Should we sell Jordan Rhodes?

My view, whether we change the manager or not, is yes I think we should

Sure we will have to take a hit, but we need to do it now while there are still clubs around that remember he used to score goals We will need to raise funds for January, and he would bring in the type of money needed to make any meaningful changes Things haven’t worked out for him here, and it would be best for all concerned if he were to leave

I’m sure that there will be people saying sell the deadwood first, but how realistic is that? If we can, sure, then do that as well

Rhodes though, would be fairly easy to sell, albeit at a knock down price, and it wouldn’t really weaken us in the way that say, selling Forestieri would Quite simply, Forestieri offers so much more than Jordan Rhodes does

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

For us? No we shouldn't. We should be sacking Carlos immediately and getting someone who understands this level of football Played in the right way he's arguably one of the best strikers in the league.

For him? Yes. If carlos remains here driving this club into the dirt the further JR gets away from us the better. Save your career Jordan and go somewhere else where you have a chance.

Problem is with Jordan Rhodes is we will have to be prepared to take a massive loss on him since buying him less then a year ago.

How much was his transfer fee £8m? Would struggle to get £4m for him and probably have to give him a pay off to leave.

Why cant the club do proper due diligence on signings and actually think about signing good players that fit our style of play? All this gift to the fans nonsense is laughable.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

My view, whether we change the manager or not, is yes I think we should

Sure we will have to take a hit, but we need to do it now while there are still clubs around that remember he used to score goals We will need to raise funds for January, and he would bring in the type of money needed to make any meaningful changes Things haven’t worked out for him here, and it would be best for all concerned if he were to leave

I’m sure that there will be people saying sell the deadwood first, but how realistic is that? If we can, sure, then do that as well

Rhodes though, would be fairly easy to sell, albeit at a knock down price, and it wouldn’t really weaken us in the way that say, selling Forestieri would Quite simply, Forestieri offers so much more than Jordan Rhodes does

Because he's a top class striker who would bang the goals in if he wasn't been managed by a clueless moron. Most managers would have him in a heartbeat 

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

I would prefer to keep all the current crop of players and just get a manager/coaching team in that actually know what they're doing.

I'm convinced that this set of players could get us promoted with the right setup and style of play in place.

This 100%

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would you sell a top class striker to take cash and give it to Carlos and Mr Chansiri to play with?

Makes no sense to me that move

But they signed Jordan Rhodes?

Edited by gurujuan

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Problem is with Jordan Rhodes is we will have to be prepared to take a massive loss on him since buying him less then a year ago.

How much was his transfer fee £8m? Would struggle to get £4m for him and probably have to give him a pay off to leave.

Why cant the club do proper due diligence on signings and actually think about signing good players that fit our style of play? All this gift to the fans nonsense is laughable.

The thing is though is that you could have Messi and Ronaldo but if they’re told to play in a way that doesn’t result in shots on target and negative sideways possession football, then does due diligence matter as the team will never achieve the target of promotion. Managers should build their tactics/playing style around the likes of Jordan Rhodes, hes proven himself far more effective over the years than Carlos’s ‘one season’ tactics. Any other manager in this league, given a gift wrapped Jordan Rhodes by their chairman would have adapted their style to suit him. Carlos? No way. He’s wrote a book on tactics and he knows best....

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

In all honesty i doubt we'd get a better offer than someone taking him on loan.

We have some good players, Rhodes is one of them. We need to get the best out of them, play to their strengths. 

I’d rather see what another coach can do than start selling. You just know Rhodes would score for fun somewhere else.

Edited by bigdan2003

I laughed at Boro spending big money on him and thought it was a gamble. When we went for him for a similar price I couldn't believe what we were doing. I think many fans were worried considering we've already got Hooper, Fletcher and Winall, FF, plus other strikers. To me he was going to offer nothing that we hadn't already got and that is the exact problem we have now. I'd start with Hooper and one other striker who is very different from Hooper, maybe Nuhui who offers height and strength (ok not goals but something different to Hooper) or maybe Joao who offers a bit of pace, a bit of height confidence to run with the ball and some trickery and probably FF as a striker who again offers energy and trickery and shots from anywhere. Rhodes seems to offer nothing extra, he's great in the box if you can get the ball to him but there's our problem.

Sell Rhodes? Yes if we could get even £5m I'd do it and bring in that rock hard strong CM that we still haven't bought and pay off CC's contract! 

If not, then play a system that he'll score in and offload one or more of our abundance of talented strikers who are steeling a wage sat on the subs bench or worse.

5 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

We have some good players, Rhodes is one of them. We need to get the best out of them, play to their strengths. 

I’d rather see what another coach can do than start selling. You just know Rhodes would score for fun somewhere else.

Any new coach would probably want some of his own players, so he would need funds in January We can do without Jordan Rhodes, but we need to add strength, pace and power to the group

A £5m price tag and £35k+ a week wages puts him out of most clubs in this divisions budget.

Wolves - Don't need him

Cardiff - Can't afford him

Bristol City - Can't afford him

Derby - Don't need him

Villa - Possibly

Sheff U - Can't afford him

Leeds United - Possibly but not likely to pay those £2m+ per season wages. Be great for us though.

Boro - No

Anyone below these clubs, whats the point in moving. I doubt any PL clubs would take a gamble and I doubt SWFC would be interested in a loan deal either.

I  said it was a huge mistake trying to sign a player for upto 10 million who was on 60k a wk at boro who has not done hardly anything for over 2 years not many agreed with me at the time. Our transfer policy has been so wrong its untrue signing players at end of there careers on huge contracts who not in there right mind would have signed on those terms. I do feel a bit sorry for him on pitch though it must be awful been a striker playing in this shocking negative setup what Carlos applys.