BREAKING - Season Ticket refunds announced on official website

9 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I find it more disgraceful that Wednesday fans contacted him for refunds. He’s only doing what they wanted, You can’t critcise him for that

If he's only doing what the fans wanted then we would be playing in stripes watching attacking football worthy of the ticket prices we are being asked to pay.

Either way this is a massive pr own goal that doesn't show the club in a good light.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You are right I think in respect of the motives and it is bizarre that the club would advertise this on the website.

However, the best way for fans to stick together is not to consider asking for a refund. This 150th year has been pretty much a disaster but if 100% of us didn't chuck the towel in then that would be the best show of solidarity, tell him to f**k his offer, we have been with OUR club for generations and will continue to be. We appreciate the investment in time and money he has put into our club but if he truly wants to be a part of our family then he shouldn't insult us with 'offers' like this.

Most people will have said they want refunds to make a point to the chairman i'd imagine.He's going to offer refunds so he's clearly got the hint people are unhappy.That's good enough i think and now might as well just see the season out.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fair enough

I agree but that's not a thing that makes me happy

We're about to hit a new era. One I'm not really looking forward to, and one where fans most definitely need to stick together

So instead of encouraging division do what you claim you are and act like a Wednesday fan turn this bleeeedin site round to one that encourages support instead of infighting 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

lol

Fans ask for refunds, they get it...but people moan that he’s offered it. Bizarre. 

Oh no, we must not criticise the fan base though. The fans are brilliant (they’re so brilliant they ask for ST refunds then go on a rant about how we’re not just customers) 

How many have actually asked for this though. It seems like he has spat the dummy out for a very small minority. All clubs have some idiots, there's no need to respond to them in kind and create something out of nothing by suggesting the fans aren't committed to the cause.

As someone said I bet it's a handful they wrote to the club asking for a refund after recent matches. 

Suddenly it's all blown out of proportion when it could have been dealt with privately.

Renewing next season now that's a different matter, especially if he increases prices

Stop and think about this for a second

Nobody is going to be going and getting refunds on their season tickets in any great number

But as a club we've published that on our website

Stop the digs at fellow fans and ask yourself if that's the kind of thing you want as the headlines on your club website

It's not my idea of good news this

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

This to me sounds like Mr C trying to do the best by us supporters no matter how much we put in, he says he wants to be one of us and no one to suffer so why the negative when he offers this !

Yet more “true fans” showing they really aren’t if they attack him for this generous offer..

There was a post on here earlier trying to throw the “customer” point back at him, yet he seems to be rather more dignified than many on here!

FACT so it must be true FFS..

Shut the feck up now and support him, Carlos the clown has gone, give DC some time to sort it FFS. and I mean FFS !

You think this is a genuine offer?

Whats with all the threat of special 'terms' that can't be released beforehand.

This isn't genuine at all, and it should be really, really worrying times for all fans.

3 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

There are a lot of fans, who have been going for years, who have probably pushed themselves to the limit to afford tickets for themselves and for their families over the past few years. I, for one, would not judge them for seeking a refund given the current situation. If you could stick with the expediture for the rest of an abysmal season, or buy each of your kids the present they really want for their birthdays in the coming year, which would you choose?

You make a fair point but I’m not on board with it mate 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

What if the condition is you arent ever allowed entry to Hillsborough again while he is Chairman?

Either as a POTG fan or season ticket holder? And if you apply for the info - you get the deal, like it or not?

Why not announce the conditions ahead and let people make an informed choice? How would that hurt?

Well I bought a three year one thinking it was a bargain for two years of premier league footie. Instead I have had one and a half seasons of poo and a year of third division to look forward. Mind my ex wife always said I was a gullible Cnut! Mind she ripped me off too

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many have actually asked for this though. It seems like he has spat the dummy out for a very small minority. All clubs have some idiots, there's no need to respond to them in kind and create something out of nothing by suggesting the fans aren't committed to the cause.

100% Correct

Owlstalk Shop

The chairman said some supporters had been spouting on social media that they wanted a refund.

He in turn said that anyone wanting a refund would be accommodated with conditions attached.

He's now saying that anyone who want's to take up the offer they have until Friday.

If he hadn't issued this statement people would have accused him of not keeping his word and sweeping it under the carpet.

Some have spouted off (not many I guess) and he's called em out.

Fair play to him.

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

Seem to remember jack Carlton offering to pay someone's seasons ticket coz they were bored with the offering.  

Wouldnt surprise me that you wont be allowed to purchase a ST whilst ever DC is running the joint.  

That would make really good business sense to start banning folk because they want a refund.. Why pay for product that doesn't return value for money. Why are Wednesday any different. Everyone to their own. Im a season ticket holder and to be honest I don't blame anyone for asking for a refund. Maybe the management might take note how serious the fan base is when voting with their feet. Compared to other clubs we are playing at showing our displeasure of whats happeniong at S6.