BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

For me personally, an utterly bizarre and bonkers thing to do and to have it on the website and official.

Never in my years of supporting Wednesday have I seen ANY football club offer refunds on season tickets. Being disappointed and going through tough times is all part ofspurring your football club

Again it's just another case of DC not fronting up and accepting responsibility and coming back with a response like "no refunds, we are in this together and well get it right and I accept fault for blah blah blah"

Instead, to save face and shy off conflict he's done this??!!

People on the outside looking in must be laughing their boobies off at this ...

Edited by Hack-Abusi

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Why would you need points if you no longer wish to attend? 

Because it is an enticement to bring them back. If you think you are losing a loyal customer you do everything to keep them. If they still insist of leaving you do everything to try and make sure they come back.

Difficult to really sum up words to what is happening to the club at the moment! 

So many actions out of character - the statement, the sacking of CC the next day, the Burton performance and Bullen having to bite his lip in the post match interview, the appointment of a controversial CEO, and now this, all in a matter of weeks! I can’t tell if DC is trying to please the fans by doing what we request (CC sacked, appoint CEO, refunds albeit minority) or its treat us like a business and start to create some distance between himself and us! 

Im hoping the managerial appointment will tell us more about his commitment to us! 

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

The tone is all wrong in that statement.

If you are going to do something like this think it has to more conciliatory. Along lines of 'We are sorry but understand that some supporters are dissapointed by the season and aknowledge that mistakes have been made even if these were made in good faith at the time. As a gesture of goodwill the club wishes to refund any supporter for the rest of this season and hope one day we will be able to welcome you back to Hillsborough'

Rather than 'Its my way or the highway'

Instead we got 'If you want to take up the Chairmans offer'

Most Chairmen I read about, when offering something, is have a pint on us. Or, thanks for your support we've put a scarf on your seat. Not, sod you lot have your money back 

27 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Hopefully they get their refund on the condition they f**k off and stay f**ked off for good.  Real supporters don't ask for their money back.

They cant see it all there moaning and slating owner going to make things alot worse 

The conditions will be that you’ll get your money back for games not attended but for games you have attended you will have to pay the difference between your season ticket price per match and the actual match day price of each of those matches so it’ll be like you never had a season ticket.

Anybody getting a refund shouldn’t be able to benefit from the savings made on the matches already attended using that season ticket.

That’s fair enough if you ask me.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

The conditions will be that you’ll get your money back for games not attended but for games you have attended you will have to pay the difference between your season ticket price per match and the actual match day price of each of those matches so it’ll be like you never had a season ticket.

Anybody getting a refund shouldn’t be able to benefit from the savings made on the matches already attended using that season ticket.

That’s fair enough if you ask me.

Which will even it out given the ludicrous high potg prices 

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Instead we got 'If you want to take up the Chairmans offer'

Most Chairmen I read about, when offering something, is have a pint on us. Or, thanks for your support we've put a scarf on your seat. Not, sod you lot have your money back 

One recent chairman would insult you without offering you your money back

lol

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 1

Throwing his toys out of the pram.  Amateurish.  As has been said, in all probability it was a few hyperbolic comments from irate fans, the fact he doesn't understand that is indicative of the problem.

Been a season ticket holder most of my life and I won't be taking up the offer (despite the fact I'm a bit skint and it'd come in handy) but let's be honest, it's becoming a more appeaing offer by the game.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Me

There should be no 'pops' from any angle

A chairman having a 'pop' at fans never ends well

So Chansiri should sit back and takw abuse without defending himself?

He even said his self he’s miles away from his family yet puts a lot of time and effort into the club as well as a hell of a lot of money. 

Maybe fans should be a bit more appreciative. 

1 minute ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Because it is an enticement to bring them back. If you think you are losing a loyal customer you do everything to keep them. If they still insist of leaving you do everything to try and make sure they come back.

TBF If they’re moaning at the first hurdle do you really want them back ?

Better change the revenue stream, maybe put up ST’s and reduce POTG ?

Some should be careful what they ask for...

• Thanks 1

Just now, DobbinTheDonkey said:

There are some who’ve done nowt but moan for some time. DC is doing this because folk wanted it, imagine if he’d said No, you’ve paid your money and you aint having it back?

No matter what he does he gets flak from certain angles. I’m an Owl for nigh on 50yrs and there is no way I would buy our club if I had the cash to do so

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

With all the s**t Chansiri ha sheen getting despite pumping millions in to the club, who could ever blame him for having a pop back?

People will drive him out then scream for an owner like him when we’re back in league one with no money. 

100% This^^ Some of our fans seem to be keen on self destruction 

Edited by steveger

3 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

With all the s**t Chansiri ha sheen getting despite pumping millions in to the club, who could ever blame him for having a pop back?

People will drive him out then scream for an owner like him when we’re back in league one with no money. 

Because as the boss and leader of the Club you have to show a level of decorum in dealing with people.