Fernando Forestieri

3 hours ago, ramone said:

This formation fits our players so well. Swap lees and venacio round and replace venacio for Hutch and you can do the lot. It can switch to 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, a diamond In midfield and back again so fluently. 

I'd probably go with Hutch as the right side and let Lees challenge the the headers. Only time I've seen Lees on the right side of a 3 was when he did it for Leeds and Wickham tore him to shreds and he was hooked at the break.

To be honest , i cant see how or where he will get back into the team . He aint going to walk straight back in thats for sure. 

Would you drop Reach ? No 

Would you drop a striker so he can play the number 10 role ? No 

Its either going to take an injury or suspension for him to get back in for me. 

If we are lower in the table than we are now when he is 100% fit then it will give Carlos a problem as it will be difficult not to bring him back in.

Don't know which position but the simple answer is we cannot be slipping down the table and leave FF on the bench. It doesn't make sense.

If we are in the top six then Carlos holds all the cards and will probably use him as a super sub

Guest RocketOwl

You play your best players.

Simple. Once fit after a few games of being slowly eased back in he's first name on the team sheet again.

Home - Wing 

Away - upfront 

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, jrh said:

Forestieri works so well with joao. Look how many of ff's goals has joao on the pitch and consider the amount of games they have played together. 

Glad someone else has noticed this:

35 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

fernando is best player at the club when fit.

If he was ever our best player, it was for a spell in 15/16, when he played wide and was unstoppable, as were the team.

Since then, for around 18 months therefore, he has been nowhere near our best player. He wasn’t top five or six last season.

He has the talent to be our best. It remains to be seen if he still has the motivation to hit those heights by giving his all in his best role. 

On 09/11/2017 at 09:46, RussianDave said:

Some intriguing combinations there. I don't think we  should drop Rhodes, Hooper or Reach from the line up. When FF is fit, we must find room for him and we know he is best on the left. Wallace can drop to t'bench but he plays on the right so it can't be a straight swap. So probably this:

Westwood

Lees.        Loovens.        Fox. 

Matias/      Butterfield/.   Bannan.   Reach. 

Hunt.              Lee

Hooper. 

Rhodes.         Fessi.  

Subs: Wildsmith, Palmer, Van Aken, Joao, Wallace, (Hunt/Matias), (Butterfield/Lee).

I'm glad I'm not a football manager.

PFFT stealing my lineup! lol

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If he was ever our best player, it was for a spell in 15/16, when he played wide and was unstoppable, as were the team.

Since then, for around 18 months therefore, he has been nowhere near our best player. He wasn’t top five or six last season.

He has the talent to be our best. It remains to be seen if he still has the motivation to hit those heights by giving his all in his best role. 

Who scored the most SWFC goals last season?  :columbo:

Ff is our best player and will have to work his way back into the team but imagine if him hooper and Rhodes hit form together, we have a serious attack and teams wouldn't have a clue which to mark because they all quality players and know where the net is