Should we sell Jordan Rhodes?

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why cant the club do proper due diligence on signings and actually think about signing good players that fit our style of play? All this gift to the fans nonsense is laughable.

Good players that fit our style of play?

I don't think there are any good players that fit our present style of play.

Come to think of it I can't think of any mediocre players, or even any poor players who would be suited to the style of play that Carlos is inflicting on the club at the moment.WTF:

1 minute ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Good players that fit our style of play?

I don't think there are any good players that fit our present style of play.

Come to think of it I can't think of any mediocre players, or even any poor players who would be suited to the style of play that Carlos is inflicting on the club at the moment.WTF:

It’s tough yeah, but Hooper and Forestieri manage to pull their weight

For Jordan's sake yes.

The growing animosity and bitterness around the club mean we are going no where for the next 2/3 seasons.

He needs to get his career back on track.

He's made two bad decisions can't afford to make a third.

Edited by Malkmus

Think we need to pray Rhodes comes good in the not too distant future, because we're stuck with him, even if we gave him away no one would be prepared to pay his wages.

The chairman acting like a kid in a sweet shop who's just found a tenner has seriously jeopardised the club imo, any new manager coming in will have to be very savvy in the transfer market, that's if he's allowed to be.

Recruitment has been a total feck up

Edited by Weshallovercome

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s true, and the evidence suggests that we don’t have a good pairing among our pool of strikers Our best chance of raising funds to find one, is by selling Rhodes The only other two that we might get money for, Hooper and Forestieri, both offer significantly more than Rhodes does

I would sell Rhodes tomorrow if we could break even on him but that may be ambitious. I would even sell him for a loss if we had a quality signing or signings lined up that the money was going to be used for. After the signing of Winnall, Rhodes should've never been an option. I would argue we didn't even need Winnall but it was good business so I can understand that.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

No.

Under a different manager that knows how to attack sides Jordan Rhodes is a 20 goal a season striker.

Rhodes stopped being a 20 scorer his second to last year at Blackburn.

Didn't do much his last year at Blackburn, ineffective at Middlesborough, continually ineffective here (whilst Hooper, FF, and Fletcher have all found double digit goal numbers).

Jordan Rhodes not scoring is a Jordan Rhodes problem, not a manager problem.

• Haha 2

On the broader subject, I don't think we should look to sell him, only because we're not likely to get anywhere near what we paid for him, and Hooper and Fletcher are unlikely to remain healthy down the stretch, so our depth will become increasingly important.

If someone waltzed through the door offering £8-9 million?  Sell him.

Since that's not likely to happen?  Let's see if we can't get him back on the horse and maybe get ten or twelve goals out of him this year.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, their coach wasn’t though To be honest, it’s how it will work best for us, Rhodes and Hooper doesn’t work

guarantee if we get a fast right winger.fernando on left and gary with Jordon upfront ,under a different coach this team will be scoring for fun 

bar hooper none of our strikers score for fun ,because of clueless and his dire tactics 

I think so many of us are making too many excuses for Jordan Rhodes Others, like Hooper and Forestieri still deliver under the same constraints We can’t carry a passenger like Rhodes anymore Football at this level demands far more from players than it did five years ago

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

We need to do it quickly, his stock is dimishing Unfortunately, these type of “Don’t do a lot strikers” are rarely coveted at this level these days Looks like a League One striker to me

There's a reason no one from the Premier League ever went in for him when he was the most prolific striker in the Football League and at a good age.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think so many of us are making too many excuses for Jordan Rhodes Others, like Hooper and Forestieri still deliver under the same constraints We can’t carry a passenger like Rhodes anymore Football at this level demands far more from players than it did five years ago

Guru, you still haven't answers the stats.

only 7 games this season he's played an hour or more.. and in those games he's scored 5 goals.

it looks like "if you play Rhodes, you get goals".

use him as a 20 minute sub and he struggles to get into games.

that seems like an excellent case for playing him for 90 minutes in every single game, not a case for shipping him out.

17 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Guru, you still haven't answers the stats.

only 7 games this season he's played an hour or more.. and in those games he's scored 5 goals.

it looks like "if you play Rhodes, you get goals".

use him as a 20 minute sub and he struggles to get into games.

that seems like an excellent case for playing him for 90 minutes in every single game, not a case for shipping him out.

In league games? His minutes per goals ratio wouldn’t be so impressive I’d wager

Him scoring doesn’t necessarily relate to team success, something that’s been noted at his previous clubs Also, his relative recent improvement, in goal scoring terms anyway, has coincided with us sliding into the bottom half of the table

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s tough yeah, but Hooper and Forestieri manage to pull their weight

Yes, I agree.

Though IMO this is despite not being suited to CC's style of play.:wacko:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

With hindsight, we can say he's unproven.

a) If a club comes in with a decent offer, cut our losses;

or

b) If Carlos quits, bring in good manager(s) (Pulis and/or Megson, Pearson, Lee Johnson), then give Rhodes a final chance - you never know...

or

c) Keep plugging away with Injured defenders, and injured midfielders, and ask Hooper to cover for the forwards;

or

d) Believe in the fairies, and hope Forestieri, Tom Lees, Sam Hutchinson, Kieran Lee and Fletcher get back to full fitness - real quick;

or

e) Serious look at James Wilson, Sebastian Bianco, Kurt Zouma or similar P/L starlets on loan.

or... are the owner and manager ill-equipped to cope?