Next manager odds

16 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Not really son, you made the below statement...

‘But hey,he's is in your unimaginative or not even worthy list’.

And I just thought you might respond better to pictures as I’m assuming English isn’t your first language. :nuhiu:

Don't "Son" me.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Dean Smith for me

He won't be leaving Brentford, he's got the full backing of the English owner and board, who don't panic and sack when things start going wrong, they have probably the best recruitment set up out side the Premiership, just look at the millions they have made on transfers, and they fill the gaps with just as good if not better players, they also play some neat and tidy on the ground passing football and are now picking up a bit of momentum after a very slow start, he knows where his bread is buttered!!

1 minute ago, jimmyBee said:

He won't be leaving Brentford, he's got the full backing of the English owner and board, who don't panic and sack when things start going wrong, they have probably the best recruitment set up out side the Premiership, just look at the millions they have made on transfers, and they fill the gaps with just as good if not better players, they also play some neat and tidy on the ground passing football and are now picking up a bit of momentum after a very slow start, he knows where his bread is buttered!!

In fairness, given the length of time Carlos was given this season to turn things around I think DC has shown a great amount of loyalty to him and he certainly can’t be accused of being trigger happy.

Also whenever Dean Smith has had a decent player he’s been sold from under his nose (Gray, Hogan, Dean, Jota), that wouldn’t happen to him at Hillsborough.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness, given the length of time Carlos was given this season to turn things around I think DC has shown a great amount of loyalty to him and he certainly can’t be accused of being trigger happy.

Also whenever Dean Smith has had a decent player he’s been sold from under his nose (Gray, Hogan, Dean, Jota), that wouldn’t happen to him at Hillsborough.

I think this is a very important point.

DC has shown himself to be a loyal and generous owner. Good managers will take that into account. Desperate would-be managers won’t care. But in demand managers will.

10 minutes ago, jimmyBee said:

not sure about don't panic and sack ,   smith's predecessor after 8 games in charge was sacked .

21 minutes ago, jimmyBee said:

I must be hungover, because all that caught my eyes there was "full English".

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It's a fact of life that Brentford HAVE to sell to survive, with a small ground capacity income is very limited, and until their new ground is finished it will remain the same, no player is sold from under his nose without his full knowledge, he knows and fully understands the way they have to work and is prepared to work within that framework to bring eventual success. 

1 minute ago, jimmyBee said:

It's a fact of life that Brentford HAVE to sell to survive, with a small ground capacity income is very limited, and until their new ground is finished it will remain the same, no player is sold from under his nose without his full knowledge, he knows and fully understands the way they have to work and is prepared to work within that framework to bring eventual success. 

Exactly and it’s a framework he wouldn’t have to work with at Hillsborough.

Just my opinion but I think he’d jump at the chance to manage Wednesday, sadly I don’t think he’s on Dejphon Chansiri’s radar anyway.

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

not sure about don't panic and sack ,   smith's predecessor after 8 games in charge was sacked .

Looking back on their forums I think you will find that they held their hands up and are quoted as saying "we got it all wrong with his appointment" it does happen at times

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Exactly and it’s a framework he wouldn’t have to work with at Hillsborough.

Just my opinion but I think he’d jump at the chance to manage Wednesday, sadly I don’t think he’s on Dejphon Chansiri’s radar anyway.

Seems Fonseca is DC's number one choice, but if that fails, Smith is exactly the type of manager we should be going for, I have advocated him as a candidate for a while.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I've arrived at the point where I feel debating with you wouldn't be a terrific use of my time. 

Have a great day. 

Well Vulva, you could use some of your new found spare time to come and clean up my laptop. PMSL lol . I just spit tea and Jaffa cakes all over it.

FFS

I don’t think we’ll go for Smith but it’s laughable to suggest he wouldn’t come.

He’s unlikely to get promoted with Brentford when he always has to sell his best players.

He’s not going to get offered a PL job.

Therefore, the only way to advance his career is to go to a bigger Championship club. He’ll want one with money to spend and a Chairman that gives the manager time.  Therefore , making Wednesday one of only a few options for him.

Smith would take it in a heartbeat.