Gigs at Hillsborough

So I like going to a music gig and a festival, so whilst looking at options I have seen a growing trend. Football grounds used for gigs, this isn't just Manchester city and the stadium of light but also Huddersfield and Bolton.

This summer Tramlines festival will host a 3 day festival in the shadow of our ground in Hillsborough park because they want a bigger venue. The Arctic Monkeys are doing festivals next year and as Wednesday fans would fancy playing at Hillsborough?

Chansiri is looking for ways to get around FFP, would this help? Man City protect their pitch and the gigs would be in the summer so not effect the football. As a fan of the Arctic Monkeys, Milburn and reverend I can see one very Wednesday themed gig at Hillsborough this summer?

What you think and has this happened before?

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

So I like going to a music gig and a festival, so whilst looking at options I have seen a growing trend. Football grounds used for gigs, this isn't just Manchester city and the stadium of light but also Huddersfield and Bolton.

This summer Tramlines festival will host a 3 day festival in the shadow of our ground in Hillsborough park because they want a bigger venue. The Arctic Monkeys are doing festivals next year and as Wednesday fans would fancy playing at Hillsborough?

Chansiri is looking for ways to get around FFP, would this help? Man City protect their pitch and the gigs would be in the summer so not effect the football. As a fan of the Arctic Monkeys, Milburn and reverend I can see one very Wednesday themed gig at Hillsborough this summer?

Talks are further advanced than you may think pal !

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

The Monkeys are Blades

Alex Turner is a Wednesday fan.

Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Matt Helders and Nick O’Malley are the Arctic Monkeys. They’re one of the biggest bands in Britain and they were all born and raised in High Green, a suburb of Sheffield. The four band members all support their childhood team Sheffield Wednesday

Just now, tarn owl said:

Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Matt Helders and Nick O’Malley are the Arctic Monkeys. They’re one of the biggest bands in Britain and they were all born and raised in High Green, a suburb of Sheffield. The four band members all support their childhood team Sheffield Wednesday

Nah mate, you're confused. We've done it to death on here and they are definitely Blades. Ask ayone

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Obviously there would be a solution since other clubs do it, but I often wonder how it would affect the grass etc.

2 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

I can confirm they're all blades.

Ok if you say so, my point is more about hosting gigs at Hillsborough in general for FFP. Someone needs to tell Wiki and the internet if they are pigs.

The lads from Sheffield have visited Hillsborough stadium on numerous occasions to support their team. The Arctic Monkeys have even put the club’s crest on their tour gear. While Alex Turner even has customised Chris Waddle (a Sheffield Wednesday legend) guitar picks. It’s safe to say that they’re die-hard fans of the Owls and support them dearly. 

Alex turner with wednesday players.jpg

5 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Oh god not this again  lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Ok if you say so, my point is more about hosting gigs at Hillsborough in general for FFP. Someone needs to tell Wiki and the internet if they are pigs.

The lads from Sheffield have visited Hillsborough stadium on numerous occasions to support their team. The Arctic Monkeys have even put the club’s crest on their tour gear. While Alex Turner even has customised Chris Waddle (a Sheffield Wednesday legend) guitar picks. It’s safe to say that they’re die-hard fans of the Owls and support them dearly. 

Nah mate, smokescreen innit. Turns out they're just glory-hunters. Now we're below United in the table they're back down t'lane.