Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Wonder what money the lad Brookes is on at S2 ? 

I wonder what Ben Brereton is on at Forest

Same age as George, 1st team debut last season

Signed a 4yr deal in the summer and is currently ahead of George in the England U19 squad

A good comparison imo

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Who are George's agents?

Yes one of the biggest issues has been the conjecture and assumptions being/been made.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, @owlstalk said:

You've only read a statement from the chairman to be fair

Good point. It's unfortunate too that they felt compelled by rumours and such like to issue a statement IMO.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

DC only presents one side of the argument.

And it doesn't sound like he wanted to do that either; quite rightly IMO.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well Im sure if it’s not right Grandad, Geoffrey, Kivo etc will be fed the Hirst side of the story. 

I’ll go with this for now though seeing as this is one that DC could easily have brushed under the carpet and not commented on. 

I’m with the club on this

We cant be held to ransom by one player who no doubt has the potential to be a great player but is unproven at first team level

Premier League clubs can no doubt afford to take a gamble on him at this stage in his career

Don’t forget Franny Jeffers looked a world beater at Youth level :duntmatter:

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well Im sure if it’s not right Grandad, Geoffrey, Kivo etc will be fed the Hirst side of the story. 

I’ll go with this for now though seeing as this is one that DC could easily have brushed under the carpet and not commented on. 

Edited by BIG D

Ok so let's try and suss out who's who in this one

George Hirst - Top young prospect, banged goals in at U18 and U23 level and became regular up front for England 
David Hirst - Club legend who worked for the club
Mr Chansiri - Club chairman who wanted to sign George to a lengthier contract 
Carlos Carvalhal - Is he involved? I think he said it was out of his stratosphere or something?

Who else?

Who represents George HIrst?
Who are our club advisors that might deal with this?

Here's what I've found on the advisor side..

Chansiri went on to say Doyen Sport are “one” of the club’s advisers and admitted the agency talk directly to other club’s on Wednesday’s behalf. But he was quick to stress he continues to have the final say on their transfer dealings.

So who is representing George Hirst?

Owlstalk Shop

Why are people so stupid?

Seriously?

How on earth does that statement from Mr Chansiri show that the club are in the right and George Hirst is in the wrong?

I have read it numerous times to check I am not missing something really obvious here.

For clarity, because you have to be very clear on Owlstalk, I am not saying the club is in the wrong.  I am saying it is impossible to make any conclusions whatsoever?

How do you know that George Hirst hasn't simply asked for what several other clubs would be prepared to pay him?

If that would put him on a par with first team players at Wednesday - is that the fault of GH?

If you were an 18 year old that had made hardly any money so far and you knew you could have a big fat juicy contract elsewhere - would you not ask Wednesday to match it?

This is all conjecture, but without filling in the massive gaping gaps, how can you even begin to formulate where the fault (if either party can be blamed) lies?

He seems pished that a PL club appeared to have tapped GH up. If Doyen contacted the club to refuse the club's contract offer, to say he wasn't going to sign for us, and SWFC had received contact from a PL club wanting to sign him within the last hour, it does seem dodgy.

Either tapped up, or Doyen offering him to the market.

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He certainly seems happy on whatever he's on

Scored again at the weekend too

That's the whole point. At George's age it's noting to do with how much your being paid. It's about playing regularly, establishing yourself, filling out physically and improving.

Not going to get that a Leicester. George should have a long look at his representatives. LJ has had his chances even if he's not really taken them.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok so let's try and suss out who's who in this one

George Hirst - Top young prospect, banged goals in at U18 and U23 level and became regular up front for England 
David Hirst - Club legend who worked for the club
Mr Chansiri - Club chairman who wanted to sign George to a lengthier contract 
Carlos Carvalhal - Is he involved? I think he said it was out of his stratosphere or something?

Who else?

Who represents George HIrst?
Who are our club advisors that might deal with this?

Here's what I've found on the advisor side..

So who is representing George Hirst?

Carlos has no expectations, it's out his...

orbit_p_sugar_free_tab130432555787074262

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Why are people so stupid?

Seriously?

How on earth does that statement from Mr Chansiri show that the club are in the right and George Hirst is in the wrong?

It's worse than that

I've got Sheffield Wednesday friends on facebook and they've posted this story and it's turned into a David Hirst witch-hunt.

Owls fans are really genuinely now calling Hirsty all sorts, saying they never want to see him anywhere near SWFC again, giving him a right full on slagging off, and even one person saying they cant' believe HIrsty is 'letting his son carry the can for his own pride and downfall'

It's suddenly turned very nasty for a Sheffield Wednesday legend (and top bloke) from fans who have only heard one side of this today from the Chairman.

That's unacceptable.

And from the same people who were screaming for him to start in the first team until very recently.

We have only heard one side of this story. Just because it comes on Sheffield Wednesday headed notepaper does not mean it should be taken as the absolute gospel total truth of both sides opinions and reasoning.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, steveger said:

game over....

i dont get this bit, who could this be?

as was another party close to George who used unacceptable foul and abusive language to a senior member of our academy staff.

It’s easy to have a guess who he means. Could be wrong though, how many advisors does an 18 year old need?