So it doesn't really count when he's taking 2/3 players to try and get the ball off him leaving space for others to take advantage. No your right, it doesnt matter does it. You really should be highlighting that fact than you will never being able to accept him as Wednesday player. Is your mate called Ian by the way.

I think yesterday proved that Atdhe is a much better player than some give him credit for. 

And he has a heart like a lion.

Gives the club his all everytime he steps onto the pitch. You can’t ask for more. 

Deserves better than to be slagged off that is for sure. 

Once again, well done Atdhe.

I have never been a fan except I always believed he was whole hearted in his efforts. Yesterday he played exceptionally well and those that have made adverse comments on him could not have seen yesterdays performance which was very good by anystandards. His hold up of the ball and bringing others into play was as good as it gets and ajj of Swanseas defenders could not cope with him. He showed more style and ability yesterday than I have seen previously. Jos appears to be able to give anyone confidenceand bring out the best in most. Jones had another solid game and Butterfield also had a good game. It is amazing how many seem to be hitting a new level of form.

Think fitness has something to do with this nuhiu is a as fit as ever seen him and has certainly changed shape in last 6 weeks. I think there is a lot to be said about only playing individuals when 100% it has resulted in individuals such as Wallace having a more consistent level of performance.

With the resting of players it means we can put out  a refreshed team on Tuesday and hopefully get our first away win under Jos.

16 hours ago, Ian said:

Was wondering how long it would take you to appear with your twisted stats.....you start off quoting him stats about "his entire career here"

I did that because you lied about him only scoring against "vastly inferior opposition in cup games". In his entire time here he has scored 3 goals against teams from lower divisions. Nothing twisted about untwisting utter falsehoods.

16 hours ago, Ian said:

...before moving on to hi son last 9 games

It is kind of relevant that he has been involved in more goals than the rest of the squad put together since Luhukay arrived, especially as you said that we'd struggled to score in that time, thus inferring that he was a large reason for that. Well, it seems to me that with 4 goals and 2 assists in 5+4 appearances he is more than doing his share, so to be still singled out even when he is doing the very thing his critics say he can't do only demonstrates how stubborn and unfair they are. In all likelihood, that rate of production won't last, so at least have the good grace to wait until he isn't scoring again before going off.

16 hours ago, Ian said:

...of those 4 goals, 3 have been against vastly inferior opposition (whether you like it or not) and the other was a dire penalty which the keeper had the good grace to dive out of the way of.

Carlisle are indeed one of the 3 lower division opponents he's scored against for Wednesday. But how are Reading, who were precisely 1 point behind us in the league at the time, reasonably described as "vastly inferior opposition"? And you mindlessly trot out the cliche that my stats are twisted !?

16 hours ago, Ian said:

...your rant at anyone who dares to have an opinion that Nuhiu will not be the next Barca galactico

That kind of binary argument only demonstrates a lack of sophistication and maturity in the person making it. Believe it or not, there are more than just two polarised views one can hold about any given subject. Because I don't agree with those who portray Nuhiu as little better than a pub player does not mean I believe he is comparable with Lionel Messi. Even in our squad (when fully fit) he only represents a useful squad player who brings something that other options we have cannot. 

Edited by DJMortimer

6 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Carlisle are indeed one of the 3 lower division opponents he's scored against for Wednesday. But how are Reading, who were precisely 1 point behind us in the league at the time, reasonably described as "vastly inferior opposition"? And you mindlessly trot out the cliche that my stats are twisted !?

If you don't think Reading are vastly inferior opposition then I can see why you think Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca et al are queuing up to sign Nuhiu

On 17/02/2018 at 23:56, shandypants said:

4 goals in 4 games. No goal threat! 

I recall a quality finish away in the cup a few years ago against one of those inferior clubs. Who were they now? Oh yes, I remember: Manchester City. Like I've said on here before, if more gifted players only had his attitude and commitment, we'd probably be in the Premier league.