Fernando Forestieri

Westwood

Lees.        Loovens.        Fox. 

Matias/      Butterfield/.   Bannan.   Reach. 

Hunt.              Lee

Hooper. 

Rhodes.         Fessi.  

Subs: Wildsmith, Palmer, Van Aken, Joao, Wallace, (Hunt/Matias), (Butterfield/Lee).

The current team which Carlos has stumbled upon looks good other than Wallace who is not really pulling up any trees. 

FF for Wallace straight swap. 

KW 

JH 

MF Doom

TL 

Glennis 

AR 

JB 

BB

FF 

GH 

JR 

I'd love to see this side with LJ given a run but Rhodes is scoring and we're winning. 

Honestly if I were an oppo fan and I saw above side as the opposition I would have the fear. 

Guest RocketOwl

Is there any possibility he could be back for the next game? Is this why he has posted the picture? Remember K Lee coming back very surprisingly last season.

Some intriguing combinations there. I don't think we  should drop Rhodes, Hooper or Reach from the line up. When FF is fit, we must find room for him and we know he is best on the left. Wallace can drop to t'bench but he plays on the right so it can't be a straight swap. So probably this:

Westwood

Lees.        Loovens.        Fox. 

Matias/      Butterfield/.   Bannan.   Reach. 

Hunt.              Lee

Hooper. 

Rhodes.         Fessi.  

Subs: Wildsmith, Palmer, Van Aken, Joao, Wallace, (Hunt/Matias), (Butterfield/Lee).

I'm glad I'm not a football manager.

19 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Behind the front 2 in a free role replacing Wallace....

Westwood

Venacio          Lees          Loovens

Hunt      Butterfield         Bannan      Reach

Forestieiri                         

Hooper             Rhodes

I like this but where would Lee fit? Only suggestion i've got is for Hunt but that wouldn't balance that team. Good problems to have tho

57 minutes ago, RussianDave said:

Some intriguing combinations there. I don't think we  should drop Rhodes, Hooper or Reach from the line up. When FF is fit, we must find room for him and we know he is best on the left. Wallace can drop to t'bench but he plays on the right so it can't be a straight swap. 

He has played RW, he is mainly right-footed, and if you watch the promotion-winning goal by Deeney it came from a sublime right wing cross from Nando.

Watford games:-

13/14 

Starts as striker 20 

Subbed on 9

14/15

Starts as striker 4

Starts as LW 4

Starts as RW 2

Subbed on 14

If he were coming back to fitness imminently it would seem sensible he starts gently as a sub, then replace Wallace in some starts. But who knows what our injury list or player/team form will be in January.

19 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Behind the front 2 in a free role replacing Wallace....

Westwood

Venacio          Lees          Loovens

Hunt      Butterfield         Bannan      Reach

Forestieiri                         

Hooper             Rhodes

As a full-back Hunt's final ball is acceptable, and certainly a tad improved this season.

But as a winger or wing-back we would be hopeless if relying on him solely to supply from the right. 

I also think that under Carlos his natural caution would really make this a 5212 rather than a 352.

I think it significant that the only way our fans can fit FF back into the team is by completely moving away from our set-up, i.e. Guessing what might work for the team.

The set-up should be established and trained first, then FF needs to knock one player out of the starting line-up on merit, say right or left wing, or striker.

If we are winning games with 2 up top and Reach playing well on the left then maybe he just doesn't fit what we need and we sell him in Jan.

Then re-invest the money into other areas of the team and start getting the squad balance right.

Alternatively if we are struggling and he wants to put him in to freshen up the team then play him up top with Hooper.

(I would go 4-3-3 with him on the wing but that isn't going to happen)

I think it will come down to our form at the time. When he does comeback I would like it if he just knuckles down and doesn't complain about playing in different positions. Would be nice.

11 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He has played RW, he is mainly right-footed, and if you watch the promotion-winning goal by Deeney it came from a sublime right wing cross from Nando.

13/14 

Starts as striker 20 

Subbed on 9

14/15

Starts as striker 4

Starts as LW 4

Starts as RW 2

Subbed on 14

If he were coming back to fitness imminently it would seem sensible he starts gently as a sub, then replace Wallace in some starts. But who knows what our injury list or player/team form will be in January.

Forgot he was there from 12/13!

12/13

Starts as striker 17

Starts as LW 1

Starts as RW 1

Subbed on 9

13/14 

Starts as striker 20 

Subbed on 9

14/15

Starts as striker 4

Starts as LW 4

Starts as RW 2

Subbed on 14

Everyone's posting line ups with back 3s, but does anyone actually believe we'll switch to a back 3?

Most likely we'll play 442 and either invert both Nando and Reach or just play Nando down the right in place of Wallace. It's that simple

Personally I'd just slot him in on the right, as it'd give as little disruption as possible to the rest of the side.

Edited by cookeh

52 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

But who knows what our injury list or player/team form will be in January.

Think this is an important fact actaully. A lot of the speculation is based on everyone being fit and firing which we have rarely if ever seen for any length of time

Guest RocketOwl
9 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Posters keep putting FF as part of the front 2, it doesn’t work 

Where did he play against Wolves away and Huddersfield away last season?

15 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Where did he play against Wolves away and Huddersfield away last season?

The odd game, he has played many more up top and it clearly doesn’t work. (Are you hoping he nabs a spot from JR? lol

FF needs to be where he can do most damage, hanging around big clogger defenders who seem to have carte-blanche to do what they want to him is wasting his talents.

On the wing or as a 3 for me.

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign