BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Stop and think about this for a second

Nobody is going to be going and getting refunds on their season tickets in any great number

But as a club we've published that on our website

Stop the digs at fellow fans and ask yourself if that's the kind of thing you want as the headlines on your club website

It's not my idea of good news this

It could so easily have been done quietly. My Dad got a refund years ago due unfortunately to ill health and it was something the Club would do on enquiry. Should have been the same really. Just raises a debating point that no one was actually debating before it was announced on the OS

People saying "he's only keeping to his word" and he's "fronting up to the moaners" etc... While this all may be true, he's keeping to the promise he made in a late night online rant FFS.

Just like everything that's going on behind the scenes at the moment, that rant and now it's repercussions have come about through a lack of composure, reason and patience, all things we need to see in the man running our football club.

This sets a dangerous precedent and will alienate fans more than it pleases them.

5 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Transitional period of 2 years where you will have to pay into the club but have no say................getting confused which forum I am on now....is this Brexit or Owlstalk.............de de de de de de de de de de de de  Boris Johnson.......de de de de de de de de de de de de de de Boris Johnson

Hi Jeremy !

Seriously though conditions will be legal stuff .. finance agreements, payment terms, removal of priority points, maybe a delayed full refund and explanation that such a decision removes you from the early bird offers etc..

if you recall there there was a limit to season ticket sales this summer so there maybe some clause about your chances for a new one on the future being classed as back of the list etc

1 minute ago, nile said:

Our club just gets more bizarre by the day.

i can’t work out if this should be applauded for standing by his word or slated for trying to divide fans and the club.

Why is he trying to divide fans?

If you want a refund you can have one, if you don’t then just keep turning up as normal (you know like supporters do)

Tricky one for me.

I've not been enjoying it as much lately. Got afew health concerns, which are hard to take my mind off and it's a constant struggle to be begging for shifts off work.

However, Chansiri has my respect for trying his upmost to go above and beyond for us fans. Signing us a player we'd never dream of seeing in the blue and white; Jordan Rhodes. 

I won't go through with it, probably end up with a £200 store credit voucher anyways. UTO!

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

I'm fairly sure in previous years that if you wanted a refund you would have got one. Lost job, moved away etc. 

The issue here is the message it sends out. The club is radio rental at the minute. 

Exactly, it makes our club look a laughingstock, it's an embarrassing lack of leadership being shown at a time when we need it most.

7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Good post - there is lots I'm not happy with in regards to the club at the moment but sometimes DC must feel like he cannot win whatever he does.

What if a few mates and I email him asking for a start up front next week in the Derby. Do you think he'll put out a communication saying get your requests in by Friday and we'll have a squad number ready if you meet a certain criteria...?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Not that I want anyone to take up the offer generally, but if people do want to accept it then fair enough. Those calling other fans out for wanting to, and saying it would be 'pathetic' and stuff need to take a step back. If someone wants to apply for a refund now that one has been offered they should be free to do as they choose.

The secret terms are ridiculous and this is another screw-up communication that should never have gone out in this form. By not saying up front what they are it sounds like a threat. Ands lets face it, as soon as anyone who is applying for a refund gets told the terms they'l just tell all their mates anyway, which will backfire brutally on the club if they are particularly bad/restrictive.

Just publish the info up front or don't bother. All this secret-squirrel stuff is bizarre and questionable, and makes the club and its communications look utterly stupid and amateurish. If it's nothing too bad, they'd have just published it up front, surely - so it sounds like it will be some form of ridiculous 'punishment', which is a bizarre concept in itself if you think about it.

For anyone wanting to apply for a refund, feel free if that is what you choose to do and ignore the naysayers and name-callers. That said, if they ask you to agree to something or sign something read it fully and think about it fully before doing so. Remember, our new CEO comes from Charlton who tried to get some season ticket holders to sign an agreement to not criticise the club on social media before they could buy their ticket at one point fairly recently...

...Oh, and when you find out then tell us what the stupid 'conditions' are (I'm sure we'll find out anyway).

I really think you are over analysing this. If you publish this info it's almost like you are encouraging and inviting people to take   you up on the offer which of course the club does not want. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Let's be honest.

You could probably count on your hands the number of people who actually seriously requested a refund.

Bizarre move. Cutting off the nose to spite the face springs to mind. 

Absolutely perfectly turned fans against fans too

Owlstalk Shop

I wanted a statement on the website to clarify why we had appointed someone with such a poor reputation in English football to a senior role.

I want to know that we are looking to appoint a manager sooner rather than later and some sort of assurance that half our injured 1st team players will be seen again for the home side at Hillsborough and not sold this month.

I didn't expect to be insulted by the offer of season ticket money back. It is an insult to our loyalty and generations of support. Has any professional club ever done anything like this and advertised it on the official website for the betterment of the club and supporter relations going forward?

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Why is he trying to divide fans?

If you want a refund you can have one, if you don’t then just keep turning up as normal (you know like supporters do)

Looks pretty divided on here about it already, fans falling out amongst themselves.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I wanted a statement on the website to clarify why we had appointed someone with such a poor reputation in English football to a senior role.

I want to know that we are looking to appoint a manager sooner rather than later and some sort of assurance that half our injured 1st team players will be seen again for the home side at Hillsborough and not sold this month.

I didn't expect to be insulted by the offer of season ticket money back. It is an insult to our loyalty and generations of support. Has any professional club ever done anything like this and advertised it on the official website for the betterment of the club and supporter relations going forward?

100% this

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, dowls said:

Seriously though conditions will be legal stuff .. finance agreements, payment terms, removal of priority points, maybe a delayed full refund and explanation that such a decision removes you from the early bird offers etc..

if you recall there there was a limit to season ticket sales this summer so there maybe some clause about your chances for a new one on the future being classed as back of the list etc

This is about right, will probably also stipulate not being able to buy one next season etc.

Should have been done offline to ensure the reputation of the club, this does all seem a little odd on behalf of the chairman.