Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Official match day thread.

I will take that and don't understand the moaning.

To use a cricketing analogy, when you're 5 down for a handful of runs, you're job walking out to the middle is to be a stubborn bleeder and play straight bat. Jos came in and we were on the ropes with injuries piling up and shipping 3 goals at home to Burton. He's made us difficult to beat. Build a solid base to improve from.

Yeah I'd like more goals, but right now the main thing is we seemed to have massively tightened up and aren't conceding. When more players return to fitness then I'm sure we'll see greater attacking threat.

4 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Well at least we've broken a club record tonight. Never have we drawn 0-0 in three consecutive away league games. We are solid at the back but can't half do with a bit of guile in the final third.

New gaffer making the wrong things right and addressing all else later.   Can't really fault that.

Whilst we are so low on numbers, this isn't a bad start at all and it is giving the entire squad food for thought by picking players like Thornily in front of seasoned pro's who are fit and able to play.

The line up suggested we would take a point and we've got one. Lack of goals is a concern but first things first we have to make ourselves hard to beat first and foremost and it looks like we're someway to achieving this. The next two games are games we have to attack more but it's getting that balance between defence and attack which is very hard at the best of times.

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Good point ,and another clean sheet. 

Thats only 1 goal conceded in 5 games since Jos came in. 

...and the one we did concede was a flukey own goal.

Looking tough to break down, just need to get a smattering of attacking players back and we can start going on the offensive.