Barnsley vs Sheffield Wednesday - Ticket Information and prices

Barnsley Sheffield Wednesday.jpeg

The Owls travel to Barnsley on Saturday 10 February (12.15pm) in the Sky Bet Championship and ticket details are as follows:

SWFC have an allocation of 4,069 for this all-ticket fixture.

Adults: £36 
Over 65 & 17-21: £24
Under 17: £10 
Under 12: £5

There are 18 wheelchair spaces which are priced as above with a carer free of charge.

Inter City Owl - departs at 10.45am and prices are as follows:

Adults: £12
Children: £11

Tickets Sales details:

Wednesday 24 January (9.00am): Season Ticket holders with 590 or more TPP
Wednesday 24 January (2.00pm): Season Ticket holders with 560 or more TPP
Thursday 25 January (9.00am): Season Ticket holders with 530 or more TPP
Thursday 25 January (2.00pm): Season Ticket holders with 500 or more TPP
Friday 26 January (9.00am): Season Ticket holders with 460 or more TPP
Friday 26 January (2.00pm): Season Ticket holders
Monday 29 January (9.00am): Members and Owls Foundation Members with 50 or more TPP
Monday 29 January (2.00pm): Members and Owls Foundation Members
Tuesday 30 January (9.00am): General sale

Please note that sale dates are subject to availability.

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Ticket Office, Sheffield Wednesday Online Shop or by telephone on 03700 201867 (option 1) (£2 booking fee per ticket).

Supporters who attend this game and purchase in advance will receive ten Ticket Priority Points.

Owlstalk Shop

£36. At Oakwell  WTF:

I like the way they've created a special A* ticket category just for us, it was the same last year - even Leeds was a category A with tickets at £30.  I paid it last year, but I'm struggling to muster up much enthusiasm for paying that this year to watch 19th vs 17th...

18 minutes ago, Watto said:

£36 , I assume there fans will have to pay the same then? 

Yes they will. So if having this one off category for Wednesday is a bit of *** for tat because that's what we charged their fans at Hillsborough, their solution to us ripping off their fans is to...rip off their own fans. Again.

They know that Wednesday will probably sell out regardless, but charging an extra £6 per head for 4k fans is only going to make them around an extra £15-20k once the concessions have been taken into account and before tax. Peanuts for their zillionaire Chinese overlords (who don't appear to have actually spent anything yet)

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Can’t blame anyone for replicating our rip off charges , it’s quite clear we overcharge fans by a long shot , could stomach it if we were up at the top playing exciting attacking football but we ain’t. Disappointed with paying £36 but we started it . 

F... em I'm not paying it 

:carlos:

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Can’t blame anyone for replicating our rip off charges , it’s quite clear we overcharge fans by a long shot , could stomach it if we were up at the top playing exciting attacking football but we ain’t. Disappointed with paying £36 but we started it . 

I agree, our pricing is stupid, but Barnsley seem to be the only club replicating the excessive price to our fans (we've been overpaying for years whenever there's a categorised pricing structure because clubs always put us in the top bracket as they know we'll still turn up in numbers). And in "getting their own back" on us, Barnsley are just forcing their own supporters to overpay to see us for the second time this season!

The argument about lower travel costs could be used so overall it'll be priced similarly to other awaydays, but that shouldn't make the ticket price acceptable - it's not as if they're a big game despite their location, I don't see Barnsley as a more attractive game than the likes of Bolton or Ipswich.

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I agree, our pricing is stupid, but Barnsley seem to be the only club replicating the excessive price to our fans (we've been overpaying for years whenever there's a categorised pricing structure because clubs always put us in the top bracket as they know we'll still turn up in numbers). And in "getting their own back" on us, Barnsley are just forcing their own supporters to overpay to see us for the second time this season!

The argument about lower travel costs could be used so overall it'll be priced similarly to other awaydays, but that shouldn't make the ticket price acceptable - it's not as if they're a big game despite their location, I don't see Barnsley as a more attractive game than the likes of Bolton or Ipswich.

it's no wonder the dingles arnt keen on us ,ripped off at Hillsboro and then ripped by there own club when we go there ......must admit I don't travel much nowadays but was going to turn out for this but 36 quid as quashed that idea . 

20 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You reap what you sow.

Someone should mention to Mr Chairman that overcharging away fans works both ways.

Nevertheless I will be there>

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

First of all, the ticket price is very expensive (just like 95% of Wednesday’s POTG prices are).

But with it being a match against a local rival, I think many of our fans will disagree that it isn’t an attractive fixture.  I predict that even with it being an early kick-off, £36 a ticket, disappointing season etc, Wednesday will have no problem at all selling this one out.

When was the last time we took 4-5 thousand fans to Ipswich or Bolton?

6 minutes ago, The Captain said:

First of all, the ticket price is very expensive (just like 95% of Wednesday’s POTG prices are).

But with it being a match against a local rival, I think many of our fans will disagree that it isn’t an attractive fixture.  I predict that even with it being an early kick-off, £36 a ticket, disappointing season etc, Wednesday will have no problem at all selling this one out.

When was the last time we took 4-5 thousand fans to Ipswich or Bolton?

The last time we played at Bolton in September/October 

How dare they charge us £36. Oakwell is nowhere near the Calibre of Hillsborough so they can F*** right off with those prices.

I’ll listen to their cup final on Radio blunt thank you very much but for those that do go outsing those 6 fingered inbreds all game cos they won’t be seeing us ever again when they go down and we go up next season.

Hope the extra couple of K is worth it dingles, good luck charging Rovrum and Donny extra.

Edited by Rebowl Yell

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

£36!!! F*** me!! You could buy half of Barnsley itself for that!

Tbf Barnsley agree to charge the same as every club they play pre season, so it's really down to SWFC we are being made to pay £36.

This generally works out well for them as most clubs agree to reciprocal cheap tickets.

Shame Wednesday are one of the greedy ones.

I fully support this ticketing policy by Barnsley, just p155es me off I'm made to pay more, but I don't Barnsley for it.