ASK THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY CHAIRMAN - PART 3

2 hours ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

Some people are coming out with some crap with regard to our strip, remember we have played in the current strip before. In recent years we have had variations on the 'stripes' theme some of them very borderline. What  we play in has no impact on the performance on the pitch whatsoever. I want a winning team playing in blue and white, yes, but the stripes are irrelevant. 

Oh dear. It's started already. The breaking down of our identity. 

32 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Another great piece.

On the shirt, I think this season’s one is nicer but I prefer the striped shirts. Does that make sense? Probably not. 

Far too sensible. Everything is black and white..... If you don't only like stripes you are a cxxx

There's Owlstalk fans

There's Wednesday fans who go to the game.

They aren't percentage wise the same type of people.

Best evidence of this are the percentage of Owlstalkers obsessed by stripes

And the actual thousands of fans going to matches wearing the non striped kits which have sold more than stripes. Because they are Blue and White Wednesday kits. Not some construct of our 'history'from a bedroom in Wincobank.

So you blinkered jokers can claim that our history is ONLY stripes. But you are proved wrong in the present and in the past.

2 hours ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

Ha ha ha  - pathetic response, keep slagging off our Chairman and maybe he'll walk away, who will you target then.

if he's the sort of bloke who cant stand criticism whether justified or not  and walks away then I don't think buying  a football club was the right move for him ......if he's done summat that's upset a section of fans then are those fans supposed to keep stum for fear of him walking away .........

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oli1980 said:

The whole stripes issue, wants to get rid of stripes on home shirt, Brings out away shirt with stripes at the same time as a replica of the kit worn in the decline of the 60s & 70s.

Make your own mind up, That to me comes across as a bit of a pish take :carlos:

Which bit of the it was 7 yrs five of which were in the top league  followed by a change back to stripes which saw us  nearly dropping into the 4th division like the scrubbers can't you understand...the idea that we were in decline because of the shirts is nonsense

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Which bit of the it was 7 yrs five of which were in the top league  followed by a change back to stripes which saw us  nearly dropping into the 4th division like the scrubbers can't you understand...the idea that we were in decline because of the shirts is nonsense

It makes just as much sence as stripes being unlucky, if not if you look up you will see an almighty WHOOOOOOOOOSH over head

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

if he's the sort of bloke who cant stand criticism whether justified or not  and walks away then I don't think buying  a football club was the right move for him ......if he's done summat that's upset a section of fans then are those fans supposed to keep stum for fear of him walking away .........

I think he is the kind of chairman who can stand criticism and is far more open than any previous chairman in my recollection, however there is constructive criticism and then some of the vitriolic abuse that has been directed at him by some posters on this forum. At the end of the day he does own the club and hopefully has the wisdom to ignore this kind of  crap put on here by some of our posters.