ASK THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY CHAIRMAN - PART 3

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Not really pal, possibly like you I'm supported the Owls and attended matches since 4 years old, being born a stones throw away from the ground. SWFC have been a big part of my life

Wednesday really are the only constant, until now. Check Grandads exit and you'll see I'm not the only one.

Only 3 things are sacred for me:

1:The name Wednesday

2: Play in the City of Sheffield

3: Colours Blue & White Stripes

MY team play in Blue & White Stripes.

Its not hard to follow is it.....

You have Wednesday fans now, feeling "Ever so grateful" that we "Might" revert back to what the whole fanbase more or less see as our strip...

What on earth is the problem?

Why change it?..why hold out the tenous offer that we "Might" one day get it back again?

Its OUR club...and no matter how many supertsticions you follow, or golden elephants march up the South...THAT, will not change..

Even if DC took all his money out...said "F.ookk you lot"..The club would still be there...cos no-one with any business acumen ignores 30'000 folk prepared to pay £40 a pop for something!

Theres an halfway point isn't there?....It costs the club absolutely nothing to pander to what the fans see as their kit...does it?

It costs the club nothing to ask Wednesday fans which badge or kit they like ..does it?

I'm heartily sick of being grateful for nothing...I pay for my season ticket...and relatively speaking probably put more of my disposable income into the club than DC puts in...

I sacrifice , relatively speaking, just as much as he does...as do we all...

F.ookin' give a little bit..its hardly going to kill you is it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

aaaaCapture.JPG

Very True. And I agree whoelheartedly.

Though we were The Wednesday when we won stuff with the dark socks.

Sheffield Wednesday need blue and white socks to win.

That's why I always feel so sorry for Chris Waddle and his crushed FA cup dreams.

Because for the sake of one change in sock turnover colour. He'd have had the medal he cherished so much.

66.png

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not hard to follow is it.....

You have Wednesday fans now, feeling "Ever so grateful" that we "Might" revert back to what the whole fanbase more or less see as our strip...

What on earth is the problem?

Why change it?..why hold out the tenous offer that we "Might" one day get it back again?

Its OUR club...and no matter how many supertsticions you follow, or golden elephants march up the South...THAT, will not change..

Even if DC took all his money out...said "F.ookk you lot"..The club would still be there...cos no-one with any business acumen ignores 30'000 folk prepared to pay £40 a pop for something!

Theres an halfway point isn't there?....It costs the club absolutely nothing to pander to what the fans see as their kit...does it?

It costs the club nothing to ask Wednesday fans which badge or kit they like ..does it?

I'm heartily sick of being grateful for nothing...I pay for my season ticket...and relatively speaking probably put more of my disposable income into the club than DC puts in...

I sacrifice , relatively speaking, just as much as he does...as do we all...

F.ookin' give a little bit..its hardly going to kill you is it?

That's what's winding me up so much.

He's throwing us some crumbs and telling us that he might decide to give us our stripes back at some point. I can almost  smell the arrogance from his statement.

Like you I can't deal with bad signings, bad pies, bad manager, elephants, tatty ground, relegations, all of it. Not changing our historical home kit.

I prefer to judge each shirt individually, we've had some really nice striped ones, and we've had some awful striped ones. I didn't like the design of last seasons shirt but think the current one is one of the nicer home shirts we've had. When people on here post pictures of our nice striped shirts campaigning for their return it's always ones from the 80s or early 90s. There isn't much love for many of the terrible ones we've had since 2000.

Just now, zzmdu said:

That's what's winding me up so much.

He's throwing us some crumbs and telling us that he might decide to give us our stripes back at some point. I can almost  smell the arrogance from his statement.

Like you I can't deal with bad signings, bad pies, bad manager, elephants, tatty ground, relegations, all of it. Not changing our historical home kit.

Its not even crumbs mate.....Throwing crumbs is actually "Giving"....Its simply giving the customer what he wants...its symbiotic simplicity

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Very True. And I agree whoelheartedly.

Though we were The Wednesday when we won stuff with the dark socks.

Sheffield Wednesday need blue and white socks to win.

That's why I always feel so sorry for Chris Waddle and his crushed FA cup dreams.

Because for the sake of one change in sock turnover colour. He'd have had the medal he cherished so much.

66.png

Look at the bright side at least his has not done a Cardiff yet - next season we could be in red and White stripes because red is a preferred colour in Thailand.

I don't know if this is a reason but Blue is apparently an unlucky colour in Thailand

2 hours ago, cowl said:

Can't say I'm entirely convinced by his rebuttal to the matter of whether he micro-manages.

I've never known the fact there are managers in place prevent the inveterate micro-manager from micro-managing them.

Having said that, he brings up the subject himself in answer to a question that was hardly loaded, so fair play for making an earnest attempt to address fans' concerns rather than just answering these questions minimally.

Don’t know how you can say this, you don’t know how it works, the only views on micro management comes from owlstalk from people who don’t know either.

IMO he doesn’t have the time to micro manage nor I think the inclination..

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Look at the bright side at least his has not done a Cardiff yet - next season we could be in red and White stripes because red is a preferred colour in Thailand.

I don't know if this is a reason but Blue is apparently an unlucky colour in Thailand

And I said "Good morning" to 3 magpies on me way up to play the "Magpies" once...We lost 8 nowt................

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I prefer to judge each shirt individually, we've had some really nice striped ones, and we've had some awful striped ones. I didn't like the design of last seasons shirt but think the current one is one of the nicer home shirts we've had. When people on here post pictures of our nice striped shirts campaigning for their return it's always ones from the 80s or early 90s. There isn't much love for many of the terrible ones we've had since 2000.

This is pretty much my take on it, too.

We've had plenty of godawful striped kits, and I wasn't a huge fan of last season's offering either. I think this season's effort is lovely, though.

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

and yer guide dog?

Uncalled for.  It's a little hypocritical to berate DC for his blinkered approach to fans opinion, and then demonstrate the same approach to others who may have a different view to your own.

36 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not even crumbs mate.....Throwing crumbs is actually "Giving"....Its simply giving the customer what he wants...its symbiotic simplicity

Some people are coming out with some crap with regard to our strip, remember we have played in the current strip before. In recent years we have had variations on the 'stripes' theme some of them very borderline. What  we play in has no impact on the performance on the pitch whatsoever. I want a winning team playing in blue and white, yes, but the stripes are irrelevant.