Well Done Atdhe

19 hours ago, CLswfc said:

I can't answer that but I'm sure Jos can. So it doesn't really count when he's taking 2/3 players to try and get the ball off him leaving space for others to take advantage. No your right, it doesnt matter does it. You really should be highlighting that fact than you will never being able to accept him as Wednesday player. Is your mate called Ian by the way.

I don’t have any friends called Ian  Why ? 

On 17/02/2018 at 18:06, theowlsman said:

I see a lot of detractors who know nowt about football. 

I know nothing about football , ok and you do then , just because I don’t rate him I don’t know anything about football because you don’t agree , priceless . I think you talk a lot of sense and enjoy your posts but boy you are scraping the barrel saying I know nowt about football . Under Carlos Nuhiu was surplus he didn’t suit our style of play am I wrong ? So now Jos plays a different system and has different man management qualities and this is suiting Big Dave and he is playing slightly better than he has in the last 2-3 years . I do not see us going up with him as our main striker all the same and this is what I’ve been trying to say . 

17 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I know nothing about football , ok and you do then , just because I don’t rate him I don’t know anything about football because you don’t agree , priceless . I think you talk a lot of sense and enjoy your posts but boy you are scraping the barrel saying I know nowt about football . Under Carlos Nuhiu was surplus he didn’t suit our style of play am I wrong ? So now Jos plays a different system and has different man management qualities and this is suiting Big Dave and he is playing slightly better than he has in the last 2-3 years . I do not see us going up with him as our main striker all the same and this is what I’ve been trying to say . 

Ha got you mixed up with @owlstalk haven’t I , must be my age , sorry .

Love Nuhiu's attitude and commitment to the cause - he's second to none in that aspect.

He's also played well since Jos bought him into the team and does a certain kind of job that no-one else, probably in the division, does.

However, he doesn't possess the required quality and attributes as a striker for a team looking to win promotion - and that is why he's a bit part player for us and making an appearance under certain circumstances. It could be argued that some of our more expensive strikers aren't doing what's required at present, and that's right, but they have previously proven their qualities and a change of management/system/style might just get their confidence back and start doing what they get paid a lot of money to do.

All in all, I'd keep Nuhiu - if he's happy to re-sign knowing he's going to be used sparingly and on a needs must basis.

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Love Nuhiu's attitude and commitment to the cause - he's second to none in that aspect.

He's also played well since Jos bought him into the team and does a certain kind of job that no-one else, probably in the division, does.

However, he doesn't possess the required quality and attributes as a striker for a team looking to win promotion - and that is why he's a bit part player for us and making an appearance under certain circumstances. It could be argued that some of our more expensive strikers aren't doing what's required at present, and that's right, but they have previously proven their qualities and a change of management/system/style might just get their confidence back and start doing what they get paid a lot of money to do.

All in all, I'd keep Nuhiu - if he's happy to re-sign knowing he's going to be used sparingly and on a needs must basis.

As you say he has attributes which offer something different to the team. A manager aiming for promotion needs 4/5 strikers and sometimes a different option, or plan B, to turn to in certain games. 

I would also offer him an extended contract.

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Carlisle are indeed one of the 3 lower division opponents he's scored against for Wednesday. But how are Reading, who were precisely 1 point behind us in the league at the time, reasonably described as "vastly inferior opposition"? And you mindlessly trot out the cliche that my stats are twisted !?

To be 100% fair here, Reading did field a somewhat weakened team against us in the cup - a team probably on par with Carlisle!