BREAKING NEWS - BARRY BANNAN

2 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

He wouldn't have to do this if the club kept us updated and fans stopped bobbar stirring.

I know a fear years back there was a section on the owls site that had injury updates and expected recovery times which was constantly updated. It's not that difficult really is it. 

I remember this.

Just the little things that can go along way.

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, striker said:

I seriously dont understand some of the animosity in other threads towards Bannan, he is a great little player without whom we would have been in real trouble before now. Ok, he can't shoot for toffee but always puts a shift in and often likely to be our creative outlet.

Hopefully he will be back soon.

Exactly. I first twigged just how good he was when we played Brighton mid week in the Wembley season. We drew 0-0 but he was awesome. He works hard can tackle and is a creative outlet. Your are spot on his weakness is his shooting but surely a decent coach would ldentify and work on this. We gave him a chance when his career stalled and it looks like he appreciates this and is happy here. Often when he is criticised I feel it is because he gets over run in midfield due to lack of support. Consistent performer - how can you criticise him over the past 2 1/2 seasons?

Edited by Jack the Hat

Him, Reach and Hooper are 98% of our upfield movement when Lee's out. Let's give him the credit he deserves. One of very few who never goes AWOL.

Given his physical stature he's INCREDIBLY influential and it's all down to attitude and application. Gets more focus/criticism than most because he's actually involved for 90min every game.

Needs more onfield/positional support than some, given his limited abilities off the ball, and doesn't get it half often enough.

Even so he's clearly one of our best. One of maybe six we could sell for £££, and one of maybe three I'd be gutted if we did.

Edited by Mr. Tom

11 hours ago, Royal_D said:

The fact he’s had to even write that just goes to show how many trouble causers there are around the club at the minute, and also that the garbage that gets posted on social media DOES have an afffect on the players and everyone that’s connected with the club 

Totally agree Royal BUT, if the club had updates on player injuries and length of time out rumours could easily be quashed.

12 hours ago, striker said:

I seriously dont understand some of the animosity in other threads towards Bannan, he is a great little player without whom we would have been in real trouble before now. Ok, he can't shoot for toffee but always puts a shift in and often likely to be our creative outlet.

Hopefully he will be back soon.

I cant think of a club in the Championship who wouldn't want him in their squad but we still get some of our fans being negative and stirring things.

Imagine Bannan playing in an attacking team again with motivated players lol