Bovver??

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eaxctly

There was no misunderstanding. It was deliberate 

With the benefit of hindsight I agree it was probably deliberate by some but having sung that consistently post Kaiserslautern a lot of folk just joined in without making any mental association with Munich. I tried to stand up for the lad behind me (who was forcibly ejected) but the penny dropped when the steward explained the Munich connection. I sat down after that.

7 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Excellent point. There was an instance away at Man U in the league cup mid 90s. We took around 7k fans and manure fsns misinterpreted the dambusters song and came out lashing out at anybody resembling an owls fan. Quite literally a hard core of owls stood their ground outside and prevented the majority of our innocent fanbase from being attacked. Are there any of todays do gooders on this thread there that night and anything to be thankfull for?

I was there and it was mayhem with man ure fans lashing out at Wednesday fans young and old, a very nasty atmosphere outside the ground that the police weren't ready for.

The return leg at Hillsborough was just as tasty with the Wednesday fans hooligan and non hooligan looking for payback, which was the case, again it was bedlam.

22 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

My 'It's b@!llocks' post was with regards the validation of violence at football in order to protect ...'moms and dads' at S6 on Friday. It presumes that just because you don't want to be involved with 'bovver' that you can't deal with the fuckwhits who want to threaten and damage you because of supporting another team. 

I know enough 'moms and dad's' who if they saw or thought their children were being put in danger would rip the spine out of those scumbagspuckbubbles trying it on. I've also seen where most 'ordinary' football fans don't turn and run but actually face up to the tossssers trying it on mostly starting though the 70's. Most men and women don't just roll over and take it...it's generally been the solidarity of Wednesdayites which sort of began with Big Jack and how following Wednesday in huge numbers meant you all looked after each other without the need to fight.

Just because you aren't part of the 'top boys' whatever doesn't make you impotent, it just means you don't prove your worth by wanting to fight at football matches.

I wasn't at Man Utd for the following discussion but it seems to me it was provocation that started it and a combination of the police and all Wednesdayites making sure folk got out as best as possible. And I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't understand a tune about 'flying/airplanes' being a provocation to Man United must have been living under a rock for 50 years.

I'm not blaming or condoning I'm saying both incidents don't validate the need for it like some kind of 'protection' squad. 

So you're making ridiculous sweeping statements about two particular incidents which by your own admission you were at neither, yet you ignorantly challenge numerous posters many of whom were at both ,who give first hand, eyewitness accounts.

The only ''mpotent Fuckwhitts' living under rocks are balloons like you !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Excellent point. There was an instance away at Man U in the league cup mid 90s. We took around 7k fans and manure fsns misinterpreted the dambusters song and came out lashing out at anybody resembling an owls fan. Quite literally a hard core of owls stood their ground outside and prevented the majority of our innocent fanbase from being attacked. Are there any of todays do gooders on this thread there that night and anything to be thankfull for?

I was there. Must admit I sang the song because we'd been singing it at every match since Kaiserslautern. Couldn't believe the reaction in the ground and didn't associate it with Munich at all - teenage naivety. After the game I saw people being kicked on the floor and being dragged out of their cars. I was terrified. A couple of supporters gave me and my friend some verbal abuse but think we were spared because my friend's mum was with us who was in her 60s. Even so we quickly hid our colours and ran for it. Remember the return leg and all the local pubs boarded their windows up. They were obviously expecting trouble. Think the police were ready for them though. I was so angry afterwards. I just couldn't get over how a simple song could provoke such an extreme reaction. Football eh?

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

So you're making ridiculous sweeping statements about two particular incidents which by your own admission you were at neither, yet you ignorantly challenge numerous posters many of whom were at both ,who give first hand, eyewitness accounts.

The only ''mpotent Fuckwhitts' living under rocks are balloons like you !

Nope...I'm saying two incidents years apart don't validate the idea that organised football violence provides some kind of 'protection' because 'moms and dad's' can't look after themselves. And the 'living under rock's' ...hands up if you're older than 25 and don't understand the Munich connection..

1 minute ago, Freshfish said:

Nope...I'm saying two incidents years apart don't validate the idea that organised football violence provides some kind of 'protection' because 'moms and dad's' can't look after themselves. And the 'living under rock's' ...hands up if you're older than 25 and don't understand the Munich connection..

Your argument is pathetic, ignorant and insulting to people who were actually there !

• Like 1

Something else sticks in my mind about the first leg at Manure, we played 451. I couldn't fathom it at the time - what the hell was a 451?  Did Tricky Trev learn this defensive thing in Italy? At the time I don't think I'd ever seen an English team set up that way.

4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Your argument is pathetic, ignorant and insulting to people who were actually there !

So your argument is that two incidents 30 years apart provides some sort of evidence that validates organised football violence? Is that what you're saying? 

I'm not insulting anyone but you're quite happy to be the voice of everyone that was at both or only one of them. 

I went to Old Trafford, reckon it might have been a 4pm kick off?

I remember i had played a sunday morning match that finished at half 12 then bombed it 100 miles to the game, so never had colours on.

i was 19 and had enjoyed singing that song all season, sung it at the game and didnt for one minute think owt of it.

ignorance is bliss i suppose.

got locked in the ground for ages and didnt see anything kicking off outside. Ive read about the trouble on here but personally have no memory of it, seems like i was lucky that day without even knowing it!

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

Something else sticks in my mind about the first leg at Manure, we played 451. I couldn't fathom it at the time - what the hell was a 451?  Did Tricky Trev learn this defensive thing in Italy? At the time I don't think I'd ever seen an English team set up that way.

Think that may have been to protect Waddle who'd been rushed back from injury and hobbled through the entire 90 mins.

It did however make Manure stick 2 men on him the whole match !

57 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

There was no misinterpretation from where I was stood. Our lot were winding them up from minute one. I remember thinking “wow. They look really angry”

Afterwards was just mayhem. Probably the closest I’ve been to what it must have been like in the 70s

I was there and from my memory I think it was initially misinterpreted. We'd been singing Dambusters for over a year quite regularly- not sure if it didn't start at the Kaiserslautern game.

When we started singing it, it was clear what they perceived it as, and I think that encouraged our end to keep it going.

I remember being crouched down under the windows on the coach as the stones thudded against it.

5 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

I went to Old Trafford, reckon it might have been a 4pm kick off?

I remember i had played a sunday morning match that finished at half 12 then bombed it 100 miles to the game, so never had colours on.

i was 19 and had enjoyed singing that song all season, sung it at the game and didnt for one minute think owt of it.

ignorance is bliss i suppose.

got locked in the ground for ages and didnt see anything kicking off outside. Ive read about the trouble on here but personally have no memory of it, seems like i was lucky that day without even knowing it!

That was my point. I think the majority of our support that day naively sung the song as a matter of course with no intent meant. 

You must have been in the ground for a very long time as the trouble went on for a long time in different areas. Coach park was badly hit as was a lot of the exit roads.