Bovver??

Sky is football... 

If Sky says jump then football jumps regardless of what coppers say, what fans think etc. 

In some respects I hate Sky, it’s broken football. Not just because of stupid kick off times but mainly because of the finance side of things... not the right thread to get into that though.

Anyway, yeah there was “bovver”, anyone who thinks there never is on derby day must live under a rock. 

As soon as the kick of date/time was announced and everyone went into "it'll be carnage" mode SYP were interviewed and said it was easier to manage the situation on a Friday night. They then quoted the midday kickoff match at Hillsborough where they "were dealing with incidents throughout the city up until 1am on Monday".

They need to get their story right.

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

The Chief Superintendent, Sean Morley, was interviewed on Radio Sheffield either the day before or on the day of the derby.

He said categorically on air that the decision was not made by South Yorkshire Police and was made due to TV. Unless the Chief Superintendent has risked being exposed for making an outright lie on BBC radio - i'm minded to think that it was TV driven.

As we all know, South Yorkshire Police would never just make stuff up.

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

The Chief Superintendent, Sean Morley, was interviewed on Radio Sheffield either the day before or on the day of the derby.

He said categorically on air that the decision was not made by South Yorkshire Police and was made due to TV. Unless the Chief Superintendent has risked being exposed for making an outright lie on BBC radio - i'm minded to think that it was TV driven.

Mate, i can tell you now that was 100% B*******

31 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

On reflection you have to admit that without Wednesdayites who are “ up for it” being there the mums dads and kids who support us would have been toast. We can debate the sad reality, but it’s the reality nevertheless. 

...because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on Bramall Lane. You need me on Bramall Lane. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2