Gigs at Hillsborough

6 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Nah mate, smokescreen innit. Turns out they're just glory-hunters. Now we're below United in the table they're back down t'lane.

Are you winding me up here because I'm pretty sure that is Alex Turner at Wembley?

I've been sucked into this debate haven't I? :picnic:

Alex.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Are you winding me up here because I'm pretty sure that is Alex Turner at Wembley?

Alex.jpg

I was in that room too mate, overheard him saying he'd accompanied his mate to Wembley after he'd bought him a ticket. Keeping up appearances with the fans as not to jeopardise record sales.

44 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

So I like going to a music gig and a festival, so whilst looking at options I have seen a growing trend. Football grounds used for gigs, this isn't just Manchester city and the stadium of light but also Huddersfield and Bolton.

This summer Tramlines festival will host a 3 day festival in the shadow of our ground in Hillsborough park because they want a bigger venue. The Arctic Monkeys are doing festivals next year and as Wednesday fans would fancy playing at Hillsborough?

Chansiri is looking for ways to get around FFP, would this help? Man City protect their pitch and the gigs would be in the summer so not effect the football. As a fan of the Arctic Monkeys, Milburn and reverend I can see one very Wednesday themed gig at Hillsborough this summer?

What you think and has this happened before?

Billy Graham did a gangsta rap concert at Hillsborough in the 80s

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Figment of my imagination sat next to Alex Turner then at Reading

Yep, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it was. You don’t actually exist. Been dead for years. I think the NHS has some leaflets you can read to help you cope with this existential crisis. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Alex.jpg

Alright alright I guess he must be an Owl then but who’s the guy in the suit?