BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

It certainly does leave a bad taste. I can’t fathom why any supporter would ask for a ST refund.

Seen much much worse than this, and never once considered asking for a refund. Not happy? Then don’t renew for next season. As simple as that. 

How do you think the club are handling this situation?

Just before we play Sheffield United and when the club is in the spotlight

is it how you'd like our club to be seen?

Owlstalk Shop

To be fair, he's giving the fans a choice, if they're unhappy, we will give you some money back. 

Hes not forcing people to. Personally I wouldn't have offered it in the first place but hey ho. 

In all honesty, if people don't want to be there maybe they are better off away?

Im 27 and I've seen far worse than this already in my lifetime! Takes much more than being 16th in the championship to give my ST up let me tell you. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's getting more bizarre and messier by the day

The fact fans are choosing to have a dig at other fans instead of looking at the bigger picture isn't just disappointing but it's a sign of things to come IMO

Worrying times

I'm trying to step back and look at the bigger picture mate. I am struggling with this - it hurts. Fans have to find a way to rally together. Let's not get toxic as we know how utterly miserable that gets.

My opinion is we need some clarity from the club. We're watching our team slide down the league and fans are rightfully frustrated. 

10 minutes ago, woodys said:

Only fair weather fans will ask for refunds. The type that only started going once we were winning often. Hope the condition is a lifetime ban on ever getting a season ticket again 

There are a lot of fans, who have been going for years, who have probably pushed themselves to the limit to afford tickets for themselves and for their families over the past few years. I, for one, would not judge them for seeking a refund given the current situation. If you could stick with the expediture for the rest of an abysmal season, or buy each of your kids the present they really want for their birthdays in the coming year, which would you choose?

This to me sounds like Mr C trying to do the best by us supporters no matter how much we put in, he says he wants to be one of us and no one to suffer so why the negative when he offers this !

Yet more “true fans” showing they really aren’t if they attack him for this generous offer..

There was a post on here earlier trying to throw the “customer” point back at him, yet he seems to be rather more dignified than many on here!

FACT so it must be true FFS..

Shut the feck up now and support him, Carlos the clown has gone, give DC some time to sort it FFS. and I mean FFS !

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

Thats a pretty aggressive statement.

Basically saying "Apply for a refund without knowing what the conditions are - just you f****** dare"

Wow. Hes really fronting up his customers. Egged on by the idiots like the ones already posting here

Yeah I understand you could read it that way. Personally I read it a bit more like if you don’t want to be here and you might well bring your negativity with you then don’t bother. Here’s your dough back Cos it’s not what we (Club, team etc) need 

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Has any other club done this in the past ?

IMHO Its another Laughing stock moment 

I daresay the Blunts will have Paul Heaton locked away in a studio composing songs for a  week on Friday 

FFS......:picnic:

Oh lord that game is approaching fast 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why is that something to gloat over?

Right now fans need to stick together not have snidey digs at each other

You are right I think in respect of the motives and it is bizarre that the club would advertise this on the website.

However, the best way for fans to stick together is not to consider asking for a refund. This 150th year has been pretty much a disaster but if 100% of us didn't chuck the towel in then that would be the best show of solidarity, tell him to f**k his offer, we have been with OUR club for generations and will continue to be. We appreciate the investment in time and money he has put into our club but if he truly wants to be a part of our family then he shouldn't insult us with 'offers' like this.

I don't have one but i'd think that most would want to keep theirs incase a week after they've been refunded we've got a new manager and some new actually decent players coming in.Highly doubt we'd get play-offs but some could miss some exciting games.

Fans grumble

Some post on social media that they want a refund on their season tickets (they don't - it's just a football fans way of expressing their feelings when frustrated and feeling like there's not much else they can do other than protest/riot which they're choosing not to do)

Instead of calming the situation and coming up with positives at the club to turn the ship around the captains on board decide instead to go full speed towards the iceberg

It's not good this

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

How do you think the club are handling this situation?

Just before we play Sheffield United and when the club is in the spotlight

is it how you'd like our club to be seen?

Of course not. I’m not happy with any of this sh*t. I’m certainly not happy with fans hounding the club for refunds. 

7 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

It certainly does leave a bad taste. I can’t fathom why any supporter would ask for a ST refund.

Seen much much worse than this, and never once considered asking for a refund. Not happy? Then don’t renew for next season. As simple as that. 

Seen far worse but for a fraction of the cost surely?

Not saying it's right or wrong to ask for a refund, but it's the fact that Wednesday are charging premier league prices for football that honestly cant be described as being up to league 1 standard, that has people reacting this way I'm sure.

Might not be right, but certainly understandable.

Wait am confused ? Chairman listened to fan base again and offered you the chance of refund ... 

It’s Rhodes all over again  ain’t it —- he’s buys players fans wanted and then he’s accused of buying player no one wanted.

Personally reckon conditions will see your points revoked and back of list for renewals and excluded from early birds in the future, plus no chance to change your mind.

Intersting deadline Friday .. manager to be put in place next after fa cup game?? With a big transfer kitty??