Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really

The debate seems to steer back to David Hirst repeatedly or how greedy George is or how badly advised he's been (although it's assumed he's being advised by his representatives and that begs a whole load more questions)

There have been plenty of posts about Doyen....read it back...

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

The conflict of interest with Doyen is only a small manifestation of a global football problem.

The Tevez saga, the Neymar transfer, the Arabs...

You know that Doyen represent Neymar right?

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

So i've finally managed to catch up and read the whole thread.

First off, fair play to DC for coming out with the version of events regarding George.

It does seem based on the information given, that as a club we have tried our best to get George signed up on a longer contract.  I can't fault the club for that.  

What I can't get my head around is Doyen's role at this club.  Far too much involvement on so many levels, it's quite frankly shocking.  

There is a serious conflict of interest going on, and sadly it looks like we will lose one of our best prospects because of it.  

The more we hear about their involvement , the worse it gets . 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure why you're struggling so much with this one mate

Here it is in proper easy English

Hirst is a young player 
He starts banging goals in
Gets picked for England
Starts banging goals in
Doyen represent him
Doyen advise the club
Carlos is represented by Doyen
There's a contractual impasse
Chairman makes a statement
I say that I can't grasp what's going on with Doyen as it's too confusing
I also say that Mr Chansiri's statement is only one side of the debate and that we've not heard anything definitive from the other side
Arthur Bach piles in trying to turn it into a personal slanging match between posters on Owlstalk instead of discussing any of the above on a debate led messageboard

That's pretty much it

Sit down and have a little think about it before posting your next post because it's really not that difficult to get your head around it once you've read it through a few times really slowly

Unless you'd like pictures

Pretty sure I read somewhere that although Doyen initially recommended Carlos they do not represent him ?

So.....

We have the chairmans/clubs take on the situation

can someone get in touch with the other parties involved.

OWLSTALK can offer a platform to voice their side of the shenangans.

1 minute ago, BDM4nil said:

good riddance George and take your dad with you.

See this is why I'm annoyed that there's only one side to the story that's been published.

This kind of comment above (And much worse) is being spouted all over social media tonight towards Sheffield Wednesday all time legend David Hirst

What a mess

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not 100% but think they do

It's earlier in this thread that someone checked it online and it says Doyen represent him

I tried checking on line before I posted but couldn't find anything, just thought I'd read it somewhere when he first arrived.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

See this is why I'm annoyed that there's only one side to the story that's been published.

This kind of comment above (And much worse) is being spouted all over social media tonight towards Sheffield Wednesday all time legend David Hirst

What a mess

Someone on here MUST know or know someone that knows Hirt snr

get him on the phone... ask him to come on here and give HIS side.

we can then debate it with more information

DAVID..... its over to you 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What a mess

Your entitled to your view and I'm entitled to mine. I'm happy to stick with mine.

4 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

Your entitled to your view and I'm entitled to mine. I'm happy to stick with mine.

100%

I just find it strange that people are so quick to jump in with such a concrete view (and have a pop at David Hirst at the same time) without hearing the other side of the debate

It's weird to me that

I'd want to find out both sides of a story before deciding which side (if any at all) I would wish to back

Especially before having a pop at someone (and someone like David Hirst too)

Owlstalk Shop

We’ve offered George Hirst a contract, George Hirst wants more money than we’ve offfered.

Him approaching other clubs, us not letting him play, and any other sh*t, it’s all by the by.

He takes his chances elsewhere and we crack on.

30 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Only problem for GH in that is that his "potential" would be outed.  As it stands he holds all the cards.  He can open a bidding war with 3-4 teams after him and get a contract that will set him up for life (3 years at £10k+ a week, signing on fee etc. should set anyone up for life if they aren't stupid.

If he signs with us and goes to Rotherham and isn't the bees knees he's in bother.  A season with a struggling league 1 outfit, not many goals and he comes back here with his potential in tatters.  He then has 2 years (for example) on a big contract where we have to try and ship him out on loan to teams who aren't willing to pay his silly wages so he ends up stuck in our U23's until he gets released aged 20/21.

He could demand a £1m signing on fee with another club (if it's a Premiership team that's nothing) and that's that.  He never even has to play football ever again.

He got outed when Joao played for the kids and shown just how far GH is from a first team place. Denis Law was playing and scoring for Huddersfield when he was 16