Rhodes - here's something we've not seen for a while..

38 minutes ago, swfctc1 said:

Put a proper shift in , worked his nads off & made room for his partner to play and score 

As far as I'm concerned, scoring goals is a team effort, just like keeping them out at the other end. Sometimes a striker has played his part if he's paved the way for someone else to get the glory. If this is a sign that Rhodes is ready to step up and contribute we could be in the unlikely position of having some positive options up front even though our top three at the start of the season are all out injured.

37 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

His best performance for us, hungry and found an extra yard of pace 

Hey, steady on. I was more impressed than usual with him tonight. I thought he put a real shift in, made some great touches and I was delighted he got to hear the affection of the crowd. I'm hoping that'll do him the world of good. But to praise him for his PACE????? He must be the only striker in the league who can be outpaced by both Keogh and Davies (combined age 364). 

2 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Hey, steady on. I was more impressed than usual with him tonight. I thought he put a real shift in, made some great touches and I was delighted he got to hear the affection of the crowd. I'm hoping that'll do him the world of good. But to praise him for his PACE????? He must be the only striker in the league who can be outpaced by both Keogh and Davies (combined age 364). 

I said he found an extra yard not saying he was lightening quick

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

I said he found an extra yard not saying he was lightening quick

Blimey how slow was he before he found it?

I'm not a Rhodes hater, cause I'd love to see him scoring goals again but, honestly, he must be the slowest striker I've ever seen. That doesn't mean he can't be a terrific player: Hooper and Ross Macormack are almost as slow and most of the Derby team tonight seemed short on pace. Slow players can bring other qualities.

2 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Blimey how slow was he before he found it?

I'm not a Rhodes hater, cause I'd love to see him scoring goals again but, honestly, he must be the slowest striker I've ever seen. 

Did you ever see Andy Booth? Looked like the space shuttle launch vehicle trying to get up Shirecliffe Road.

He like everyone who played in Blue and (a bit of) white, put in a great shift for the team tonight.

Nice to see such commitment and the desire to actually run with the ball or pass towards our opponents goal, rather than back towards our own.

The effort of every player was superb to see both when we had the ball and as importantly when closing down "the opposites" (sorry thinking about Saturdays post match interview already) when they had possession.

Let's hope we show such desire and will to play more frequently. UTO!

He worked hard, but he has lost his spark I’m afraid to say.

Crowd were great with him tonight - it’s desperation when we sing his name after he closes a defender down but still doesn’t come out with the ball - we were so happy that he did something.

No doubt he put a shift in but got to expect more formour money