We Have the best/worst fans

Do we have both the best and the worst fans of any club?

In football circles we have a great reputation for support particularly away from home.

Our fans have endured some very dark times and turned up no matter what.

Look at the scenes from wembley etc. We do this better than any club

We are also incredibly critical of the Club, Chairman,Manager, Coaches, Scouts and Players.

This often takes the form of quite vile and vindictive personal abuse which goes beyond reasonable criticism.

Quite often the best and worse traits of our fans are the very same people.

So are we in the position of having the best and worst fans of any club?

• Like 1

Almost certainly not.

Many clubs will have similar extremes within their fan bases. It's only because, as Wednesday fans, we're exposed to Wednesday fans' brilliance one minute and sheer stupidity the next that we think we're among the best or worst at any given moment.

Truth be told, we're no different to plenty of other fan bases.

Not many fans would endure what Wednesday fans have and continually average 20K as well as have one of the best away followings.

If anything the Wednesday fan base has become too content with mediocrity and settling for second best

The soul has been ripped out of our once traditional club and we just accept it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

The nastiest fans certainly. Lvel of personal abuse of club employees is a disgrace, Encouraged by tolerating these posts on a public site. Abuse of emplyees should not be tolerated, call for them to go, dispute their tactics by all means, But allowing insult after insult of club employees is disgraceful on this site and encouraged by the owners of same, all so they can sell a few more ads. Short termism. They will lose the site to the abusers of the club. Who would want to be part of a hate campaign against employess. Disgraceful. The site should ban anyone who abuses employees. What are mods for?

What about those who abuse other posters on the site. You appal me I’m afraid. Keyboard warrior and hypocrite.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin

I'd say that we've got a feckless set of fans who simply don't appreciate that this club has changed so radically in the last 7 years.

It wasn't obvious under Mandaric, because he knows football inside out, and there's no way that the current situation would have ever arisen under him.

But now we're witnessing this new system in all its horror, one in which we have not only an absolute owner but one who also knows nothing about football.

He thinks it's possible to run a football club like a family business - with Carlos one of the family.

But the situation is made far worse by a set of fans, many of whom who simply don't understand what really matters when influencing our fortunes.

They seem to think that "singing your heart out for the lads" will change things for the better, when the only way to achieve that is to force Carlos out by whatever means possible.

It's ironic that we've finally had an injection of cash, yet with our chairman and a section of our fans the future now looks bleaker than ever.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'd say that we've got a feckless set of fans who simply don't appreciate that this club has changed so radically in the last 7 years.

It wasn't obvious under Mandaric, because he knows football inside out, and there's no way that the current situation would have ever arisen under him.

But now we're witnessing this new system in all its horror, one in which we have not only an absolute owner but one who also knows nothing about football.

He thinks it's possible to run a football club like a family business - with Carlos one of the family.

But the situation is made far worse by a set of fans, many of whom who simply don't understand what really matters when influencing our fortunes.

They seem to think that "singing your heart out for the lads" will change things for the better, when the only way to achieve that is to force Carlos out by whatever means possible.

It's ironic that we've finally had an injection of cash, yet with our chairman and a section of our fans the future now looks bleaker than ever.

Can't argue with that.

I really am starting to feel like this isn't my club anymore. I'm so disillusioned with pretty much every aspect of the way we're being run.

It's genuinely heartbreaking to sit and watch it all unfold, especially this of all years. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

We are the same as most fans in the country

Yeah I agree with that.

I don't think we are over critical.

I mean come on, we went down 17/18 years ago and I thought we'd be straight back up.

I'm getting a bit mardy about things now but I don't think that makes me impatient. It's been a long time.

23 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I wish we could all be like you...tell me again about " your role " at the club and how if everyone could be like you the club would be going places...you are having a go at some of THE best fans who have supported the club through dark times not even comparable with what is happening now but think you are some sort of role model for the rest of us. Why don't you disappear up your own orifice...pathetic

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I wish we could all be like you...tell me again about " your role " at the club and how if everyone could be like you the club would be going places...you are having a go at some of THE best fans who have supported the club through dark times not even comparable with what is happening now but think you are some sort of role model for the rest of us. Why don't you disappear up your own orifice...pathetic

But it isn't just me though, is it?

I know a lot of other people - thinking people - who are doing the same as me.

I supported the club through the dark times too, but they were dark times because we had no money.

We couldn't expect anything different, and frankly some managers, eg Gray, overachieved with what he had to work with.

This club won't go forward until a new manager is brought in.

If you don't approve of my methods, fine, but I'd like to know what you personally are going to do to get Carlos out.

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I supported the club through the dark times too, but they were dark times because we had no money.

We couldn't expect anything different, and frankly some managers, eg Gray, overachieved with what he had to work with.

If you don't approve of my methods, fine, but I'd like to know what you personally are going to do to get Carlos out.

I'm going to post on a social media site and make...

crybaby 1.jpg

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Would love to have seen what Gray could've done with a bit of money behind him. Unfortunately he didn't get that chance. F..k only knows what the answer is now!

1 hour ago, Triple O said:

Do we have both the best and the worst fans of any club?

In football circles we have a great reputation for support particularly away from home.

Our fans have endured some very dark times and turned up no matter what.

Look at the scenes from wembley etc. We do this better than any club

We are also incredibly critical of the Club, Chairman,Manager, Coaches, Scouts and Players.

This often takes the form of quite vile and vindictive personal abuse which goes beyond reasonable criticism.

Quite often the best and worse traits of our fans are the very same people.

So are we in the position of having the best and worst fans of any club?

Yeah well not everyone on here is a Wednesday are they? You've gotta play the game or you lose every time

5 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Would love to have seen what Gray could've done with a bit of money behind him. Unfortunately he didn't get that chance. F..k only knows what the answer is now!

Yes, it makes you wonder what Gray must be thinking when he looks at this mess.

Chansiri didn't waste any time giving him the boot, his reward for saving us when we looked dead and buried and getting us to mid-table after selling his best player.

But Gray was "Chansiri's man", was he?