Carlos, “i don’t believe it’s my fault”

In a way, he's right.

He's done his best, but things have gone awry.

Chansiri won't sack him, and the fans tolerate the situation.

That's why we're where we are, and we'll continue to fail unless Chansiri acts, or the fans force him to.

Edited by Athelwulf
spelling

1 hour ago, striker said:

I can only conclude this farce is continuing because of DC's poor decision to retain CC in the summer. To sack Carlos as we obviously should would lose the entire backroom infrastructure overnight, except Bullen (who should probably  go too) making the decision to replace the medical team even more ridiculous. 

Absolutely. Getting rid of Carlos is the easy bit. However, how do you get in a complete new medical team and coaching set up ready to go? Also, the costs involved must be astronomical. DC is learning the hard way. He allowed the manager to convince him our play off failure v Huddersfield was down to the medical team. CC has been involved in a power grab and look where we are now.

It's not his fault.

So Mr CC, how did your team perform at preston in august? The team that contained

Westwood,Hunt,Lees,Loovens, Boyd,Bannan and Forestieri?

They looked dis-organised, played with no tempo and created nothing.

Most worryingly of all they looked unfit. First game of the season.

That is down to the head coach and his staff.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Absolutely. Getting rid of Carlos is the easy bit. However, how do you get in a complete new medical team and coaching set up ready to go? Also, the costs involved must be astronomical. DC is learning the hard way. He allowed the manager to convince him our play off failure v Huddersfield was down to the medical team. CC has been involved in a power grab and look where we are now.

Spot on, don't even think the cost is the main problem. For example, any physio worth having will be employed and unlikely their employer will release them mid season

46 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Carlos has to go yes yes yes but please god he doesn't walk because we really need to see the chairman cut the chord and actually prove he's not as indecisive and incapable of making a decision as he appears to be.

We need to see the owner do something that might  change a lot of opinions that are beginning to fester that he isn't up to the job either.

Managers are 10 a penny good owners rare as rocking horse sheet and we need him whether people like it or not.

He can walk for me and take his endless entourage with him, would be a damn sight cheaper than paying the lot of them off!

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He can walk for me and take his endless entourage with him, would be a damn sight cheaper than paying the lot of them off!

whilst I believe CC isn't to a few quid I doubt the Portuguese guys around him can afford to tear up contracts 

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree,and its why i have absolutely no respect for Carvalhal anymore,he should have walked away by now. 

Im fed up people saying he’s a nice bloke blah blah blah,if carvahal had any respect for the fans he’d have done the honourable thing by now

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

whilst I believe CC isn't to a few quid I doubt the Portuguese guys around him can afford to tear up contracts 

I know, it was more wishful thinking. I doubt any of them would stay on without Carlos other than Bullen. The medical staff we appointed on his recommendation are doing a fine job compared with the lot we decided to give the boot in the summer........or are we just unlucky with injuries now?

CC always used to protect his players no matter what. Sometimes to his detriment.

Earlier in the season he was right to call one or two out but it’s been going on long enough now that he is going full Dave Jones (“who could do any better under these circumstances”) which can’t be great for the squad to hear.

2 hours ago, Umeeksk said:

Doesn't matter, buddy. 

Sometimes it isn't your fault but you're still the one accountable. 

If you can't put it right, someone else gets to have a go.

That's life. 

Resign. 

Excellently summed up

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Carlos has to go yes yes yes but please god he doesn't walk because we really need to see the chairman cut the chord and actually prove he's not as indecisive and incapable of making a decision as he appears to be.

We need to see the owner do something that might  change a lot of opinions that are beginning to fester that he isn't up to the job either.

Managers are 10 a penny good owners rare as rocking horse sheet and we need him whether people like it or not.

I am starting to wonder about this seriously. I have often pondered why Dejphon Chansiri's father and brother have executive roles in the Thai Union Group but Dejphon, for whatever reason, has been left out. Maybe the reasons are becoming all too apparent.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

In my opinion yes.

37 million, no accountability or progress says so.

I disagree about him being the worst manager in our history. He has spent (wasted) plenty of money but so have many others in this division and his first season was very entertaining at times - he was actually better when he didn't have a bigger budget. Before he came in we were going nowhere and had no top 6 hopes, he helped to make that ambition genuinely possible and helped to raise the profile of the club in a positive light.

If he doesn't go soon all that will be largely forgotten, outweighed be the absolute debacle that our 150th anniversary season has turned into.

We have had worse managers though. Turner could spot a player but was tactically terrible and led a team with one of the biggest budgets in the 3rd division to our 2nd lowest position in our league history. Irvine had all the badges but was just as inept in leading a promotion favourite out of that division. I was only young at the time but all I can remember from Peter Eustace's spell was him being known as Peter Useless. Thankfully I am too young to remember the managers of the 70's.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I disagree about him being the worst manager in our history. He has spent (wasted) plenty of money but so have many others in this division and his first season was very entertaining at times - he was actually better when he didn't have a bigger budget. Before he came in we were going nowhere and had no top 6 hopes, he helped to make that ambition genuinely possible and helped to raise the profile of the club in a positive light.

If he doesn't go soon all that will be largely forgotten, outweighed be the absolute debacle that our 150th anniversary season has turned into.

We have had worse managers though. Turner could spot a player but was tactically terrible and led a team with one of the biggest budgets in the 3rd division to our 2nd lowest position in our league history. Irvine had all the badges but was just as inept in leading a promotion favourite out of that division. I was only young at the time but all I can remember from Peter Eustace's spell was him being known as Peter Useless. Thankfully I am too young to remember the managers of the 70's.

Steve Burtenshaw.

3 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Why would Chansiri listen to our thoughts on the managerial situation when he clearly couldn’t give a throw about anything else we think?

lip service, yes, listening and taking on board, no

At the Fans Forum DC stated they bought JR because of pressure from fans.

Perhaps once bitten twice shy

8 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

At the Fans Forum DC stated they bought JR because of pressure from fans.

Perhaps once bitten twice shy

What pressure?

everyone could see he didn’t fit in with our non chance creating style of football and most people thought he was well out of our price bracket. I wasn’t aware of any clamour.

and if he really did do it then he isn’t fit to run the club.

10 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

What pressure?

everyone could see he didn’t fit in with our non chance creating style of football and most people thought he was well out of our price bracket. I wasn’t aware of any clamour.

and if he really did do it then he isn’t fit to run the club.

Oh he did it alright ...please do not shoot the messenger ... well not at this time of year anyway.

In his defence, you can't blame CC directly for Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hunt, Lee, Bannan, Boyd, Forestieri and Fletcher all being injured....that's almost 9 nailed on starters gone from the first team set up. We can shift the blame to the medical team or whoever you want but sometimes you just think maybe we've gotten really unlucky. Any other top half team with 9 of their first team players out injured would struggle vs any opposition in this league, even more so against two of the very best teams in the division Wolves & Middlesborough. 

I do agree he needs to go, after our very poor start, consistent poor performances and awful summer recruitment the signs are all there that he's taken us as far as he can, we've stopped progressing and starting regressing. We need to change something and in football when things are bad the first change you usually need to make is the manager. 

Todays performance wasn't as bad as I thought it would be when I saw the team sheet. We 100% deserved to lose and Middlesborough played a good game, but even under a different manager do you really think we would have played any better? Or that they could have picked a different team? No way. 

The biggest problem we have had and maybe this is CC's fault or maybe the board and Chansiri are more accountable but the recruitment we have done ever since the first season post Hull has been absolutely terrible. We have brought in players who do not fit into CC's system, players who aren't fit to play, players who cannot adjust to the division and most of all we have too many players who are very similar, the lack of diversity in the squad is scary.

Having said all that, I still feel with a fully fit squad and if we sold a certain 1/2 players, cleared some deadwood and made 2/3 proper signings and with the help of the loan market we could still win promotion quite easily next season, not a great deal of new investment would be required. We are so so close to the PL we cannot let this slip away because of poor decisions at the senior level. This season is all but over now, we will improve later on in the season when players come back but the rut we've been in and will be in for the next few weeks will be to detrimental. 

It doesn't matter if CC resigns or not, people think him going will suddenly make us promotion contenders again, it won't so stop making yourself look foolish by abusing him and the club. The season will be over come January and Chansiri won't sack him, but we need to have his replacement lined up and have a very efficient transfer window in the summer and be ready to win the league next season, which is still very very possible.