BREAKING NEWS: ALMEN ABDI INJURED (again)

I think he's contracted a major case of the Carlos-blues and he's being shutout because Clueless has no idea how to utilise him. I will not be surprised if all these supposedly injured players are suddenly fighting fit and back in contention the moment Carlos leaves.

Edited by TrueOwl

I reckon Watford and Abdi knew his legs were starting to fail when they sold him.

Best case scenario for Watford was to get some cash for him and get him off the wage bill. Best for AA was to get a long contract on good money. Win-win for them.

I did wonder why a player who was playing in the prem would move to us at the time.  We've had our pants down again.

1 minute ago, GoldGigsChris said:

I reckon Watford and Abdi knew his legs were starting to fail when they sold him.

Best case scenario for Watford was to get some cash for him and get him off the wage bill. Best for AA was to get a long contract on good money. Win-win for them.

I did wonder why a player who was playing in the prem would move to us at the time.  We've had our pants down again.

Didn't him and Pudil cost us £6m on the same day. Shocking.

10 minutes ago, heppers said:

I think something is going on in terms of appearance fees, etc...

Something is not right.

Dunno about that but we have a bloated squad of underperformers. Would be better with a smaller squad of hungry players.

Was all for a big, quality, squad of players at the outset, just didn’t expect most of them to turn out crocks or crap.

51 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Those who said he never had a chance look at one of the goals Bolton scored against us , Buckley started to make a run into space Abdi was the covering player he looked at him overtake him and gave up . 

Was that when our coaching genius took one of the divisions best attacking midfielders and put him at defensive MF?

47 minutes ago, scram said:

No they didn't

But i expect by the end of the thread they will have cost us £20m

You may be right but:

Attacking midfielder Abdi, meanwhile, is believed to have cost the Championship club around £4m.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/confirmed-sheffield-wednesday-sign-daniel-pudil-and-almen-abdi-from-watford-fc-1-8039862

Pudil's fee was also undisclosed but Watford's valuation before the transfer was £2m:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/owls-given-quote-for-30-year-old-international-defender/

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Probably got fed up with being played out of position, when he did actually get a shirt.

Might as well swing the lead & get paid the same. Far more than coincidence some of these recurring injuries.

Very Mcguguan-esque.

This^^^^

Got mate’s who’ve lost legs and have run marathons sooner than he has recovered. 

• Thanks 1