ASK THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY CHAIRMAN - PART 3

This ask the chairman series might be the death of sheer  panic on Owlstalk.

Doyen sports run the club! - No they don't, recruitment Is just a normal process

We'll never wear stripes again! - We probably will

We need a CEO and staff! - We are ok thanks, if that changes I'll hire someone

What is the point of the steering group!  - to discuss things and keep you in the loop

I'm guessing ticket prices might be next which will be an interesting read.

I have felt very negative over the summer and this has genuinely helped calm me down. Lets see where we head from here but I do think the responses have been good.

Come on Wednesday!

24 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I mean, if the current shirt design is so unpopular, can you offer some reasoning as to why we've had record sales of it?

Football fans are a very different consumer base.  They are incredibly loyal.  Our shirts will always sell well (within reason) especially as the club is on the up.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Doyen sports run the club! - No they don't, recruitment Is just a normal process

What is the point of the steering group!  - to discuss things and keep you in the loop

I have felt very negative over the summer and this has genuinely helped calm me down. Lets see where we head from here but I do think the responses have been good.

Come on Wednesday!

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/262364-ask-the-sheffield-wednesday-chairman-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=7724088

Fair enuff..But "Some folk want stripes2..Its easy enough to quantify that ain't it...f.ookin' ask...I bet stripes would poll over 80% on here...in the ground...most anywhere...simply do a Poll...its democratic...

and lets be honest ..."Record shirt sales" wold be the same whatever over the last couple of years....wouldn't it?

30 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Hi,

Let me break your duck. For me the white sleeves kit is my dad taking me to the match in the sixties. It's my favourite Wednesday style. I know I'm in a minority btw.

It was mine too and I loved it, but it was hardly lucky and stripes are Sheffield Wednesday.

Guest kelliesleftnut
16 minutes ago, steelowl said:

OT is indeed just a little bubble, but it's one that a huge amount of people peer into 

re the shirt design with black shorts looks ok i agree - EXCEPT I supported SWFC for a couple of years give or take 60 (not ipswich ) We played over 90% of our history in stripes .

The rather lame excuse by DC that it was selected from our history as some sort of nod to tradition is thinly veiled hogwash

he didnt pick the other variables hoops or halves because it doesn't show his name off nothing whatsoever to do with history . IF there was truth to it why pick the very one that was hated at the time.

Anyone believing that could pm their bank details I simply want to see how many 0s there are 

Nail on head.

All of the answer in these 3 parts so far, are they meant to be the way he hopes the club will be run or the way he thinks it is.

As none of his answer are making any sense if he is running the club the way he says then why is everything at the club such a complete clusterfuck.

23 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Come on Wednesday!

Seriously though, what did you expect him to say?

Dear Wednesday fans,

Ye, got myself into a bit of hot water with this Doyen lot, they have a big influence on who we bring in; often it's their client, whose either rubbish or Carlos won't play him. They've also signed up our brightest young talent in a generation who we happen to be failing to agree a contract with... It's all a bit of a mess.

I promise under no circumstances stripes will come back because i say so. If you don't like it get t'lane!

We really could do with a CEO to run the club, particularly in my absence, but I'm afraid it's an ego thing, I'm just not prepared to admit I may need help in certain areas,

Cheers Mr C

lol

• Haha 3

Imagine that...just going the 5 years before we win summatt else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get Arsenal fans now bleating, but we haven't won the league in so many....(Bearing in mind they have lifted the F.A cup ad nauseum)

West Ham fans worrying "But will Moyes play THe West Ham way"...I mean what in the name of f.ookery is "The West Ham Way"...Fallin' over in abject terror aas Waddle runs towards you?

Everton...."We have never gone down"..Yea, but for Hans segars diving over one, you would have

27'000 tipping up to Hillsborough hoping we win nowt really...cos getting to the Prem is only half the battle....Year upon year of misfiring misfits..Still we come in hope we might win something..Not paddle about in the lower half of the Prem, cos thats just nickin' money enough to do the same the year after....Whats it mean?..What on earth does it add to this clubs storied history?...I'll tell you what  the answer is................ ........nowt

West Brom fans...sick to death of it...Stoke...the same...

I mean how long before we did....

You get kids sayin' to you "Imagine playing  Chelsea , Arsenal, Man Utd..MAN CITY!!!....."

I've Seen us us blow all of them away.....

Now?.

.Its like some sort of honour to be on the same pitch as these "Giants"...Honestly ..Chelsea...Giants?

Bloody football...hate the mess...

Me lad posted me a link to that Arsenal fan TV thingy after we beat 'em 3-0 in the league cup..There was one young kid on there and he said

"We should be slapping teams like Sheffield Wednesday about"

If..I had been there and had a f.ookin' baseball bat I would have tw *tte d the f.ooker...and I'm not a violent person..Its the arrogance of these same bleating f.ookers that puts me off the Premier league...If we ever get there..I would want to compete in the sodding thing...not be "Ever so grateful"  that Man Utd have tipped up"

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Seriously though, what did you expect him to say?

Dear Wednesday fans,

Ye, got myself into a bit of hot water with this Doyen lot, they have a big influence on who we bring in; often it's their client, whose either rubbish or Carlos won't play him. They've also signed up our brightest young talent in a generation who we happen to be failing to agree a contract with... It's all a bit of a mess.

I promise under no circumstances stripes will come back because i say so. If you don't like it get t'lane!

We really could do with a CEO to run the club, particularly in my absence, but I'm afraid it's an ego thing, I'm just not prepared to admit I may need help in certain areas,

Cheers Mr C

lol

Yes you can read that into it if you want. I'm just happy he has addressed the questions and his answers make sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe you're wrong. But at least he has answered the questions. He could have took the Dave Allen approach and said nothing and just argued.

things aren't perfect, but I think we are heading the right way overall. If it all ends in disaster then I think we are all used to that anyway. I'm happy to be positive for now.

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Yes you can read that into it if you want. I'm just happy he has addressed the questions and his answers make sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe you're wrong. But at least he has answered the questions. He could have took the Dave Allen approach and said nothing and just argued.

things aren't perfect, but I think we are heading the right way overall. If it all ends in disaster then I think we are all used to that anyway. I'm happy to be positive for now.

Just Googled John Redgate you might be interest what his football experience CV consists of.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2014/october/sheffield-wednesday-appoint-key-duo/

If the worse should happen and DC and CC balls everything up JR has experience of helping clubs out of administration.WTF:

42 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I think you may have to consider the possibility that you are slightly overreacting.

Not really pal, possibly like you I've supported the Owls and attended matches since 4 years old, being born a stones throw away from the ground. SWFC have been a big part of my life

Wednesday really are the only constant, until now. Check Grandads exit and you'll see I'm not the only one.

Only 3 things are sacred for me:

1:The name Wednesday

2: Play in the City of Sheffield

3: Colours Blue & White Stripes

MY team play in Blue & White Stripes.

Edited by zzmdu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I'm honestly pleased if his answers put your mind at rest.

My problem with the whole question and answer thing has always been that he'll tell us what we want to hear and not what he doesn't want us to. 

It's just a PR exercise..

one which many have correctly said that he doesn't need to undertake, and as you have rightly pointed out, past chairman would never have done it either...

but it's still just a PR exercise.

Edited by Cosby Blunkett

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I'm honestly pleased if his answers put your mind at rest.

My problem with the whole question and answer thing has always been that he'll tell us what we want to hear and not what he doesn't want us to. 

It's just a PR exercise, one which many have correctly said that he doesn't need to undertake, and as you have rightly pointed out, past chairman would never have done it either. However, it's still just a PR exercise.

Everything you hear from any manager, player, chairman etc is a PR exercise. No one in business will sit there and tell their customers all the ugly truth of what is going on. At least I understand his thinking a little more. Personally I'd like to see a director of football but obviously he thinks otherwise. Lets see what happens.