8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

He needs more time, 100%.

But early judgement says I preffered Vincent Sasso.

Tall, quick, attacked the ball well, linked the play well

Sasso was a good player. He would’ve probably flourished more in a defensive set-up like last nights. As for Venancio, certainly his best game in a Wednesday shirt. I would still be surprised if we signed him permanently though? I think Loovens will probably get another year TBH?

I like Venancio, think he's a good player from what I have seen. I also rate Van Aken, he just needs to adapt to the quicker tempo over here. Lees for me, is still one of the best CBs in the division.

The 2 yellows yesterday is all about Loovens slowing down, clearly in his brain he played the ball both times but his brain is in front of his feet. The second yellow was a very tired and clumsy tackle, we need better because he will cost us points.

3 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Solid lastnight doesn’t do much wrong tbh think he should be first defender on team sheet  

No surprise there, he's the only recognised central defender to go on the team sheet for the next game

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I like him.  Can see why he was captain.  He gave Loovens a reyt b0llocking for his first booking and was organising the line all night.

I think he'll become a regular.

Ther's no other option til Lees and JvA are fit.

Had a decent game but he tries to tackle with his right foot when an opponent is coming through on his inside. He should be tackling with his left foot. He did it in the Burton game and he did again a couple of times last night, one resulting in a free kick in the first half which Duffy missed.  He was also ball watching for Leon Clarke’s header.

However, much improved from his previous performances. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Said something similar earlier bud. 

Having not really seen enough of him so far this season to assess him properly. 

Though maybe with this run of games and for me a very solid performance last night I think hell really begin to show he's not just a good player at this level but a good leader. Noticed last night he gave a few rollickings out a few verbals and looked like he was trying to organise the players around him. 

Probably comes from getting used to his team mates around him and starting to feel a sense of being part of the team and belonging here. For me it's a key area we've been lacking as the only real leaders we have that do this are hutch (who' will never sadly be able to play every game as his knees aren't up to it) and Loovens who is sadly looking past his prime and needs replacing. 

4 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Solid lastnight doesn’t do much wrong tbh think he should be first defender on team sheet  

I agree, beginning to look a better option than VanAkren, though I think if Jos does decide to mainly set up with wing backs and 3 at the back it will really suit VanAkren as he can step out from the back into midfield and make things happen going forward and until he gets more experience lesson his defensive shortcomings at the moment. 

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

I like him.  Can see why he was captain.  He gave Loovens a reyt b0llocking for his first booking and was organising the line all night.

I think he'll become a regular.

Yep said the same, we need a leader and seems to be getting the confidence to start imposing those qualities on his team mates now. Could become a key player over the rest of the season. 

4 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Looking better by the game thought he was solid last night with loovens career about over maybe we should look at keeping him permanent? 

Yep and could turn into a great partnership when tom lees is back