Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Puts to bed all the sh.it that was being spouted by those who supposedly held private counsel with Hirst Snr.

Derisory offer my ar.se!

Feel for young George, such a shame it it’s come to this at the club he loves.  

Just another sad story of parasite agents and their greed. Agents have ruined the game 

5 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

What DC has said is fine as far as it goes, however I would have been keen to hear at what point of the negotiations and for what precise reason was George stopped from playing football.

I would like to hear an official George Hirst version of events too.

Presumably his version of events will be something along the lines of-

- I was offered X but I (my agent) thinks I should get Y. (Wednesday won’t or can’t pay it)

- My pals in the England u18s all get paid Y so why shouldn’t I (even though hardly any of us have even played a professional 90 mins) 

- There are a lot of players ahead of me currently (which presumably would be the case at his next club too).

- As all this has unfolded we have all fallen out so it’s all by the bye 

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Can’t be ar.sed...

Like the scouse ministry for rewriting history on here sometimes.

So you moan about posters who (in your opinion) are in touch with Hirst snr.

but cant be a.rsed to find the thread(s) on here that point this out

I haven’t got the frig.gin time to trawl through historical threads, who the fv.ck are you anyway?  Neil’s bi.tch?

M_RingoStarr630_PeaceSigns_092513.jpg

It's easy being on Owlstalk

You come on, talk about football and don't attack other users/members.

That's all we ask

Just everyone getting on debating football

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Peace and love. Love and Peace

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

I haven’t got the frig.gin time to trawl through historical threads, who the fv.ck are you anyway?  Neil’s bi.tch?

No

he's mine

but thanks for asking

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cowl said:

The other players that played alongside Hirst for England were still playing for their respective sides during this period.

The 'acrimony' you're looking for began with DC preventing the lad from playing for the club - that's the catalyst which 'closed the door' on these negotiations. You don't get back round a table with a chairman that's playing with your client's career like that. Sign the contract or sit it out for a year - that was basically the message, and it's indefensible.

1 hour ago, Freshfish said:

...you'll need to provide evidence of that or it's simply unsubstantiated gossip and guff..and that's the problem. Until a reply is offered by the other interested parties everything is speculation again and it damages the club more and more. Although i guess some people would welcome that.

Timeline:

August 5th - Hirst last plays for Wednesday in an U23 friendly against Scarborough Athletic.

August 14th - Hirst unselected for U23 opener against Cardiff

August 21st - Hirst unselected for U23 game against Charlton

August 21st or before

August 29th - Hirst unselected for U23 game against Millwall

'Just before the closure of the transfer window' circa August 31st - A bid for Hirst came in from a Premier League club

'A couple of hours later' - Club informed: "George Hirst will not be signing a new deal"

September 1st - Hirst represents England U19s against Poland (scores hat-trick).

Since - Hirst hasn't played for the club at any level.

1 hour ago, Dirkster said:

You are presenting assumptions as fact.   On the information that I've heard and seen. I have no problems with the club's actions.

To continue to overlook this sequence of events as though it's not even worthy of consideration is to be wilfully ignorant.

Perhaps people expect a deductive argument here, presenting a body of facts from which a conclusion can be deduced. That's just fanciful and unrealistic.

The best that can be done is to try to persuade through a mixture of facts, likelihoods, and reasoning - maybe even some rhetoric. Maybe your audience will be willing to consider, maybe not.

I don't think it's likely that @KivoOwl took a lucky guess that Hirst wasn't allowed to play anymore because he'd not signed a contract, only for this to later coincidentally turn out to be true. If you think it's more likely than not that it was a lucky guess, then fine. I don't think Hirst not appearing in any Wednesday U23 game after August 5th can be explained as him being injured, just not selected, or because he was training (for two weeks by himself) with England. If you think it's more likely than not that his absence is explained by these things, then fine.

You think there's nothing to see here, fine. Personally, it seems to me that Hirst had been told sometime between August 5th and August 14th (or at least by August 21st) that since he's not signing his contract, he can no longer play for any of our teams or go out on loan. In DC's own statement, it describes the bid coming in from a Premier League club as taking place 'just before the closure of the transfer window (Aug 31st), and that 'a couple of hours later' the club was informed that "George Hirst will not be signing a new deal". I'm taking those events to be no more than a few days before August 31st because that's what I'm taking "just before the closure of the transfer window" to mean - besides August 30th was when the Leicester bid was reported in the newspapers.

• Thanks 1

The majority seem delighted about this.

No explanation of why GH couldn't play in August for the U23s?

Big money turned down in a transfer fee. A club willing to take him on loan. Seems a great business move to not allow this and then pay his wages every week whilst not allowing him to play.

No explanation of not letting him train with his peers (many of whom are out of contract at the same time as GH).

Our best ever academy prospect not being allow to play should really help us attract the top youngsters.

I

OK, fair do’s.

Hows about claiming as FACT you know the details of a contract then?  Not only that but you’re so privy to ALL salaries and contracts that you can categorically state the contract is “derisory”??!?

I called a certain person out on this, he flounced and deleted his account when he realised he’d been rumbled!

Im bringing this up because of the chairman’s reply to questions directly related to George Hirst by the way, it’s in the thread title!!

The mood round our club has been fv.ckin poisonous and did not need poisoning anymore by agenda driven hit and run posters, you state something as fact, back it the fv.ck up!!

That's a fair enough request

But let's not go member seeking or attacking people

If people make claims that they know something but don't back it up then that's clearly either not true or they can't say

Bit like saying you have seen members posting that they held court with David Hirst but you have no evidence of it?

See how it works?

lol

Anyway - I'm off to the loo as I've had a massive kebab and can of coke and need a massive poo

That's actually genuinely fact but I'm not going to post the evidence

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Good to see one side of the story come out. The other side may never be known other than those dropping subtle hints that they know something but won’t say because it’s a big secret. 

The lad wants more money, his dad wants him to get more money and probably looks back on his own career as a waste given the talent he had and the move to Man Utd that was blocked. Hirst will get his move and probably get rich, will he make it? Who knows but if not he’ll be a rich champ / league one player who gave it a shot.

Not sure of the ins and outs (don't think anyone does) but could this have a detrimental effect on any transfer activity in January!? What with Doyan basically having what seems a finger in every pie at SWFC!?

I can only assume the relationship between Doyen and SWFC must now be soured!? I'd be pi55ed! 

I can't help but think naivety has played a huge role in how the club has ended up In this overly complicated, and quite honestly, baffling situation it finds itself in (re. Doyan representing - players, manager and advisors to the club)

too many cooks........