FAO Season Ticket Holders

Have a season ticket, but my enthusiasm for going is the lowest it's been for years. Work Christmas doo on December Friday 15th and I'm going to find it hard turning down the chance of a bit of stinky finger to come from town to S6 1SW to watch a negative backs to the wall display from Carlos's outfit. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

The Irvine and Turner years were just funny. 

Craig Armstrong. Jesus. 

Dean Smith at centre half, and Tidman marshalling the back 4. 

And yet I've read on here from a few this week it's the worst in the last 1000 games, 56 years.

Weapons. 

There must be people who post on here who can’t afford to go games but would love to....simple....all the ones who have season tickets but don’t use them because they can’t be bothered,let these unfortunate people go with your ticket

lets see who’s willing to actually do this.

1 minute ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Have a season ticket, but my enthusiasm for going is the lowest it's been for years. Work Christmas doo on December Friday 15th and I'm going to find it hard turning down the chance of a bit of stinky finger to come from town to S6 1SW to watch a negative backs to the wall display from Carlos's outfit. 

:picnic::tango::manager:garymegson:duntmatter::stuwinky::ghoulguy:

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Craig Armstrong. Jesus. 

And yet I've read on here from a few this week it's the worst in the last 1000 games, 56 years.

Weapons. 

It’s like Jon Beswetherick never happened

4 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

It's going to be many peoples works do on the 15th (mine included)

so I suspect we will see the lowest crowd of the season

but some will use that as a stick to prove that fans have had enough

when the truth is most of those missing are at their works xmas do

I'm going for a few drinks ...going to the match while they have their meal..... then going back for some more drinks with work mates

but I'm  a true fan (he he)

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Craig Armstrong. Jesus. 

Weapons. 

It was awful, however it's different in the sense you didn't pay a fortune to go. 

And that's the reason why it's so bad atm. It was always going to be pure poison the minute it went to bobbar, because of the price. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dot said:

nerve touched

Not really the fact that the consortium you mock had meetings with the Co-op bank and probably gave a little nudge to MM to make an offer

Which we were delighted when he did because some of us knew how deep the financial hole was. 

I have a season ticket. I haven’t missed a home game in a long time. I get to as many away as I can. This won’t change however we play and whatever division we’re in. It’s a bit like family to me, I remember the great games and some wonderful outings and i’ve felt disappointed and frustrated more often than I can remember.  It’s interesting I spend time with Liverpool fans and Arsenal and quite a few from lower leagues, and the highs and lows are very similar, just at the level the teams are in. We’ll be up soon enough in the Premier League again and i’ll look back on this year and think well I enjoyed Fulham and the derby for those few moments I was jumping around like a big kid.  The memory of the 4 hours coming back from Bolton stood up all the way with a lad being sick on my foot will hopefully fade! When I sing about Wednesday til I die and because of Boxing Day etc etc it really means something. 

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I know Carlos has had more money to spend than any other manager but if you think the football we are watching is worse than that served up by Irvine, Jones and Gray amongst others then your eyes are painted on. 

I can see your point...but, excluding Irvine (who was the worst manager we've ever had imo) there's an expectation element you're blindly ignoring.

The Gray/Jones era involved players who were below average compared to the rest of the division.

In order to compete, we had to develop a style of play that allowed us stay in games. The football wasn't great under either of these managers, but it was easier to watch, because we had players performing closer to their maximum levels. 

The football currently is dire. It isn't exciting. But what is worse, is it's allowing inferior teams to compete with us...and easily. Carlos is performing the polar opposite to Stuart Gray's Sheffield Wednesday side. Gray took a side bereft of talent, had to beg, steal and borrow, and produced a side that hugely exceeded expectations. Carlos has had the most backing ANY manager in our long history has had, has a team full of talent and technical ability to work with, and he's currently hugely falling short of expectations. 

This current situation is inexcusable. Continuing to except this dross, by harping back to other eras when the club had been run into the ground, is ridiculous. We are here, in the now, with a manager that has been exceptionally well backed, and the fact there's even a debate about this very subject, is enough to conclude that Carlos simply has to go. 

• Thanks 2

Well we definitely had a meeting

As I am not Mandaric I can't say for certain but the Co-op certainly made him aware of the meeting, they were monitoring the website and if you ask Steelowl who was more at the frontline then he is sure 

Just now, frastheowl said:

I can see your point...but, excluding Irvine (who was the worst manager we've ever had imo) there's an expectation element you're blindly ignoring.

The Gray/Jones era involved players who were below average compared to the rest of the division.

In order to compete, we had to develop a style of play that allowed us stay in games. The football wasn't great under either of these managers, but it was easier to watch, because we had players performing closer to their maximum levels. 

The football currently is dire. It isn't exciting. But what is worse, is it's allowing inferior teams to compete with us...and easily. Carlos is performing the polar opposite to Stuart Gray's Sheffield Wednesday side. Gray took a side bereft of talent, had to beg, steal and borrow, and produced a side that hugely exceeded expectations. Carlos has had the most backing ANY manager in our long history has had, has a team full of talent and technical ability to work with, and he's currently hugely falling short of expectations. 

This current situation is inexcusable. Continuing to except this dross, by harping back to other eras when the club had been run into the ground, is ridiculous. We are here, in the now, with a manager that has been exceptionally well backed, and the fact there's even a debate about this very subject, is enough to conclude that Carlos simply has to go. 

Post of the night. 

By miles

6 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I’m not blindly ignoring anything I’m just stating fact about the quality of football. I’ve said loads of times we should be doing better and even though the teams put out by Gray etc cost peanuts in comparison it doesn’t make the football that was served up any better. 

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’m not blindly ignoring anything I’m just stating fact about the quality of football. I’ve said loads of times we should be doing better and even though the teams put out by Gray etc cost peanuts in comparison it doesn’t make the football that was served up any better. 

But it makes it far more acceptable as a fan to stomach.

I honestly, cannot understand why anybody would compare the Gray era to this current one...in order to add support to the current situation.